5 year old murdered by her father :(

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 5 year old murdered by her father :(

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

It is Molly, how anyone could do this to a child I will never know. Let alone his own children to get back at his partner.

It makes me so mad!!!!!

Well if he wanted her to suffer I'm sure he got what he wanted. I just hope he suffers 100 times as much every day for the rest of his weak, pathetic life!!!!

I shouldn't read these stories Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:52 pm

molly wrote:

Well if he wanted her to suffer I'm sure he got what he wanted. I just hope he suffers 100 times as much every day for the rest of his weak, pathetic life!!!!

I shouldn't read these stories Mad

I watched in on the news Molly, it was heartbreaking Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:47 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

Just think how much money we could save as a Country, if we hanged murderers, rapists and kiddie fiddlers! Twisted Evil

whilst i have severe reservations about the DP, from a political and social point of view, and i have less faith in the integrity of either the police/judiciary/politicians on one hand and somewhat less than absolute faith in either the ability or integrity of the forensic services, I agree under certain circumstances a DP could be introduced..HOWEVER...Mr D ...we, I think will dissagree somewhat, the accuracy for DNA is a LOT less than 1 in a billion...more like 1 in a million,so thats one potential problem, also the prevalence of cross contamination is far greater than the judicial powers would like you to think...i beleive there was a program about this a few years ago and the conclusions reached were horrific. Finally do YOU utterly trust the police...I dont...if they are under sufficient pressure to find a perp...they will just pick the likliest candidate and "prove " it was him....thats ONE problem you see, untill we have uncorruptible police and judiciary, and 100% efficient forensics....a judgement might...JUST be wrong....then what....an innocent man goes to the gallows. Now i know folks who say "tough" thats only one man ...the other 99 were hung correctly....." BUT....like it or not....and i dont care what "legal" wrangling the govt do...the state is then guilty of murder, and, by association so is EVERYONE...judge jury police officers forensic scientists etc, all guilty before during and after the fact...at least morally...and no amount of legal provision absolving those people from any "crime in law " can change that. Now, supposing that one innocent man was my SON....what would I do....well just lets say bin liner and his mates would be the lesser worry.....

Also...there is another problem...that of "proportionality"

so perp 1 rapes his victim...but doesnt kill her
perp 2 rapes and kills his victim

Now its an accepted fact that if you kill your victim...and are careful about things...you quite possibly can get away with it for a long time...possibly for ever

so if you are going to hang rapists full stop...then the result will be a lot more dead women, almost certainly...dissapeared...missing...but dead.....

the term "might as well be hung for sheep as lambs" comes to mind

the same argument can be applied to as Mr D so delicately puts it "kiddie fidlers"

one has to be careful how such a draconian measure is put to use.

IN some circumstances however, such as the vile guy who drowned his daughter...of course there is no doubt...DNA evidence isnt even needed
also in the case of the psycho who battered that girl, after not taking his meds...there is no dispute about him...and although he didn't kill...this time.....he is truely a "mad dog" with no hope of cure, should we "put him down"??
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:07 pm

Flippin heck Victor, I'd only just got rid of that niggle now I've even more confused confused confused confused

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Feelthelove wrote:Flippin heck Victor, I'd only just got rid of that niggle now I've even more confused confused confused confused

yep...its far from "black and white"

and..just to add to it...what if the victims family had some deep concientious objection to the DP? should they be allowed to enter a mercy plea to the court...which the court would be bound to follow....and thus commute the sentance to life in prison? Suspect
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:25 am

victorismyhero wrote:

what if the victims family had some deep concientious objection to the DP? should they be allowed to enter a mercy plea to the court...which the court would be bound to follow....and thus commute the sentance to life in prison? Suspect

I'm really not trying to be flippant, but I think I'd actually wait until the situation arose........................ Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:27 am

MrDoodles wrote:

I'm really not trying to be flippant, but I think I'd actually wait until the situation arose........................ Rolling Eyes

You could of course, use the reverse argument that it's the "Law of the Land" much like those who have their children killed, only to watch the perps have a holiday paid for by the State! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:09 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

You could of course, use the reverse argument that it's the "Law of the Land" much like those who have their children killed, only to watch the perps have a holiday paid for by the State! Twisted Evil

You do of course, have a point there Mr D, however i think that it would need to be adresssed BEFORE the possibility arose. along with many other potential problems...such as the fact that we have an unreliable and far from incorrutible law system, the fact that, despite all the advances in technology, all it takes for an innocent man to go to the gallows is for some lab tech to have a hangover etc..And i do strongly agree, however cruel it may seem , that it is better for 100 guilty men to stay alive than 1 innocent man die. it is a moral dilemma that will I suspect rumble for a long long time. And also as i said...if a member of my familiy was wrongly executed...well god help society.......
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:31 am

I have been lobbying for the return of the death penalty for years. Good to see that others are coming round to my way of thinking. Until there is a proper deterrent to this type of crime atrocities will continue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:57 am

I don't agree with the Death Penalty.... BUT I do want the punishment to 'fit' the crime. So............I'd 'vote' in favour of the Death Penalty and those sentenced to it, living with the knowledge that it could be carried out as a moments notice.

We are so soft on crime here that Prison is no longer regarded as a punishment...it's rehabilitation. Rolling Eyes

And don't get me started on the 'do-gooders' that fight for the 'civic rights' of these scum... Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

River Death Father Denies 'Goodbye' Call

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:52 am

How can this guy live with himself Sad How can he continue to make excuses for what he has done? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

River Death Father Denies 'Goodbye' Call

A man who drove into a river with his two children said it was "totally untrue" he told their mother on the phone shortly before she had seconds to say goodbye to them.

Christopher Grady, 42, told Birmingham Crown Court he recalled speaking to his former partner Kim Smith but could not remember exactly what he said.

Nor did he recall writing a letter to Ms Smith which said: "You led me to this."

Grady also denied telling a doctor in the hospital he planned to kill himself and his two children.

His five-year-old daughter Gabrielle and six-year-old son Ryan were pulled out of the River Avon at Evesham by the emergency services.

Gabrielle died later in hospital.

Grady, a self-employed welder and blacksmith, had just had a heated argument with Ms Smith. Their relationship was described as "volatile".

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/River-Death-Trial-Christopher-Grady-Gives-Evidence-in-His-Trial-Over-Death-Of-His-Daughter/Article/201103215950389?lpos=UK_News_First_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15950389_River_Death_Trial%3A_Christopher_Grady_Gives_Evidence_in_His_Trial_Over_Death_Of_His_Daughter

Last edited by Feelthelove on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

'River Death' Dad Found Guilty Of Murder

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:10 am

A man who drove his children into the River Avon in Evesham, Worcestershire has been found guilty of murdering his five-year-old daughter and attempting to murder his six-year-old son.
Christopher Grady plunged his car into the water with daughter Gabrielle and son Ryan inside on February 11 last year

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/River-Death-Dad-Guilty/Article/201103315954983?lpos=UK_News_First_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15954983_River_Death_Dad_Guilty

Breaking news on Sky. I hope this guy gets the maximum punishment possible Evil or Very Mad

How anyone could live with themselves after doing this to a child I will NEVER understand No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:57 pm

River Death Plunge Father Jailed For Life

A father who murdered his five-year-old daughter and tried to kill his six-year-old son by driving them into a freezing river has been jailed for life. Christopher Grady deliberately drove into the River Avon at Evesham in Worcestershire on February 11 last year.

Gabrielle Grady suffered a serious brain injury and died three days later. Her brother Ryan was rescued from the river and treated for hypothermia.

Sentencing Grady to life imprisonment, Mr Justice Lindblom told him he would serve a minimum term of 15 years. The 43-year-old was given a 10-year sentence for the attempted murder of Ryan, to run concurrently.

The judge said he accepted Grady was depressed at the time - that he had been evicted from his flat and that he was in dispute with the children’s mother, Kim Smith, regarding access. But he added: "In all of this, Ryan and Gabby were innocent. They were your children. They loved you. They looked to you for protection and support."

Before sentence was passed, defence QC Timothy Raggatt said Grady had been suffering from a depressive illness at the time of the murder.

"We are dealing with a man whose state of mind, in the widest sense of the word, is disturbed," he said.

Shortly before the incident, Grady phoned Ms Smith to warn her she had 10 seconds to say goodbye to her children.

After the hearing Ms Smith said: "I can't say I am wholly pleased with the minimum tariff Mr Grady has received. "No sentence passed down today will change the fact that Gabby has gone and Ryan, along with the rest of us, will always suffer from this terrible loss."

Superintendent Steve Cullen of West Mercia Police, said: "The sentence reflects the horrific act that Grady committed that day and the seriousness and gravitas of what he did."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/River-Avon-Plunge-Death-Christopher-Grady-Jailed-For-Life-For-Murdering-Daughter-In-Worcestershire/Article/201103415957966?lpos=UK_News_First_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15957966_River_Avon_Plunge_Death%3A_Christopher_Grady_Jailed_For_Life_For_Murdering_Daughter_In_Worcestershire

What an evil man Evil or Very Mad

This is such a sad story. I'm glad he got life but nothing is going to bring back this beautiful little girl. Everyone who loved her will have to live with this forever, not a minimum of 15 years Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Pleased to see other posters agreeing with what I have been saying for years. There should be NO EXCUSES hang the sick b*stards. Only deterrent that works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:06 pm

fred bloggs wrote:Pleased to see other posters agreeing with what I have been saying for years. There should be NO EXCUSES hang the sick b*stards. Only deterrent that works.

Hi Fred,

I struggle at times with the death penalty but in this case there is no doubt. Personally, I'd lock him in a car and drive him into a river Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Great, so we now have to keep him for 15 years at £30,000 a year! Rolling Eyes

6 feet of rope, is SOOO much cheaper! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:50 pm

MrDoodles wrote:Great, so we now have to keep him for 15 years at £30,000 a year! Rolling Eyes

6 feet of rope, is SOOO much cheaper! Twisted Evil

And can be recycled Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top