British and Irish couples are 'least romantic' about Valentine's Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

British and Irish couples are 'least romantic' about Valentine's Day

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:27 pm

British and Irish couples are the least romantic about Valentine's Day judging by how much they spend, according to a survey.


New Covent Garden Flower Market Gears Up For Valentines Day. Photo: Getty Images

The Spanish, French, Italians and Germans fork out far more on special Valentine's breaks than British Isles' tourists, the poll by lastminute.com showed.

Irish couples spend just £134 and UK couples only £145 compared with the Spanish figure of £218. The French (£208), Italians (£176) and Germans (£153) also outspend the UK and Irish, the survey revealed.

London is the favourite Valentine's hotel destination for UK and Irish couples, with UK couples also favouring Edinburgh and Manchester. London is also a top hotel spot for Italians looking for some February romance.

For UK couples travelling abroad, the top Valentine's Day destination is Paris, while for the Irish it is Barcelona, which is also the top spot for Italians taking to the air. Rome is the favourite city for French and Spanish couples prepared to leave their own country, while Germans prefer Istanbul.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relationships/valentines-day/9077277/British-and-Irish-couples-are-least-romantic-about-Valentines-Day.html

Since when has romance been about money??? Rolling Eyes

We rarely do anything for Valentines day, romance should be spontaneous not just because it's February 14th!

Having said that anyone got any nice plans or considering getting on one knee???

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: British and Irish couples are 'least romantic' about Valentine's Day

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Where are we supposed to get this money from! I know what I think is romantic, and it doesn't involve balloons (well, only if you want it to!) I love you

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: British and Irish couples are 'least romantic' about Valentine's Day

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:59 pm

sassy1261 wrote:Where are we supposed to get this money from! I know what I think is romantic, and it doesn't involve balloons (well, only if you want it to!) I love you

Romance costs nothing Sassy! Have you got any nice plans? It's Hubby's birthday tomorrow so we're out then and will have a quiet meal for two on Tuesday I love you x

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: British and Irish couples are 'least romantic' about Valentine's Day

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Romance costs nothing Sassy! Have you got any nice plans? It's Hubby's birthday tomorrow so we're out then and will have a quiet meal for two on Tuesday I love you x

Well, a lot of the snow has now gone, so I might manage to get out, would be nice, haven't dared to set foot in the snow. I'm afraid we don't get the chance of a quiet meal for two in this house lol! But I have got a bottle of sparkly saved. We'll have to see.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: British and Irish couples are 'least romantic' about Valentine's Day

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:18 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Well, a lot of the snow has now gone, so I might manage to get out, would be nice, haven't dared to set foot in the snow. I'm afraid we don't get the chance of a quiet meal for two in this house lol! But I have got a bottle of sparkly saved. We'll have to see.

Lots of places are doing very reasonable Valentine meal deals cheers x

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: British and Irish couples are 'least romantic' about Valentine's Day

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Lots of places are doing very reasonable Valentine meal deals cheers x

Sounds like a nice idea x

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: British and Irish couples are 'least romantic' about Valentine's Day

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum