The Mary Celeste

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Mary Celeste

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Popped in today dear fellow posters - it's a bit like the "Mary Celeste" on here today. I'll try again in a few days !.--May I wish any posters, if they ever log in, a lovely weekend. -- Fred

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Nems Again on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 pm

fred bloggs wrote:Popped in today dear fellow posters - it's a bit like the "Mary Celeste" on here today. I'll try again in a few days !.--May I wish any posters, if they ever log in, a lovely weekend. -- Fred

You must feel very happy that you have ruined this place Fred.
avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Points : 3582
Reputation : 111
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Take the blinkers off Nems. Ordinary posters like myself have absolutely no power in a discussion forum. It is the corruption and hatred shown by those who abuse their power as moderators who have damaged this site. Nobody else. Once the rotten apples in the moderation team are weeded out and given the boot, the site could improve no end.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Nems Again on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:59 pm

fred bloggs wrote:Take the blinkers off Nems. Ordinary posters like myself have absolutely no power in a discussion forum. It is the corruption and hatred shown by those who abuse their power as moderators who have damaged this site. Nobody else. Once the rotten apples in the moderation team are weeded out and given the boot, the site could improve no end.

But you got what you wanted? Admin sided with you. The mods were publicly criticised and their posts deleted and still you are not happy.
Why were you not here posting away to keep your friend Seren's site going? You did what you always do. Post some snide remarks and then run away because you are spineless.
Haven't seen any thought provoking intellectual, fact filled contributions coming from you. Why not? Mod team was neutralised and still you are whining.
Christ I hope Seren realises with friends like you she has no need of enemies.
avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Points : 3582
Reputation : 111
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:05 pm

fred bloggs wrote:Take the blinkers off Nems. Ordinary posters like myself have absolutely no power in a discussion forum. It is the corruption and hatred shown by those who abuse their power as moderators who have damaged this site. Nobody else. Once the rotten apples in the moderation team are weeded out and given the boot, the site could improve no end.

Good Evening Fred,

I disagree, ordinary posters like yourself have all the power. A site is only as good as the members themselves. Many of us have tried hard to keep the Forum going, christ I've posted to myself for days at times, I must be crazy

This could be a fantastic place to be and has been previously. Why do you think things would change so much if we, the Moderation Team were replaced? To be honest I'd happily resign, being a Moderator is a thankless task. Do you think if we all left this site would all of a sudden become a hive of activity?

What is killing this site is the recent negativity, lack of leadership and direction. I certainly don't want to come on line to this, it's miserable and to frank there is more to life.

No fun, no Feelthelove No






Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Drinky on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Perhaps it has become too boring because it is sanitised to such a degree that real debate is closed off. Moreover only left leaning views seem to be countenanced since seren has had to be elsewhere.
I might add that robustvargument however much backed up with facts is regarded as rude if it attacks lefty ideology or individuals who are wedded to such ideology.

If Fred and I didnt visit do you reckon it would be better. Debates would be as sterile as f__k.


Last edited by Drinky on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Points : 2217
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Drinky wrote:Perhaps it has become too boring because it is sanitised to such a degree that real debate is closed off. Moreover only left leaning views seem to be countenanced since seren has had to be elsewhere.
I might add that robustvargument however much backed up with facts is regarded as rude if it attacks lefty ideology or individuals who are wedded to suck ideology.

If Fred and I didnt visit do you reckon it would be better. Debates would be as sterile as f__k.

Drinky you are very wrong.
The ONLY thing that is not allowed is ABUSE.

Opposing views are always great as we get to see each others point of view
avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1147
Points : 978
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Drinky wrote:Perhaps it has become too boring because it is sanitised to such a degree that real debate is closed off. Moreover only left leaning views seem to be countenanced since seren has had to be elsewhere.
I might add that robustvargument however much backed up with facts is regarded as rude if it attacks lefty ideology or individuals who are wedded to suck ideology.

If Fred and I didnt visit do you reckon it would be better. Debates would be as sterile as f__k.

Drinky you are very wrong.
The ONLY thing that is not allowed is ABUSE.

Opposing views are always great as we get to see each others point of view
avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1147
Points : 978
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Drinky on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Er no.

Ill leave it at that.
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Points : 2217
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Nems Again on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:42 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Drinky you are very wrong.
The ONLY thing that is not allowed is ABUSE.

Opposing views are always great as we get to see each others point of view

It is also worth reiterating that the mods moderated as per instructions and we did not delete posts or threads
avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Points : 3582
Reputation : 111
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Drinky wrote:Perhaps it has become too boring because it is sanitised to such a degree that real debate is closed off. Moreover only left leaning views seem to be countenanced since seren has had to be elsewhere.
I might add that robustvargument however much backed up with facts is regarded as rude if it attacks lefty ideology or individuals who are wedded to suck ideology.

If Fred and I didnt visit do you reckon it would be better. Debates would be as sterile as f__k.

Hi Drinky,

Yes Seren has been busy with real life but her heart isn't here. She has her own views on what the site should be. We (the Moderators) have tried so many times to discuss and develop the forum positively. Nothing happens, nothing changes. We rarely get any response No

To be frank I'm pissed off with being blamed for everything that is wrong with ES, I've invested a year of my online life here. I've no fight left Evil or Very Mad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Nems Again wrote:

It is also worth reiterating that the mods moderated as per instructions and we did not delete posts or threads

I know! It is her forum after all!!!!!!!!!!!
No No
avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1147
Points : 978
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:25 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

I know! It is her forum after all!!!!!!!!!!!
No No

Hi Sexy I love you x

The majority of moderation, deletion of posts, banning of posters has not been as a result of action taken by the Moderation Team here. I'm against bans to be honest. There are only 2 people who I can't tolerate and they rarely post here No

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Hi Sexy I love you x

The majority of moderation, deletion of posts, banning of posters has not been as a result of action taken by the Moderation Team here. I'm against bans to be honest. There are only 2 people who I can't tolerate and they rarely post here No

Hi FTL xxx

I understand. This place is really nice and calm and one can debate well without it decsending into personal abuse! But i guess some people are never happy!
I love you
avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1147
Points : 978
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:55 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Hi FTL xxx

I understand. This place is really nice and calm and one can debate well without it decsending into personal abuse! But i guess some people are never happy!
I love you

My point exactly Sexy. You can have any opinion, just put that view to others without abuse xxx

Sometimes people post in an aggressive manner but are not intentionally abusive. I wish that passion could be expressed differently, I think it would encourage further debate cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:37 am

Feelthelove wrote:

Good Evening Fred,

I disagree, ordinary posters like yourself have all the power. A site is only as good as the members themselves. Many of us have tried hard to keep the Forum going, christ I've posted to myself for days at times, I must be crazy

This could be a fantastic place to be and has been previously. Why do you think things would change so much if we, the Moderation Team were replaced? To be honest I'd happily resign, being a Moderator is a thankless task. Do you think if we all left this site would all of a sudden become a hive of activity?

What is killing this site is the recent negativity, lack of leadership and direction. I certainly don't want to come on line to this, it's miserable and to frank there is more to life.

No fun, no Feelthelove No






Good morning FTL, Thank you for your reply. I have always held you personally in high regard and agree that you are indeed a well mannered and pleasant asset to any forum. Unfortunately there are others, the real rotten apples among the moderation team who abuse their position, are downright nasty in their attitude to ordinary posters who disagree with their narrow minded spiteful opinions, and alter threads/ posts to make their side of a discussion prevail. This type of jiggery pokery coupled with their absolute hatred of anybody who has previously disagreed with them, is abhorrent. We have all seen the extent that they join together to try to abuse and ridicule those posters whenever they log in. I'm sure you agree with me that any moderator resorting to those spiteful activities have no place on any Mod Team. They should have been kicked off months ago. The worst offenders, those who were mistakenly promoted to their level of incompetance, you will not be surprised to hear are Sassy and her clone Nems. Without a doubt Sassy is responsible for encouraging a gang mentality on here against anyone who is to the right of chairman Mao and is on her HIT List for having had the audacity to at one time disagree with her. On a personal note FTL it must be difficult for you at times, to work with those rotten apples and in particular seeing how their behavior is discouraging decent posters from contributing to this forum and posting elsewhere.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:16 pm

fred bloggs wrote:

Good morning FTL, Thank you for your reply. I have always held you personally in high regard and agree that you are indeed a well mannered and pleasant asset to any forum. Unfortunately there are others, the real rotten apples among the moderation team who abuse their position, are downright nasty in their attitude to ordinary posters who disagree with their narrow minded spiteful opinions, and alter threads/ posts to make their side of a discussion prevail. This type of jiggery pokery coupled with their absolute hatred of anybody who has previously disagreed with them, is abhorrent. We have all seen the extent that they join together to try to abuse and ridicule those posters whenever they log in. I'm sure you agree with me that any moderator resorting to those spiteful activities have no place on any Mod Team. They should have been kicked off months ago. The worst offenders, those who were mistakenly promoted to their level of incompetance, you will not be surprised to hear are Sassy and her clone Nems. Without a doubt Sassy is responsible for encouraging a gang mentality on here against anyone who is to the right of chairman Mao and is on her HIT List for having had the audacity to at one time disagree with her. On a personal note FTL it must be difficult for you at times, to work with those rotten apples and in particular seeing how their behavior is discouraging decent posters from contributing to this forum and posting elsewhere.

Good Afternoon Fred,

I really don't know how to respond to this without going round in circles again Sad

It's just not worth it, I surrender

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Good afternoon FTL, I appreciate how difficult it must be for you to agree that there is something a bit dodgy in the management team. The others would come down on you like a ton of bricks, accuse you of agreeing with those who have brought the corruption to light, resulting in making your life a misery. I also see why you and Seren have virtually given up the struggle to keep this site a place where those of all opinions can post, it must be an uphill struggle against the vindictive gang members. I do not require a reply, I would not want to compromise you FTL. --I however have no problems highlighting the situation as I have been doing for a few months now. Seren could easily sort the problem once and for all by cutting out the dead wood in the management team. It's not difficult, just needs a couple of key strokes. -- Very Best Regards---- Fred

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Nems Again on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:52 pm

If this place is so awful you have to wonder why Fred is still here.
avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Points : 3582
Reputation : 111
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:11 pm

fred bloggs wrote:Good afternoon FTL, I appreciate how difficult it must be for you to agree that there is something a bit dodgy in the management team. The others would come down on you like a ton of bricks, accuse you of agreeing with those who have brought the corruption to light, resulting in making your life a misery. I also see why you and Seren have virtually given up the struggle to keep this site a place where those of all opinions can post, it must be an uphill struggle against the vindictive gang members. I do not require a reply, I would not want to compromise you FTL. --I however have no problems highlighting the situation as I have been doing for a few months now. Seren could easily sort the problem once and for all by cutting out the dead wood in the management team. It's not difficult, just needs a couple of key strokes. -- Very Best Regards---- Fred

That's not what I meant Fred No

Seren is very capable of making her own decisions and trust me, if she didn't want any one of us to remain part of her Team we'd have been out of the door.

I am completely behind all of the Moderation Team, we are just that. I see any decisions made as those of the Team and take responsibility for those choices. That is why I have made it clear that if I am to remain a Moderator here I would like to be involved in those decisions.

I want this site to remain a place for everyone, of course I do. It is and always has been fine to have any opinion you wish, just post it without being personally abusive. That is all we ask cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Nems Again on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:29 pm

It really cant be put any plainer can it?
avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Points : 3582
Reputation : 111
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

That's not what I meant Fred No

Seren is very capable of making her own decisions and trust me, if she didn't want any one of us to remain part of her Team we'd have been out of the door.

I am completely behind all of the Moderation Team, we are just that. I see any decisions made as those of the Team and take responsibility for those choices. That is why I have made it clear that if I am to remain a Moderator here I would like to be involved in those decisions.

I want this site to remain a place for everyone, of course I do. It is and always has been fine to have any opinion you wish, just post it without being personally abusive. That is all we ask cheers



Of course FTL I understand why you are saying what you did. -- Until Seren has time to sort out the rotten apples in the M/Tteam of this site you could do us all a favour and persuade the Girly gang to stop their abusive posting., --- as you say, "just post it without being personally abusive" should apply to all people who post here including vindictive Mods. That's what we ordinary posters expect. Any way I'll pop back in next week and see if Seren has had time to effect any improvment.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:35 pm

Nems Again wrote:

But you got what you wanted? Admin sided with you. The mods were publicly criticised and their posts deleted and still you are not happy.
Why were you not here posting away to keep your friend Seren's site going? You did what you always do. Post some snide remarks and then run away because you are spineless.
Haven't seen any thought provoking intellectual, fact filled contributions coming from you. Why not? Mod team was neutralised and still you are whining.
Christ I hope Seren realises with friends like you she has no need of enemies.

I have nothing to add to this lol! lol! lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:39 pm

fred bloggs wrote:



Of course FTL I understand why you are saying what you did. -- Until Seren has time to sort out the rotten apples in the M/Tteam of this site you could do us all a favour and persuade the Girly gang to stop their abusive posting., --- as you say, "just post it without being personally abusive" should apply to all people who post here including vindictive Mods. That's what we ordinary posters expect. Any way I'll pop back in next week and see if Seren has had time to effect any improvment.
Gosh Fred you persist and sign Sleep Sleep Sleep
You are the biggest hit and run poster I have ever come across.
You only you are not THE forum. scratch

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mary Celeste

Post by Nems Again on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:11 pm

David1 wrote:
Gosh Fred you persist and sign Sleep Sleep Sleep
You are the biggest hit and run poster I have ever come across.
You only you are not THE forum. scratch

David makes a very good point here Fred. If you dont like the way things are then it is within your power to change how you respond to things.
At the moment, you are being abusive to Sassy and I, now Sassy isnt here and I think your posts say far more about you than me or her. Why not try posting in such a way that no one could take issue with your posts? You know intellectual fact filled posts that contain no abuse or bitching. Im sure you can if you try. As FTL has already pointed out if Seren wanted changes she would have made them. What she has said is dont take you to task on the discussion threads and delete your crap and snideyness. You are going to have to start posting as she asked Fred or all this leniency we are showing you in trying to reason with you will stop and as per her instructions will will moderate you.
Have a nice day Very Happy
avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Points : 3582
Reputation : 111
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum