'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Drinky on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:52 am

I suggested some months ago that your faith in a non democratic EU was misplaced you called me the usual xenophobic Tory. This is what a non democratic EU does.

The drive to keep these laws is very much "an old liberal one". If you are not duplicitous then you are naive in the extreme. because you cannot understand the concomitant of blindly supporting an instituation that has already demonstrated it's non democratic bona fides.

As for the Tories destroying the economy that dear lady was already done by Labours spend spend spend. The £500 million pound per day deficit was running long before the coalition took power. Also the ratings agencies have made it crystal clear if we hadn't embarked upon cuts we would have been downrated before now. I will also add that both Alistair darling and the Governor of the Bank of England had already stated whoever got into power would have to cut far deeper than Thatcher ever did. You talk glibly daily about how the Coalition are making life horrible as if you could do better. You haven't a clue because you still haven't grasped that we are at the mercy of the money markets. That is how superficial your understanding is on any matter relating to public finance.

You have you head buried firmly in the sand and will not countenance the fact we haven't got any more money to spend on a bloated public sector whether you like it or not. Any money we have is borrowed from hard headed financial institutions. Labour got us there not the Tories!!!!


You may welcome higher interest rates I do not!



The Labour party destroys the economy and you are dumb enough to blame thew Tories forgive me if I don't buy into your delusions.



Your every utterance and every post is rabidly anti Tory even on this thread about deporting extremist when the only party that has been consistent in its approach is the Tories you cannot bring yourself to acknowledge that. Blind brainwashed zealot of the left is very much your domainI have often said I find those on the extreme left unable to challenge their own position you are a perfect example of someone who is so full of themselves they cannot see tyhe wood for the trees.





As a final point one of the biggest ironies of all has been unmentioned. You a rabid EU supporter haven't takenm a moment to consider that one of the reasons our economy is so vunerable is because we have put all out eggs in the European basket!!! The slowing of the economy is directly related to that fact. I suppose that too is the Tolries fault in your deluded mind even though most Tories have been pressing for a more outward view for years when your Liberals wanted to commit even more to the EU. What hypocrites you Liberals truly are.



Which bit of this post will you be dying to excise???Very Happy
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:06 am

Drinky wrote:I suggested some months ago that your faith in a non democratic EU was misplaced you called me the usual xenophobic Tory. This is what a non democratic EU does.

The drive to keep these laws is very much "an old liberal one". If you are not duplicitous then you are naive in the extreme. because you cannot understand the concomitant of blindly supporting an instituation that has already demonstrated it's non democratic bona fides.

As for the Tories destroying the economy that dear lady was already done by Labours spend spend spend. The £500 million pound per day deficit was running long before the coalition took power. Also the ratings agencies have made it crystal clear if we hadn't embarked upon cuts we would have been downrated before now. I will also add that both Alistair darling and the Governor of the Bank of England had already stated whoever got into power would have to cut far deeper than Thatcher ever did. You talk glibly daily about how the Coalition are making life horrible as if you could do better. You haven't a clue because you still haven't grasped that we are at the mercy of the money markets. That is how superficial your understanding is on any matter relating to public finance.

You have you head buried firmly in the sand and will not countenance the fact we haven't got any more money to spend on a bloated public sector whether you like it or not. Any money we have is borrowed from hard headed financial institutions. Labour got us there not the Tories!!!!


You may welcome higher interest rates I do not!



The Labour party destroys the economy and you are dumb enough to blame thew Tories forgive me if I don't buy into your delusions.



Your every utterance and every post is rabidly anti Tory even on this thread about deporting extremist when the only party that has been consistent in its approach is the Tories you cannot bring yourself to acknowledge that. Blind brainwashed zealot of the left is very much your domainI have often said I find those on the extreme left unable to challenge their own position you are a perfect example of someone who is so full of themselves they cannot see tyhe wood for the trees.





As a final point one of the biggest ironies of all has been unmentioned. You a rabid EU supporter haven't takenm a moment to consider that one of the reasons our economy is so vunerable is because we have put all out eggs in the European basket!!! The slowing of the economy is directly related to that fact. I suppose that too is the Tolries fault in your deluded mind even though most Tories have been pressing for a more outward view for years when your Liberals wanted to commit even more to the EU. What hypocrites you Liberals truly are.



