Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gove to crack down on term-time holidays

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Does that mean I win Fred? lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Absolutely NOT - I'm afraid you lose! you have been beaten on all points of the original debate. ---- Fred

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:26 pm

fred bloggs wrote:Absolutely NOT - I'm afraid you lose! you have been beaten on all points of the original debate. ---- Fred

I hate to lose normally Fred but on this occasion, I'll allow it lol! x

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:14 pm

fred bloggs wrote:How totally wrong you are Eilzel. Holiday companies Do NOT take advantage of set term times to increase charges. Those ARE the correct prices for the holiday. What you are being confused by is that the holiday companies discount holidays to extend the holiday season at quiet times to allow those who don't need to holiday in peak season and do not want to holiday when the resorts are full of kids to enjoy a quieter time when on holiday. Parents with kids can always obtain budget holidays to suit their purse when the schools are on holiday.

I would argue from the other point of view fred....and say that in fact holiday companies DO in fact INCREASE their prices during peak periods...i.e school holidays, in a cynical and deliberate act. since their costs are static throughout the year, why not charge one single cost all year round regardless?, those wanting a holiday outside of term time ...i.e older folk wanting peace and quiet etc wouldnt in general care about the slight price increase...so rather than feel the need to prescribe unnecessary punitive action against generally good parents, how about restrictive price laws on the holiday industry?
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:13 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

I would argue from the other point of view fred....and say that in fact holiday companies DO in fact INCREASE their prices during peak periods...i.e school holidays, in a cynical and deliberate act. since their costs are static throughout the year, why not charge one single cost all year round regardless?, those wanting a holiday outside of term time ...i.e older folk wanting peace and quiet etc wouldnt in general care about the slight price increase...so rather than feel the need to prescribe unnecessary punitive action against generally good parents, how about restrictive price laws on the holiday industry?

I would be happy to debate this point Victor. BUT :- as you know there is a gang of loony lefties ( lets call them the Girly gang ) who just enjoy following my posting all over this site and like funny little trolls destroy any thread in which I post. Never mind, when Seren sorts them out things will improve tremendously. I look forward to debating with you then. By the way has it been decided who are the ones to go in the bloated moderation team yet. Regards Fred

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:16 pm

fred bloggs wrote:

I would be happy to debate this point Victor. BUT :- as you know there is a gang of loony lefties ( lets call them the Girly gang ) who just enjoy following my posting all over this site and like funny little trolls destroy any thread in which I post. Never mind, when Seren sorts them out things will improve tremendously. I look forward to debating with you then. By the way has it been decided who are the ones to go in the bloated moderation team yet. Regards Fred

No one is going Fred, its not your decision. Actually, by your post, you have just destroyed this thread, which is sort of normal isn't it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Of course, there was the little boys gang, but one of them grew up and realised that the other little boy wasn't what he said he was!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:24 pm

fred bloggs wrote:

Shocked
Rolling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:55 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

No one is going Fred, its not your decision. Actually, by your post, you have just destroyed this thread, which is sort of normal isn't it.

That's not what we all heard. -- Your secret is now out. -- You'll be telling us next there has been no war of words between you and your little clone nems, versus Seren. Now remember what you say - when the enevitable happens it may come back to haunt you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:57 pm

fred bloggs wrote:

That's not what we all heard. -- Your secret is now out. -- You'll be telling us next there has been no war of words between you and your little clone nems, versus Seren. Now remember what you say - when the enevitable happens it may come back to haunt you.

Oh there was, but its been sorted, you didn't manage to break up anything, sorry to disappoint.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:00 pm

I have certainly been having some conversations with Seren Fred quite amicable. I would post the pms but that is a breach of confidence.
Another moderator has also been trying to contact Seren, but its not Sassy.
perhaps your source is only telling you the bits its convenient for you to know?

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:12 pm

ok...now just wtf is going on???...I go awol for a few days and.........

As far as I am aware ...there is NO change in the mod team, and NO change in strategy. Debate what and however you like...but NO abuse,...and before anyone starts with "he said ...she said"...I am FULLY aware of what was said by whom and when and in what order...... AND I am fully aware of the needling and sniping that goes on....and from which quarters it originates.....
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:15 pm

victorismyhero wrote:ok...now just wtf is going on???...I go awol for a few days and.........

As far as I am aware ...there is NO change in the mod team, and NO change in strategy. Debate what and however you like...but NO abuse,...and before anyone starts with "he said ...she said"...I am FULLY aware of what was said by whom and when and in what order...... AND I am fully aware of the needling and sniping that goes on....and from which quarters it originates.....

Very good Victor!! Keep your little minions in the Mod team in order. I know you have the power. Do your job!! And we can get back to serious debating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:35 pm

fred bloggs wrote:

Very good Victor!! Keep your little minions in the Mod team in order. I know you have the power. Do your job!! And we can get back to serious debating.

He was talking about you dear!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:14 pm

fred bloggs wrote:

Fred love, he means you. Read his post on the other thread too. Victor is giving you some very good advice.
Take it, theres a good chap.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top