Former special PC found guilty of raping 15-year-old and having sex with another teenager

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Former special PC found guilty of raping 15-year-old and having sex with another teenager

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:46 am

Andrew Barber found guilty of raping a teenager

IPSWICH: A former special constable with a fixation for young women’s underwear has been found guilty of raping a 15-year-old and having sex with another teenager.

Norwich Crown Court heard Andrew Barber even kept a bra and knickers belonging to the second girl as a trophy.

A jury convicted Barber, of Netley Close, Ipswich, of rape and two counts of sexual activity with a child, after a seven-day trial. The former amateur football referee had denied all the charges against him.

During the 26-year-old’s trial, the court heard that when police went to his home to arrest him, Barber produced a carrier bag from under his bed containing young womens’ underwear. He claimed they were a result of a bet with friends.

Barber raped his 15-year-old victim in Landseer Park, Ipswich, in October 2003, while they were on their first date.

Earlier in the day he had texted her asking what she was wearing, and requesting she bring some underwear for him to keep.

After raping her, he told the girl: “Next time, if I ask you to bring something and you don’t then that’s what happens. If you had just brought what I asked then none of this would have happened. That’s your fault.”

The remaining two offences involved a 14-year-old girl and happened in November 2010, five months after Barber was sworn in as a special constable.

The pair had consensual sex twice in Barber’s car at rural locations, even though he knew she was under age. During their relationship Barber helped himself to a pair of her knickers and a bra.

The jury heard Barber told the girl she should act as if she did not know him if they saw each other at the police station.

After his conviction, Barber was remanded in custody until his sentencing, which is still to be scheduled.

Following the verdict, Chief Inspector Kim Warner, of Suffolk Constabulary, said: “We welcome the result of this week’s trial. Special constables, like any
other member of the public, must face the consequences of their actions. Andrew Barber, who resigned from his position while being
investigated, betrayed the trust of his colleagues and the general 
public of Suffolk who rightly demand the highest of moral standards
from all members of the police service. Our sympathies remain with the victims at this difficult time.”

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/ipswich_former_special_pc_found_guilty_of_raping_15_year_old_and_having_sex_with_another_teenager_1_1190373

Lock him up, throw away key Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Re: Former special PC found guilty of raping 15-year-old and having sex with another teenager

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:06 pm

What a total Ba..tard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet he got a kick out of being a Special Constable too!

Back to top Go down

Re: Former special PC found guilty of raping 15-year-old and having sex with another teenager

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Nasty piece of work FTL. Hope he gets a nice long sentence in Her Majesty's hotel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Yes I totally agree. These are people that we, our children should be able to trust.

I hope the sentence will reflect this. I can't imagine him having a nice time inside Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top