Which bit of this post will you be dying to excise???Very Happy

Whether we are part of the EU or not Drinky our nations economies would be too close for us not too suffer when their did. Countries naturally trade mostly with those nearest. It is naive to think if we were not part of the EU that the collapse there would not effect us at all. Imo we are better being part of it so that when things do go wrong we can be there when plans are being made to put it back together again. I have heard these idealic ideas of breaking with the EU to look to the commonwealth; but that can't be a serious solution when most CW nations are poverty stricken back waters and those that have been a success have bigger markets outside Britain- the CW could not replace Europe as a trading partner, so what else would you suggest?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:42 am

I'm past caring where Drinky is concerned Eilzel. He says others have their head in the sand, sees everything that is happening in this country at the moment and still supports it all. He will only admit it is wrong when we have no economy and 90% of the population are out of work. Where the EU is concerned, perhaps he wants us to have greater links to America, and how wonderful that would be, being dragged by the nose into anything they were involved in.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Drinky on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:36 am

Everything above is based on facts. Facts you clearly don't like and therefore discount with the wavew of a hand.



Eilzel it is a case that we now do more than 60% of our business with Europe when before it was much much smaller. It is a case that we have placed nearly all our eggs in the proverbial basket.



It is a fact the deficit was running years before the Tories came to power. It is a fact Darling admitted deep deep cuts would be needed and finally it is a fact we would be paying very high interest rates had the coalition done as Ed Balls wanted to.


Alll the rfatings agencie have said so. Itake it you know more than the ratings agencies Sassy?


Becuase it doesn't fit left wing idealogy it is excised from history on here. Like I said very Soviet union. If it goes against the grain excise it from the history books.

I am not being rude unless you call putting bald facts in front of you rude. In which case I am being most impertinent.
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:43 pm

How wrong you are. It just so happened I was listening to a someone from the company who did the latest ratings, and they said the reason they were worried was not because there were not enough cuts, but because of unemployment. I was also listening to a banker who said that as the people who gave the ratings were a private company, why were they being allowed a say so in the running of the country, and that from a banker. You see, you have to dig a little deeper rather than taking everything that is handed to you and swallowing it with a smile.

Don't be obtuse, your facts were not rude, calling me two faced was. I am always upfront with everything I believe in, so don't try and pretend it had anything to do with the facts you presented.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Drinky on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:46 pm

I listened intently to the ratings agency leaders two days ago and read background reports in the Telegraph. In essence they said that had we not reduced expenditure we would have been borrowing at a rate which would have lead to much higher interest rates.



Labour are wriggling on a stick about the debt because they created the debt and the deficit by growing the public sector. They are also beholden to the large public sector unions whose donations keep the party afloat. Neither fact you can deny.



Now if we are borrowing £500 million after reductions consider what it might have been otherwise. Armies of public sector pen pushers isn't investment it is wasted expenditure. Large caital projects can be classed as investment and do create jobs so I haveb't an issue with targetted expenditure like that.



Your buddies in the Labour movement are trying to sell us on the idea that armies of civiol servants is what we need when the reverse is true. We need to liberate the porivate sector from the burden of these ridiculously high taxes. which the Liberals are also into big style.



Why is it people have bought into the notion that big state s what we need. Look what big state did in the Communist countries for a clue where that leads.



Finally again I repeat Cameron is one of the most left wing leaders since Heath he is closer to you than he is to me which is why he and Clegg get on so well.



This isn't a Tory lead administratiopn with a radical tax cutting agenda it is a watered down version of what went before..



You are so left wing and biggoted about the Tories that you can't see the nose on the end of your face. Again I say we right wing Tories are appalled at just how much the lefty liberals are ruling the roost.



The suggestions by you and Victor in fairness is frankly ludocrous that Cameron is somehow doing this because he is a right wing sadist. You say I am a Tory hack. Beleive me I am not I am very critical of the Tories but not for cutting the size of the public sector. On that their targets are far too unambitious. I want Osborne to signal a move to smaller state and start to reduce taxes to reinvigorate private enterprise rather than support big state leviathons like you support.



That is why I find your arguments so laughable.



