Has adifferentsky imploded?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has adifferentsky imploded?

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:44 pm

I've given up on them in disgust after the recent gross behaviour of certain trolls, who were let free to ruin the site. I notice there's nothing much doing today over there. Have they gone too far?

Back to top Go down

Re: Has adifferentsky imploded?

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:27 pm

sprite wrote:I've given up on them in disgust after the recent gross behaviour of certain trolls, who were let free to ruin the site. I notice there's nothing much doing today over there. Have they gone too far?

Hi Sprite, it seems so which is a great pity because when the site wasn't in complete meltdown I really enjoyed posting there Sad

I know Sphinx has some changes planned in her overhaul of the forum so maybe things will improve. I hope so, there are still some great people there x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Hi Sprite, it seems so which is a great pity because when the site wasn't in complete meltdown I really enjoyed posting there Sad

I know Sphinx has some changes planned in her overhaul of the forum so maybe things will improve. I hope so, there are still some great people there x

I agree, I hope it doesn't. I did say that when the two were let back on within a short period it gave the green light for anyone to say anything. I hope it settles down and her changes work as I really do wish her the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:07 pm

It is falling apart right now, Debunker (who I will agree with those who say he is only retalliating) is completely ruining the place. I don't know what sphinx wants to happen in the end but I don't see why anybody would continue posting there with the kind of sick stuff that swamps UKnews. And let's remember this is before IMHO and DIBS go off the deep end again (which they will no doubt about that).

Luckily for anyone there they have this place, and I don't know about the other Mods, but even though I see Debunkers point, he will never be allowed on here as far as I'm concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:45 pm

eilzel wrote:It is falling apart right now, Debunker (who I will agree with those who say he is only retalliating) is completely ruining the place. I don't know what sphinx wants to happen in the end but I don't see why anybody would continue posting there with the kind of sick stuff that swamps UKnews. And let's remember this is before IMHO and DIBS go off the deep end again (which they will no doubt about that).

Luckily for anyone there they have this place, and I don't know about the other Mods, but even though I see Debunkers point, he will never be allowed on here as far as I'm concerned.

I wish Sphinx every success Eilzel. In the main I loved posting on ADS but I couldn't cope with the never ending abuse and meltdowns. I love it here and I wouldn't want to see anyone allowed to destroy ES.

If that means banning posters before they have the opportunity then so be it Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:35 pm

eilzel wrote:It is falling apart right now, Debunker (who I will agree with those who say he is only retalliating) is completely ruining the place. I don't know what sphinx wants to happen in the end but I don't see why anybody would continue posting there with the kind of sick stuff that swamps UKnews. And let's remember this is before IMHO and DIBS go off the deep end again (which they will no doubt about that).

That's a relief, debunker is really quite vile cyclops

And I have no idea what sphinx thinks she's doing but I would say it's not working Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:39 pm

molly wrote:

That's a relief, debunker is really quite vile cyclops

And I have no idea what sphinx thinks she's doing but I would say it's not working Evil or Very Mad

Apparently the site will be down a bit tomorrow for the long awaited updates; though what that will be is anyones guess- it wont stop Debunker, IMHO and the rest posting though will it Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:46 pm

eilzel wrote:

Apparently the site will be down a bit tomorrow for the long awaited updates; though what that will be is anyones guess- it wont stop Debunker, IMHO and the rest posting though will it Evil or Very Mad

My thoughts exactly, she can move things all she wants but without moderation it will be the same people saying the same things and where they want to say it pale

Waste of time imo but we shall see Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:51 pm

molly wrote:

My thoughts exactly, she can move things all she wants but without moderation it will be the same people saying the same things and where they want to say it pale

Waste of time imo but we shall see Suspect

Hi Molly Smile xxx I hope that the changes are a success for those posters who would love to continue the debate. I think that the shut down will perhaps make people appreciate what they have. Who knows, I hope so and wish Sphinx all the best. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:29 pm

I wish Sphinx well too as ADS started off very promisingly but the current mess shows where the lack of moderation leads to.

The issue of moderation is a close call...apart from the fact that moderating a site is a lot of hard work with little thanks [which I'm sure the mods on here would testify to lol], there is an initial appeal to a site where 'anything' goes in an anarchaic way, but ADS is showing that some form of control is always necessary, otherwise the spoilers just take over and everybody ends up with nothing in the end as it all falls apart. And so far as multiple screen sns go, well they happen on every single forum in every corner of the internet and has done from the very beginning, its just a fact of life for this form of debate/discussion unfortunately and just has to be put up with.

I think the system in place here, with a heirarchy of 'moderation' across the site is the most sensible way of doing things and hopefully it'll do well. As for Sphinx's set-up...unless she's prepared to police it more, I don't think it'll survive but I hope for the best and we'll see.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum