Schools strive for pupils' happiness

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Schools strive for pupils' happiness

Post by Nems Again on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

A very good question Nems Very Happy

I'm torn on this one. I totally understand what Fred is saying and it frustrates the hell out of me. Why do people have kids if they can't take care of them? I don't mean giving them everything financially, I mean raising them to be decent members of the community, knowing right from wrong, setting a good example, providing a loving and safe environment in which to learn and grow up Evil or Very Mad

Why have children if you don't want all of those things for them? If you're not prepared to put their well being above your own and to give them what above all they need the most, love and your time confused

Totally agree FTL but the sad situation is people do, everyday day bring into the world children they are unwilling or unable to care for. Its not nice to think about but its true. That is the point I keep trying to make to Fred and to Drinky, we all know these problems exist, we all know there are scroungers and we all know there are people living in abject poverty who are not getting help they should. We all know there are serious issues facing the country but I cannot stomach people hurling their contempt in the direction of those suffering as a result of piss poor political decision making whilst at the same time forelock tugging to those rich and powerful enough to avoid being affected by these decisions. In this case its all very well to say schools should only teach academic matters and ignore those child who'd parents cannot provide the rest but that is just ignoring WHY the parents dont or wont provide the rest. Dont mean you in any of this BTW! Embarassed xx
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:19 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

A very good question Nems Very Happy

I'm torn on this one. I totally understand what Fred is saying and it frustrates the hell out of me. Why do people have kids if they can't take care of them? I don't mean giving them everything financially, I mean raising them to be decent members of the community, knowing right from wrong, setting a good example, providing a loving and safe environment in which to learn and grow up Evil or Very Mad

Why have children if you don't want all of those things for them? If you're not prepared to put their well being above your own and to give them what above all they need the most, love and your time confused

I think not having the intelligence to use a condom might be one of the problems!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Thanks Nems x

Sassy, yes you are probably right No

I do often think though that people have kids because it's what you do, what is expected without really thinking it through. It's a huge decision having a child, one of the biggest decisions anyone can make.

Maybe it's our primitive instinct to have children and carry on the human race? At the end of the day any child doesn't ask to be born and deserves the best chance we can give them Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:39 pm

Feelthelove wrote:Thanks Nems x

Sassy, yes you are probably right No

I do often think though that people have kids because it's what you do, what is expected without really thinking it through. It's a huge decision having a child, one of the biggest decisions anyone can make.

Maybe it's our primitive instinct to have children and carry on the human race? At the end of the day any child doesn't ask to be born and deserves the best chance we can give them Sad

No matter how feckless the parents, we have to give the children a chance not to turn out the same way, or we are leaving a ticking bomb in place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:50 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

No matter how feckless the parents, we have to give the children a chance not to turn out the same way, or we are leaving a ticking bomb in place.

Totally agree Sassy, it's the least any child deserves. The most important and probably the most difficult job in the world, being a parent. Such a huge responsibility affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Totally agree Sassy, it's the least any child deserves. The most important and probably the most difficult job in the world, being a parent. Such a huge responsibility affraid

It is, and sometimes it falls on shoulders that can't handle it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:28 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

It is, and sometimes it falls on shoulders that can't handle it.

Agreed Sassy but should it be up to the education system to take up the slack? It's just not realistic to expect teachers to take on the role of parent along with their teaching responsibilities. It's not fair on teaching staff or the other pupils No

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top