You are so left wing that anyone seems right wing to you that is your issue.
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Round and round here we go, snore!

At the risk of repeating myself:

How wrong you are. It just so happened I was listening to a someone from the company who did the latest ratings, and they said the reason they were worried was not because there were not enough cuts, but because of unemployment. I was also listening to a banker who said that as the people who gave the ratings were a private company, why were they being allowed a say so in the running of the country, and that from a banker. You see, you have to dig a little deeper rather than taking everything that is handed to you and swallowing it with a smile.

But why take any notice of anything apart from your own extreme stance.

Bored now, as you are slightly to the right of Gengis Khan, I should think the whole world seems left to you, hardly a benchmark of which normal people would take the slightest notice.

As I said, you won't be happy until everyone is on the dole queue and our economy doesn't exist, its pathetic really.

PS, when I think of the state you got yourself in when you thought you might have to suffer a little bit because of the economies, but you have the gall to say everyone in the public sector should lose their jobs, even though that does not just mean them suffering, but all the other people who would have to suffer because of the public sector workers not being there it makes me sick. The people who would not get their carers etc etc. Your selfishness is so extreme it is beyond measure. And old saying that seems to fit you to a T, I'm all right Jack, pull up the dinghy!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Drinky on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:09 pm

You are right we do go around in circles.

Your depiction of me being all right jack could not be further from the truth as I alluded to something earlier in a response to a PM which you clearly have forgotten. Suffice to say I cannot give you personal details but we are not immune to this problem.



Let me be clear about where I stand. I dislike intensely getting the country into a state that we are borrowing a Billion pounds every two days to pay for our consumption now when my childrens children will have to pick up the tab.


We have been doing so for nearly 4 years!!!!!! You never acknowledge we have to borrow that money in the international market. This govt borrows lower tha n anyone else isn't that a good thing?


It is you lefties who are selfish!!! because you are more than happy to see future generations pay. I will leave a good inheritance for my children not debt. I have also taught them to save for things first not expevct everything now. (A lesson not learned by my youngest yet)
Really you have a cheek I am not suggesting soaking people even more to pay for your profligacy. What a shame Ed Balls didn't hook up with you instead of Yvette he would have found a fellow profligate in you dear lady.


My wife and I have significantly reduced our outgoings to ensure we are not overstretched if the worse happens, not spending like there is no tomorrow like Labour. Indeed when we were both earning decent salaries we never spent anything like our income except to pay bills like our sons university fees etc. Thnat is the mark of RWers not profligatre spongers with other peoples money like you left wingers.



Please don't lecture me about being selfish there is nothing more despicable than leaving future generations in virtual slavery to ensure you have it a bit easier.



Regarding your PS if you used the brains you had you would realise there is a limit were we grow the public sector beyond our ability to pay as Greece did. I have as I have told you ad nauseum worked for the public sector myself for much of my career which is why I have seen so much from within. The cost to the private sector is enormous and saps the energy a point which you seem unable to grasp. If taxes have reached an all time high for decades and we still are borrowing to pay the wages isn't that a clue? I'm not saying get rid of all jobs as you seem to suggest for effect no doubt just the armies of bean counters intrduced by Labour. We need also to delayer the management structures. Read Parkinsons law.



To keep it simple WE AFFORD IT!!!! That isn' me being nasty it is bloody obvious! Even the outgoing Labour finace minister left a note saying there is no money left.



As a final note though we pay alot of taxes we have private health insurance. I pay for all my sons fees at Uni etc etc I do not sponge of anyone. I do not even draw my pension yet. As I mentioned earlier if we had two bob to spend I would manage on two bob not borrow. I never have other than for houses and I never will. I think that people have forgotten the word thrift you certainly have and that is such a shame given that you are from an earlier generation who had alot less than we have today.



The Public serrvices are bloated only a really committed biggoted lefty would suggest otherwise. I don't think it I know it first hand.



L
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:29 pm

How dare you say I have forgotten thrift! How bloody dare you! I don't owe a penny to anyone and never have apart from a mortgage. I don't do credit cards and if I can't afford I don't have it, and I supported my grandaugter and daughter for a long time by myself. One thing you said was very telling 'I don't even draw my pension yet'. That tells me that if you can afford to not drawer your pension, you don't have an inkling of the deprivation some people are going through. On the other thread I was telling Eilzel about my friend. She is in her 40s, used to lead a team in the Emergency Call Centre for the police. Then she got breast cancer, which spread to her bones, liver and brain. She is having chemo just to give her a bit more time. Is she helped by the system. No she bloody well isn't, the system tells her that because she has been given over six months to live, probably a year if she is lucky, she needs to come and has an assessment for her benefit. Not, live your last few months in peace, but you have to come for an assessment. Her doctor went for her, he was so angry. My eldest grandson who is now 19 was made redundant two weeks ago after taking over a year to find a job. He applied for everything, didn't care what it was providing it was work. I found him sobbing his heart out because he could give me any money towards housekeeping again. We are not talking cut backs in expenditure here, we are talking about people losing their homes, people not being able to give their children decent food, and on top of that, being told they are scroungers. Yes, if you are a tenant in a house you will get housing benefit. But if you have a mortgage you are out of luck, and after a very short time the bills start mounting and there is nothing you can do about it. You have private health insurance, I happen to know how costly that is, my last company was the very best private health insurer who counted the royal household as their customers so you obviously don't have real financial worries. I had to give mine up, because I could not justify continuing it when there were more important bills to pay.

Instead of being grateful that you are in this position, because people just as thrifty, just a well educated, just as forward thinking, in just as good a job as your wife are now up sh.t creek without a paddle, you still talk about scrounging, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Yes, I want to leave my grandchildren a better world, and I know without a shadow of a doubt, that is the policies of this government continue we will have nothing to leave them, debt will be the very smallest of the the things they have to face and in the face of all the evidence that is mounting, only a blind man would think otherwise.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Drinky on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:03 am

You clearly have a large family that you are happy for the last government to leave the debts of today to. Well done.



Your last will and testament will read "I leave to my family the debts of a profligate govt who tried to keep things really nice for us and well,.... we couldn't really care less about you".

Indeed I spent every day telling everyone that on my debating website and suggested that those whose had a contrary view were greedy Tory bastards. "Given the choice I would have left even more debt".


The point I was making Sassy is we manage even though we could live it large. When I had nowt for what seemed a long time I couldn't get used to spending it when I got it was my point. Thrift is ingrained in most people whether it is your own money or someone elses.



You are not thrifty by Northern standards except perhaps with your own money. Really thrifty people think the same when other peoples money is concerned. I see absolutely no moral high ground in ensuring the next two generations are blighted by the debts of the first decade of the 2000s.





I wasn't trying to offend you I was trying to paraphrase what you are saying to me.
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Nems Again on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:23 am

You know sassy has a large family,
You know she has her grand children with her and you know why.

You just cant help yourself can you?

Nasty. Pure and simple nastiness.
avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:40 am

Don't worry Nems, what Drinky will never understand is I know that the National Debt is going up, and will continue to do so under these policies, we are just paying it at a lower interest rate at the moment, and we will never have a chance of paying it back because we will have nothing to pay it back with, our economy will be gone. I don't want my grandchildren saddled with debt and no work, and no healthcare and no hope, thats why I want these policies looked at again. Drinky can only see one thing, like most women I see a much larger picture.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Drinky on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:32 am

Nems Again wrote:You know sassy has a large family,
You know she has her grand children with her and you know why.

You just cant help yourself can you?

Nasty. Pure and simple nastiness.



Actually I didn't know that. MY point is even more forceful then Nems. I am sick of being called the nasty Tory when in actuality it is left wing economics that got us here in the first place. For the last time the deficit was £500 million per day 2 years before Cameron took power.



The cuts aren't there to hurt us they are there because we cannot afford the huge public sector leviathon. Your answer on the left is to spend more borrowed money mine is to reduce the public sector and let the private sector breath releived of the weight of ever greater taxes.



Finally in the 70s when we were here before under Labour the cuts were forced upon us by the IMF. Yes Labour fucked up in exactly the same way then and under pressure from their paymasters the union bosses delayed until we ran out of options. Sassy wishes that exct same scenario upon us and I do fiund that objectionable. My stance is lets take the pain now not leave it to our childrens children what the hell is wrong with that?.





Really it is a girlie gand thing on here. Make a point too forcefully and you coral the wagons and start crying bully. I reckon I'll leave you alone to nod at one another for a while that seems to be the plan. Get rid of anyone with a point of view that is right of centre and dare I say of the wrong gender?



Victor better watch out.
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Nems Again on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Drinky wrote:



Actually I didn't know that. MY point is even more forceful then Nems. I am sick of being called the nasty Tory when in actuality it is left wing economics that got us here in the first place. For the last time the deficit was £500 million per day 2 years before Cameron took power.



The cuts aren't there to hurt us they are there because we cannot afford the huge public sector leviathon. Your answer on the left is to spend more borrowed money mine is to reduce the public sector and let the private sector breath releived of the weight of ever greater taxes.



Finally in the 70s when we were here before under Labour the cuts were forced upon us by the IMF. Yes Labour fucked up in exactly the same way then and under pressure from their paymasters the union bosses delayed until we ran out of options. Sassy wishes that exct same scenario upon us and I do fiund that objectionable. My stance is lets take the pain now not leave it to our childrens children what the hell is wrong with that?.





Really it is a girlie gand thing on here. Make a point too forcefully and you coral the wagons and start crying bully. I reckon I'll leave you alone to nod at one another for a while that seems to be the plan. Get rid of anyone with a point of view that is right of centre and dare I say of the wrong gender?



Victor better watch out.

No sorry, not interested.
I used to relish your posts you spoke so much sense on so many things.
Now your words are lost in the spite and the nastiness you wrap them in.
You know it I know it and any one reading your posts knows it.
You never miss a chance and until you grasp the fact that what you type says far more about you than Sassy I cant see how you will ever learn anything.
avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Drinky on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Sorry for having a view which is contrary. I am not saying these things for effect or out of spite I truly think it is evil to leave debt as legacy.

I take it it is fine to portray me as th nasty Tory but when I point out using facts not conjecture the wrongness of something I get this crap.

It isnt on nems do you want a debate or do you want to have a girlie chat. The consensus when ES is mentioned elsewhere fir some time has been this is a knitting circle for the girlies.

I am afraid that is proving only too true. It is exasperating dealing with you if I go in hard in debate I and for that matter other rws like bloggs are censored or censured.

Frankly you need to have been in earler times when genteel ladies didnt have to bither themselves with all these slly politics. Those silly brutish men what.

In a word pathetic!
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Drinky on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Incidentally are you saying that labour didnt bust the country in the 70s and that the fact we went to the imf was Tory propaganda?

Are you saying it is propaganda that labour wouldnt cut because the trade unions wouldnt let them?

Are these facts not to be published on here because the offent the left wing ideology of the management.

If you dont want to debate cold hard facts then I have some knitting patterns that belonged to an old aunt of mine which I can let you have and call it quits.

avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:55 pm

At last a debate!! Unfortunately there is nothing left to say. The debate has been won hands down by Drinky. The militant tendancy has been truly rinsed by one sensible Conservative poster.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Nems Again on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Drinky. Get yer coat. You've pulled.
avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Abu Qatada to remain in UK for two years

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Hate cleric Abu Qatada could remain in Britain for up to another two years even if a new deal is struck with Jordan, it has emerged.


Hate figure: attempts to deport Abu Qatada to his native Jordan have been blocked Photo: Jonathan Evans / Rex Features

Theresa May, the Home Secretary, has revealed she is to travel personally to Jordan within days in the hope of securing the necessary assurances that will allow Qatada to be deported. But even with those guarantees Qatada may be able to launch a fresh legal challenge in the UK courts over any new deal and potentially go back to Europe. That raises the prospect of another protracted legal battle before he is put on a plane.

However, fresh guarantees may at least allow the Government to secure the extremist’s return to custody while the deportation process continues. The Government has faced intense pressure to simply ignore a ruling by the European Court of Human Rights that has said Qatada cannot be deported because he risks facing trial on evidence obtained by torture.

Even Europe’s human rights chief had admitted that the UK would not face any sanction if it defied the court and simply flew the hate preacher back. However, it is understood the Home Secretary would rather secure a lasting legal ruling that means Qatada is deported for good. The Government is also nervous about challenging the original Strasbourg ruling at the court’s Grand Chamber as that would review the entire case again and not just the concern over torture evidence.

Mrs May’s trip to Jordan follows a delegation last week led by security minister James Brokenshire. The Home Secretary said: “The Home Office Minister for Crime and Security James Brokenshire MP has led useful discussions with the Jordanian authorities and talks with officials will continue. The UK and Jordan remain committed to ensuring that Abu Qatada must face justice and are pursuing all options with regard to his deportation and it is my intention to travel back to continue those negotiations shortly.”

Mr Justice Mitting, sitting at the Special Immigration Appeals Commission, granted Qatada bail earlier this month because he had been in custody for six and a half years with little prospect of deportation. He was placed under very strict conditions, including a 22-hour curfew, but the judge warned he would review that within three months if no progress wit Jordan or Europe had been made. Even if Qatada is able to delay his deportation yet further through the courts, ministers may be able to use any new deal from Jordan to either have Qatada returned to custody or maintain the tight restrictions.

The cleric, once described by a judge as Osama bin Laden's ambassador in Europe, is also known as Omar Othman. He was convicted in his absence in Jordan of involvement in terror attacks in 1998 and has featured in hate sermons found on videos in the flat of one of the Sept 11 bombers.
Jordan want him returned to face a retrial.

Jordan's justice minister, Ayman Odeh, has already promised that Qatada would be given a new and fair trial with no evidence gained from torture. David Cameron has been under mounting pressure to defy the ruling, including from Baroness Neville-Jones, his own cyber security adviser.

Former Tory Home Office minister David Mellor has described the ruling as a “gnat-bite” that the Government is free to ignore while Conservative backbencher Peter Bone said Mrs May would be a “national hero” if she put Qatada on a plane. Even Qatada’s own mother has said her son should go home.

Thomas Hammarberg, the Council of Europe’s commissioner for human rights, said the worst sanction that would happen is “someone may file a complaint and there would be a judgment that there’s violation of human rights”. However, he warned the more significant fall out of such a move would be that it would “send a bad signal” that the UK was happy to ignore judgments. He said that risked a chain reaction, adding: “It would set a negative example that would be used by other countries in Europe which are less keen on human rights. It’s a serious rulling.”

Mr Hammarberg said Qatada could still be deported with the approval of Strasbourg if the UK can secure “watertight guarantees” from Jordan that he would not be tried with evidence obtained by torture. “There’s a possibility of having a solution that would respect human rights and make it possible for him to be sent to Jordan,” he said. “It needs to be more than a statement of agreement from Jordan.”

He suggested one solution would be to have an independent observer from the Council of Europe to monitor any trial. It emerged yesterday that the landlord of Qatada’s new home had no idea the extremist was living there. The family were moved to the £400,000 address, which cannot be identified for legal reasons, a few weeks ago and the landlord said he has only now discovered who the tenants are. He said he understood he was renting the property out to a woman and her four children, for £1,900 a month, and now wants the radical cleric out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/9088938/Abu-Qatada-to-remain-in-UK-for-two-years.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by victorismyhero on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Drinky wrote:Sorry for having a view which is contrary. I am not saying these things for effect or out of spite I truly think it is evil to leave debt as legacy.

I take it it is fine to portray me as th nasty Tory but when I point out using facts not conjecture the wrongness of something I get this crap.

It isnt on nems do you want a debate or do you want to have a girlie chat. The consensus when ES is mentioned elsewhere fir some time has been this is a knitting circle for the girlies.

I am afraid that is proving only too true. It is exasperating dealing with you if I go in hard in debate I and for that matter other rws like bloggs are censored or censured.

Frankly you need to have been in earler times when genteel ladies didnt have to bither themselves with all these slly politics. Those silly brutish men what.

In a word pathetic!

