View previous topic View next topic Go down

its all dead a different opinion :: notices

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:04 pm

a different opinion :: notices
Page 1 of 1 • Share • Actions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

its all dead

Post admin Today at 12:42 pm
OK everyone can sigh with relief and skip off into whatever sunset they choose. i have got nothing left. i have tried and tried and tried - i have spent the last month breaking down and the last 2 days solid crying.

i cant do anymore. i tried to offer what everyone asked for - i tried to offer more and have been left feeling like the whole lot was thrown in my face. am i being unreasonably bitter? probably.

have a nice life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope it was OK to post this and let people know

thanks

Back to top Go down

Re: its all dead a different opinion :: notices

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:11 pm

TTS wrote:a different opinion :: notices

its all dead

OK everyone can sigh with relief and skip off into whatever sunset they choose. i have got nothing left. i have tried and tried and tried - i have spent the last month breaking down and the last 2 days solid crying.

i cant do anymore. i tried to offer what everyone asked for - i tried to offer more and have been left feeling like the whole lot was thrown in my face. am i being unreasonably bitter? probably.

have a nice life

thanks

That is terrible, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope Sphinx is ok, I always had a lot of respect for her. No-one would have wanted this to happen Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:35 pm

God knows I clashed constantly with her, but poor Sphinx, after all her hard work. Those purporting to be her friends should hang their heads in shame.
Although I doubt they have the grace or the intelligence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Nems Again wrote:God knows I clashed constantly with her, but poor Sphinx, after all her hard work. Those purporting to be her friends should hang their heads in shame.
Although I doubt they have the grace or the intelligence.
All the nasty buggers are on inaflap! THey should be really proud of themselves GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:48 am

David1 wrote:
All the nasty buggers are on inaflap! THey should be really proud of themselves GRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'm sorry to see OS go too. I had as lot of time for Sphinx and she worked really hard.

But, frankly, the demise of the site had far less to do with "the nasty buggers" on Inaflap, as David puts it, than on a combination of (IMHO) previous SKY and ADO forum posters who simply would not let drop their constant whingeing about their old enemies, notably Dean and some others who rarely if ever appeared on OS; a marked deterioration in design and user "friendliness" after the refurbishment and what I personally felt to be too limited a range and content of subjects.

I posted a number of times but, I'm sad to say, I never found anything to really get stuck into with gusto, as happens all the time in IAF. I know that I should have showed more commitment and launched some threads of my own (Seren ticked me off - mildly! - for not doing so) but I'm afraid it's not my style.

Last edited by Aleister Crowley on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:48 am

David1 wrote:

Inadvertant humour there David. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy There are only 3 as you say, nasty Buggerers on Flap. You, Eilzel and Phil. Two of whom, as you already know, also post here. So we all hope that you indeed feel proud of yourselves. The rest of the Flap posters are decent, polite good natured and considerate indivuals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:02 am

Aleister Crowley wrote:

I'm sorry to see OS go too. I had as lot of time for Sphinx and she worked really hard.

But, frankly, the demise of the site had far less to do with "the nasty buggers" on Inaflap, as David puts it, than on a combination of (IMHO) previous SKY and ADO forum posters who simply would not let drop their constant whingeing about their old enemies, notably Dean and some others who rarely if ever appeared on OS; a marked deterioration in design and user "friendliness" after the refurbishment and what I personally felt to be too limited a range and content of subjects.

I posted a number of times but, I'm sad to say, I never found anything to really get stuck into with gusto, as happens all the time in IAF. I know that I should have showed more commitment and launched some threads of my own (Seren ticked me off - mildly! - for not doing so) but I'm afraid it's not my style.

Seren ticked you off for not starting threads on Opinion Swappers? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:35 am

It is strange that Sphinx gave up the site after what can only be described as a rather nasty encounter with the originator of this thread.

I for one am very saddened that she has closed it down

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:52 am

In A Flap wrote:It is strange that Sphinx gave up the site after what can only be described as a rather nasty encounter with the originator of this thread.

Im sure a lot of people are. How many of them have the backbone to acknowledge their role in its downfall is entirely another matter.
How lovely to see you hear BTW flap Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:55 am

Nems Again wrote:

Seren ticked you off for not starting threads on Opinion Swappers? scratch

Sorry, I meant Sphinx...and in the nicest and politest way, and she had a point. I remarked at some stage (may have been a PM; can't remember) that the subject matter wasn't exactly galvanising me into action, though I admitted that it wasn't my style to start new threads that would have been more of interest to me. She remarked that that was the big problem, and as I said, she certainly had a point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Aleister Crowley wrote:

Sorry, I meant Sphinx...and in the nicest and politest way, and she had a point. I remarked at some stage (may have been a PM; can't remember) that the subject matter wasn't exactly galvanising me into action, though I admitted that it wasn't my style to start new threads that would have been more of interest to me. She remarked that that was the big problem, and as I said, she certainly had a point.

LOL was confused there! I do feel a certain degree of sympathy for her. She put her faith in the wrong people and I am afraid she never 'got' that she was being played.
She gave people what they said they wanted, then they didnt want it after all. Some want to argue and continue the same arguments week after week, some think they are funny and some just want to troll. Dean has found the niche I think, by pretty much allowing them to do what they want and running it as a dictatorship. No one to argue far less arguing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:50 pm

fred bloggs wrote:

Inadvertant humour there David. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy There are only 3 as you say, nasty Buggerers on Flap. You, Eilzel and Phil. Two of whom, as you already know, also post here. So we all hope that you indeed feel proud of yourselves. The rest of the Flap posters are decent, polite good natured and considerate indivuals.
Awww Fred...
You are so paranoid. Has anybody ever told you that you talke so much bollocks?
No?
Well I am telling you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:53 pm

In A Flap wrote:It is strange that Sphinx gave up the site after what can only be described as a rather nasty encounter with the originator of this thread.

you know what dean i deliberately did not make any reference to you in this thread
yet hear you are on another forum trying to stirr up more crap what the hell is wrong with you

and as you have produced the entire thread on your site (why )any body can read it and be quite aware i was and never been nasty to any one
pissed off yes and fed up but unlike you never nasty or twisted and

now your following me about i guess trying to what ?cause trouble on hear ?now your blaming me for OS closing
i guess this is another forum you want a hand in closing down is it dean

now i would prefer that i never speak to you again that`s why i don`t visit your shit as you just keep it going
lets face it the last time you where hear on ES seems to be Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:23 pm
and the first post you make in months is another veld attack on me
JeeZE you couldn't wait to start

now its really quite simple you don`t seem to come hear and i don`t go to your shite
why not leave it at that

ps i would also like to point out i asked sphinx to make the thread public as can be seen as unlike you
you says things then refused to answer questions when your pulled up on what you have said
i have no problem with what i said
i was one of the few left posting on os and stuck with her to the end
i don`t do things behind peoples back or hold secret kabal`s or sneek about in the shadows
thats more your style

Last edited by TTS on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add text)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:11 pm

David1 wrote:Awww Fred...
No?

Dont waste your time David, Drinky has already advised that Fred is just on a wind up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:40 pm

David1 wrote:Awww Fred...
No?

Ha Ha David You're wrong AGAIN!! I am amused perhaps but that's all. I'm surprised you are so vermently opposed to gentle wordplay on your post - I thought you at least would be intelligent enough to appreciate a bit of banter. After all you are much more intelligent than the Butch Moderator N/Again. You just can't get good staff these days and Seren is unfortunately having to put up with the dregs of the intellect barrel with that one. Feel free to return the friendly banter any time you like David. It makes the replies so much more interesting. Regards Fred

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:01 pm

Nems Again wrote:

Im sure a lot of people are. How many of them have the backbone to acknowledge their role in its downfall is entirely another matter.
How lovely to see you hear BTW flap Very Happy
Well on ADO I certainly had issues with one or two people, but as with my own site I tried to move on from that when posting on OS, although as I posted there yesterday before it closed, I did a search for my name or my forum and there were over 400 posts which mentioned either which was around 5% of the total.
Some were complimentary and from people with open minds, others were not, and from people with axes to grind.
Hopefully after a break sphinx will come back, after all there is plenty of room for everyone IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Nems Again wrote:

LOL was confused there! I do feel a certain degree of sympathy for her. She put her faith in the wrong people and I am afraid she never 'got' that she was being played.
She gave people what they said they wanted, then they didnt want it after all. Some want to argue and continue the same arguments week after week, some think they are funny and some just want to troll. Dean has found the niche I think, by pretty much allowing them to do what they want and running it as a dictatorship. No one to argue far less arguing!

Thanks, I think you are right, you can't run it as a democracy as it is impossible to please everyone all the time.
And while I will listen to people over there, in teh end the only opinion that counts is mine.
Mwaaa ha ha ha
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:06 pm

In A Flap wrote:

Thanks, I think you are right, you can't run it as a democracy as it is impossible to please everyone all the time.
And while I will listen to people over there, in teh end the only opinion that counts is mine.
Mwaaa ha ha ha
lol!

And you are unanimous in that! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:18 pm

fred bloggs wrote:

Ha Ha David You're wrong AGAIN!! I am amused perhaps but that's all. I'm surprised you are so vermently opposed to gentle wordplay on your post - I thought you at least would be intelligent enough to appreciate a bit of banter. After all you are much more intelligent than the Butch Moderator N/Again. You just can't get good staff these days and Seren is unfortunately having to put up with the dregs of the intellect barrel with that one. Feel free to return the friendly banter any time you like David. It makes the replies so much more interesting. Regards Fred
@ Fred: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

@ Nems: Thanks for the info

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:31 pm

David1 wrote:
@ Fred: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

@ Nems: Thanks for the info

Wink xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:48 pm

TTS wrote:a different opinion :: notices

its all dead

have a nice life

thanks

Hello TTS

Hope you are well xx
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:24 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Hello TTS

Hope you are well xx
i am fine my darling
just sad about sphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Me too, I hope she's ok and will take a break and come back fighting when she's ready.

I can't imagine how hard it must have been for Sphinx running ADO and sticking to her principles but she did. I admire her for that and I will always be in her debt for welcoming us all when Sky suddenly closed.

A great lady and I hope we've not seen the last of her

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:58 pm

Agreed FtL, there is that, sphinx kept things together. I also wouldn't blame TTS for the closure, ffs he was one of the few who continued posting there. I would however place a heap of blame on the moderators there, who should have kept the thread rolling and giving others reason to get involved. Most of them simply ignored the place whilst posting on IAF...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:25 pm

eilzel wrote:Agreed FtL, there is that, sphinx kept things together. I also wouldn't blame TTS for the closure, ffs he was one of the few who continued posting there. I would however place a heap of blame on the moderators there, who should have kept the thread rolling and giving others reason to get involved. Most of them simply ignored the place whilst posting on IAF...
Thanks eilzel
i appreciate that
how ever when a certain person starts with his twisty ness the truth gets buried in the fiction

but i am not wanting to drag this to this site that`s why i did not mention him in the original OP
yet as soon as one board closes he cant wait to jump on to this one that he rarely if ever posts on and start the poking and thinly veiled slights

seem clear to me who is stalking who
i tried to stay away from him pity he cant seem to
let go

i guess haters hate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top