Will you be celebrating the Diamond Jubliee?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will you be celebrating the Diamond Jubilee?

50% 50% 
[ 2 ]
25% 25% 
[ 1 ]
25% 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Will you be celebrating the Diamond Jubliee?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Andrew Lloyd Webber and Gary Barlow write Jubilee song

Take That's Gary Barlow and Andrew Lloyd Webber have announced they are to create a song together for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. The collaboration will be performed at the Diamond Jubilee Concert outside Buckingham Palace on 4 June. For inspiration, Barlow is to travel round the Commonwealth to discover what the Queen means to ordinary people.

The musical duo said they planned to write the song over a cup of tea

"This is probably the biggest challenge I've ever taken on musically," Barlow said.

"I'm so excited and thrilled to be a part of it."

Barlow's journey, which will also explore the different musical cultures and traditions in the Commonwealth nations, will be the subject of an hour-long documentary for BBC One.

"It is a huge honour to be involved in this historic occasion and I am looking forward very much to working with Gary," Lord Lloyd Webber said.

'Join forces'

Speaking on Chris Evans' Radio 2 Breakfast Show, he explained how the collaboration came about.

"We both realised that there was a possibility that we would both be writing a song for the Jubilee to celebrate the Queen. I called Gary and said: 'Are you doing it because someone's talked to me about it?'

"And we thought it best to say we might join forces."

X Factor judge Barlow said he was hoping to find some "unique artist" from around the world, who could perform the track.

The Jubilee concert - which Barlow is helping to organise - has now attracted more than one million ticket applications.

Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Elton John, Dame Shirley Bassey, Jessie J, Ed Sheeran and Sir Cliff Richard have all been signed up to perform.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17152327

I know many of us said we wouldn't be watching the Royal Wedding but when it came to it were glued to the TV! What are your plans? queen

Back to top Go down

Re: Will you be celebrating the Diamond Jubliee?

Post by Nems Again on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:28 pm

Quite happily never watched a minute of any Royal Wedding since Charles' first attempt.

Cant stand any of them.

Queen is a miserable hard faced bitch with blood on her hands.
Evil or Very Mad

Does that answer your question hon!?
lol!

Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Nems Again wrote:Quite happily never watched a minute of any Royal Wedding since Charles' first attempt.

Cant stand any of them.

Evil or Very Mad

lol!

lol! Yeah, yeah I'll believe you Wink x

I have to admit I never thought I'd watch the wedding last year but got quite caught up with the hype about William and Kate

Can't see us having a street party though, although if I did you'd now be top of my invite list (and Mollie of course!) queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Nems Again wrote:Quite happily never watched a minute of any Royal Wedding since Charles' first attempt.

Cant stand any of them.

Evil or Very Mad

lol!
HAHAHAHAHA affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:07 pm

David1 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA affraid

What will you be doing lovely David? Are you planning a party??? x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:37 pm

A party with other queens x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:45 pm

I was already a Royalist at heart (though not always in my head), before the wedding last year. But after that I was bought hook line and sinker. I love the royals, I can't wait for the Jubilee (especially the flotilla)! My only regret is I wont be able to make it to London but it would probably be chaotically busy anyway. I will certainly be watched every moment I can with my BF king

I look foward to seeing what Lord Lloyd Webber and Gary Barlow put together, especially as both a great writers and Webber is an all time legend Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nems Again on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:07 pm

David1 wrote:A party with other queens x

lol!
Love it

Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:39 pm

eilzel wrote:I was already a Royalist at heart (though not always in my head), before the wedding last year. But after that I was bought hook line and sinker. I love the royals, I can't wait for the Jubilee (especially the flotilla)! My only regret is I wont be able to make it to London but it would probably be chaotically busy anyway. I will certainly be watched every moment I can with my BF king

I look foward to seeing what Lord Lloyd Webber and Gary Barlow put together, especially as both a great writers and Webber is an all time legend Very Happy

I'm not particularly a Royalist but I did get wrapped up in the wedding Eilzel

I can't see us doing anything specific, I hadn't thought about going to London. I wonder if I could persuade Hubby..............not a chance lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nems Again on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Sensible man!

Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:54 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

I'm not particularly a Royalist but I did get wrapped up in the wedding Eilzel

I can't see us doing anything specific, I hadn't thought about going to London. I wonder if I could persuade Hubby..............not a chance lol!

I would love to see all the boats going by, it will surely be spectacular Smile

No, I guess if someone is not as interested then there is even less chance when it is goiing to be THAT busy Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Nems!!!! lol!

Is there a music concert planned Eilzel? I would definitely be able to talk him into that cheers x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:03 pm

Feelthelove wrote:Nems!!!! lol!

Is there a music concert planned Eilzel? I would definitely be able to talk him into that cheers x

There was for the Golden Jubilee; and many popstars are talking of being involved so its almost certain there will be. You work on him FtL Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:05 pm

eilzel wrote:

There was for the Golden Jubilee; and many popstars are talking of being involved so its almost certain there will be. You work on him FtL Twisted Evil

Ahem, yes Eilzel I will xxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Seren on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Not really that bothered about the parasites that are the British Royal Family, but am curious about how the land lies regarding the Crown Land currently LEASED to the Welsh and the Scottish regarding our recent forays into tidal power generating electricity off our coastal areas.

I mean after devolution will we have to still pay to use our own coastlines to generate electricity OR still pay for the privilege of utilising our own coastal areas

Seren
Lt. Ripley - Alien Buster
Lt. Ripley - Alien Buster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nems Again on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Seren wrote:Not really that bothered about the parasites that are the British Royal Family, but am curious about how the land lies regarding the Crown Land currently LEASED to the Welsh and the Scottish regarding our recent forays into tidal power generating electricity off our coastal areas.

I mean after devolution will we have to still pay to use our own coastlines to generate electricity OR still pay for the privilege of utilising our own coastal areas

Thought the Queen owned all the coastlines and six foot out to sea?

Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Cant stand any of them.

Evil or Very Mad

lol!

Amen sista!
cheers

SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Nems Again on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:53 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Amen sista!
cheers

cheers

Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Nems Again wrote:

Spoil sports! Sexy, you're now on the list if I have a party Very Happy lol!

Back to top Go down

Diamond Jubilee could be more popular than Royal Wedding

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:22 pm

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee could prove even more popular than the Royal Wedding with 3,500 street parties already planned three months before the date.

Councils are organising their own events to mark the occasion with large-scale street parties, flotillas, live music and fireworks planned across the country Photo: REUTERS

When added to the thousands more events being lined up in pubs, gardens, town squares and on village greens, the figure suggests the jubilee could outstrip last year's wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Three months before the Royal Wedding last April councils had received only a handful of applications for road closures from people organising street parties, though this rose to 2,000 a month later and 4,000 with a few weeks to go. But there have already been an estimated 3,500 similar bids submitted for the Diamond Jubilee long weekend despite the fact it will not get under way until Saturday, June 2.

The success of the Royal Wedding could be behind the surge in applications and indicate a resurgence in the appetite for street parties in Britain, the Local Government Association (LGA) said. Town halls are attempting to boost the scale of the celebration by waiving fees for road closures to encourage street parties, handing out cash grants for certain events and distributing party packs.

Figures released by the LGA show that there have already been 47 applications submitted for street parties in Hertfordshire and 45 in Nottinghamshire. The London borough of Richmond has received 31 applications while the leading city outside of London is Portsmouth with 20. Cllr Flick Rea of the LGA said: “Councils told us back in January they were surprised by how many inquiries they were receiving from residents wanting to celebrate Diamond Jubilee weekend. This groundswell of enthusiasm is now turning into formal applications at a rate well beyond that of the Royal Wedding. Residents are telling us they had such a great time at street parties last year that they want hold one again, and many of those who didn’t get involved in the community celebrations don’t want to miss out this time round."

Councils are also organising their own events to mark the occasion with large-scale street parties, flotillas, live music and fireworks planned across the country.

Estimates suggest a million people took part in street parties last April 29, but organisers have suggested that the experience of the royal wedding and the allure of summer weather could triple that total this time around.

Streets Alive, a group which promotes street parties, predicted in January that 2012 will be the biggest year for street parties since the Silver Jubilee year of 1977.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9118816/Diamond-Jubilee-could-be-more-popular-than-Royal-Wedding.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:14 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top