Of course drinky, this http://electricsky.forumotion.co.uk/t3269-disabled-people-face-unlimited-unpaid-work-or-cuts-in-benefit....... is I presume, also aceptable to you, using disabled and TERMINALLY ILL as an effective slave pool????? You see drinky the problem isnt so much that you and I disagree about cuts being necessary, but about how and where these cuts should fall.....the bankers and politicians CAUSED the porblem with their greed.....the hammer should fall there first. Secondly, I repeat my point, whats the use of saving that odious 10% of the GDP producers (the finance sector) when the 90% "others" , have all gone?? comapnies are going bust here there and everywhere, around you redundancies from private sector firms...as opposed to these firms producing (magically, out of a hat) jobs.....so much for camergoons ability.
and surely if the benefits bill is going to sky rocket (as it inevitably will) 1. where are these unpaid jobs going to come from for these "idle baby making layabouts"...and is this a way of creating a slave force???? and 2 if not....how are we going to pay for this immense benefit problem that camergoon is if not creating , certainly he is doubling.????????
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2401
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Drinky on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:06 pm

Nems Again wrote:Drinky. Get yer coat. You've pulled.
I have always thought being gay must be horrible however if all women were like some on here well maybe it might be preferable.

Apparently Fred not wanting to bankrupt the nation beyond repair is a sin to the looney left.

Knitting patterns on the way girls.

avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Nems Again on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Drinky wrote: I have always thought being gay must be horrible however if all women were like some on here well maybe it might be preferable.

Apparently Fred not wanting to bankrupt the nation beyond repair is a sin to the looney left.

Knitting patterns on the way girls.


Only if you've finished with them love, no rush
avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Drinky wrote: I have always thought being gay must be horrible however if all women were like some on here well maybe it might be preferable.

Apparently Fred not wanting to bankrupt the nation beyond repair is a sin to the looney left.

Knitting patterns on the way girls.


Tbf Drinky Fred was being blatantly bitchy- I think you know that too really Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Talks In Jordan On Abu Qatada Extradition

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:27 pm


Qatada was described by a judge as Osama bin Laden's right-hand man in Europe

The Home Secretary Theresa May has arrived in Jordan to try to strike a deal to deport the radical cleric Abu Qatada.

Qatada was released from jail last month and is living in northwest London under a 22-hour curfew. The Government has been given three months to show it is making significant progress to deport the radical cleric, who was once described by a judge as Osama bin Laden's right-hand man in Europe.

Ministers are seeking assurances that evidence gained through torture would not be used in any trial against him if he were sent back. Mrs May is expected to remain in Jordan until Wednesday, a Home Office spokeswoman said. The 51-year-old cleric could be freed from his bail terms in just three months if Mrs May fails to show significant progress is being made in the talks. Her visit comes after she said security minister James Brokenshire led "useful discussions with the Jordanian authorities" last month.


Theresa May wants the case to come to an end as soon as possible

Qatada was released from Long Lartin high-security jail in Evesham, Worcestershire, on February 13 after applying for bail when human rights judges in Europe ruled he could not be deported without assurances from Jordan that evidence gained through torture would not be used against him.

The Strasbourg-based European Court of Human Rights ruled that sending Qatada back without such assurances would be a "flagrant denial of justice".
Mr Justice Mitting, chairman of the Special Immigration Appeals Commission, then ruled that Qatada should be bailed after six-and-a-half years in custody and gave the Home Secretary three months to show significant progress had been made in the talks or risk Qatada being freed without conditions.

Qatada was let out under some of the toughest conditions imposed since the September 11 terror attacks.

He is free to leave his London home for just two one-hour periods each day, is banned from taking his youngest child to school, and cannot talk to anyone who has not been vetted by the security services. He is also banned from visiting mosques, leading prayers, giving lectures or preaching, other than to offer advice to his wife and children at his home.

Qatada, also known as Omar Othman, was convicted in his absence in Jordan of involvement with terror attacks in 1998 and has featured in hate sermons found on videos in the flat of one of the September 11 bombers.

Speaking in Jordan, Mrs May said: "We and the Jordanian government will continue to work together to progress this case. Jordan has made significant human rights advances, including changes to its constitution. Sadly the Court at Strasbourg failed to recognise this. Talks today have been positive but we have more work to do in getting the kind of assurances that will allow us to deport Qatada once and for all. This case has gone on for over a decade and I want to bring it to a satisfactory end soon."

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16182690

Any other country would have deported Qatada by now. Why does it only seem to be the UK who has to "do the right thing"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Post by Nems Again on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:54 pm

I wish I knew. We should stick him on a plane and bugger the consequences
avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum