Surplus to requirements

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Surplus to requirements

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:39 am

It has been noted that there is only a maximum of Six ordinary members who post on here on a semi regular basis. In that case it would seem inappropriate and extreme to have Six Moderators to moderate those posters. It could be argued that this extreme form of moderation ( one to one moderation) is not attracting new members and discouraging existing members from posting regularly. Apart from Seren, the forum only needs another one or perhaps, to cover holidays, two moderators. The rest are surplus to requirements. Please discuss.:-

Back to top Go down

Re: Surplus to requirements

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:48 am

As Seren is not going to be here very much from now onwards, doing something in her life that is going to take all her time, and having a forum that in moderated, therefore needs moderators on for most of the time, we are very happy with the set up thank you and are quite happy the way things are going.

Thank you for your interest Fred.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:41 am

Im sorry seren isnt going to be around as she is the only rw balance you have. You will get bad necks if you are all nodding dogs.

Just as well Fred and I are here to provide a bit of dissension from the hard left line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Tbf across the 3 forums I'd say only OS offers real political balance. I would agree most here are Left leaning, on inaflap most lean to the Right (not that I post much there tbh). But really that gives each its own feel imo. I will admit in light of Freds post I have not been around often the last few weeks; have been busy with otherr things, must be the time of year... But don't worry I'm back now, so watch your step Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:23 pm

H20 wrote:Im sorry seren isnt going to be around as she is the only rw balance you have. You will get bad necks if you are all nodding dogs.

Just as well Fred and I are here to provide a bit of dissension from the hard left line.

I really cannot understand why you think Fred backs RW policies when he votes for a party that has the MOST LW POLICIES of any party in this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:32 pm

eilzel wrote:... But don't worry I'm back now, so watch your step Razz

Ooh get you, we are all trembling, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Seriously Eilzel, your too decent a chap to get caught up in nastiness and foul language of the Loony left here. We decent posters just ask you to be fair and balanced in your moderation, something which has been sadly missing in your absence. If not you could always post like your lord and master's post -

Quote :-

" by victorismyhero on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:25 pm

If you want me to be particularly professional, clinical, humourless and cold...I CAN be....but you wont like it...beleive me....nobody like the dark side of me.....not even me." unquote.... Now that's Scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrry !!!! affraid affraid affraid affraid Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:38 pm

fred bloggs wrote:

Ooh get you, we are all trembling, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Seriously Eilzel, your too decent a chap to get caught up in nastiness and foul language of the Loony left here. We decent posters just ask you to be fair and balanced in your moderation, something which has been sadly missing in your absence. If not you could always post like your lord and master's post -

Quote :-

" by victorismyhero on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:25 pm

If you want me to be particularly professional, clinical, humourless and cold...I CAN be....but you wont like it...beleive me....nobody like the dark side of me.....not even me." unquote.... Now that's Scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrry !!!! affraid affraid affraid affraid Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I have no doubt Victor could be if he chose to Wink Twisted Evil

But I think he does a great job right now, is perfect to step up as Admin, and has all our support Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:41 pm

eilzel wrote:

But I think he does a great job right now, is perfect to step up as Admin, and has all our support Smile

Certainly does, and he also knows who the sh.t stirrers are and recognises underhand when he sees it. Its strange that we have such a nice time here until someone comes on to see if they can cause trouble, then likes to pretend it all in humour. How sad is that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:44 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Certainly does, and he also knows who the sh.t stirrers are and recognises underhand when he sees it. Its strange that we have such a nice time here until someone comes on to see if they can cause trouble, then likes to pretend it all in humour. How sad is that.

Extremely. It would be nice to debate with out spite, but some obsess with trying to get under the skin of others. Kind of answers the idea of whether anyone really is 'suplus' to requirements Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:47 pm

eilzel wrote:

Extremely. It would be nice to debate with out spite, but some obsess with trying to get under the skin of others. Kind of answers the idea of whether anyone really is 'suplus' to requirements Twisted Evil

Very true!

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:50 pm

Dont feed the troll.......as I was once told as a "newbie" to forums
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:54 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Dont feed the troll.......as I was once told as a "newbie" to forums

How right are you. We have been having a lovely time, Fred has come on and stirred and we are all feeding him. OK Victor, have to agree, don't feed the flippin troll!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 pm

fred bloggs wrote:It has been noted that there is only a maximum of Six ordinary members who post on here on a semi regular basis. In that case it would seem inappropriate and extreme to have Six Moderators to moderate those posters. It could be argued that this extreme form of moderation ( one to one moderation) is not attracting new members and discouraging existing members from posting regularly. Apart from Seren, the forum only needs another one or perhaps, to cover holidays, two moderators. The rest are surplus to requirements. Please discuss.:-

As a member not a mod I think this site is perfect and its exactly how Seren wanted it to be. Its heavily moderated because it seems some children like to play on adult forums and have to be chastised.

Hope that helped Fred.
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:03 pm

eilzel wrote:Tbf across the 3 forums I'd say only OS offers real political balance. I would agree most here are Left leaning, on inaflap most lean to the Right (not that I post much there tbh). But really that gives each its own feel imo. I will admit in light of Freds post I have not been around often the last few weeks; have been busy with otherr things, must be the time of year... But don't worry I'm back now, so watch your step Razz

Its because the masks are still on in OS. wait till they all come off it will be that same as ado!
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:09 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Its because the masks are still on in OS. wait till they all come off it will be that same as ado!

Well, they have been landed with GIG (Wolverine) doing his very best to appear human at the moment, and Dibs (Innocence). Because they have been banned on here and Inaflap they are having to behave themselves, but it won't last. Sick and twisted has to out in the end!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:04 pm

eilzel wrote:

Ha Ha, The communists have been goading since Christmas trying to rid this forum of anyone to the right of Stalin. I still believe it could get back to a proper debating forum for all shades of political opinion, but it needs to have a radical cleanout of some bigoted and insulting moderators who at the moment are hiding behind their status to insult and abuse normal decent posters. That's why I have been loyal and stuck with this forum. It's not the forum that's wrong it's a couple of rotten apples who are spoiling it and causing decent posters to stay away. - I am not alone in my opinion on this fact.--- I believe it is better to change things for the good by pressure from within than to snipe from elsewhere. If the communists dont like it -- Tough!.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:15 pm

eilzel wrote:

You misunderstand what I said Eilzel, I did not mean that in any way Vic himself was scary. I meant that it is scary to think that anybody would make such a ridiculous and unbalanced statement. In fact it is very worrying!. Thank you anyway for your input. - Fred

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Guess what Fred, we know exactly what you are trying to do, its not going to change, we all have a great time with differing opinions, so in your words - tough.

As for not sniping from elsewhere, don't damn well lie, I've read it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:32 pm

fred bloggs wrote:It has been noted that there is only a maximum of Six ordinary members who post on here on a semi regular basis. In that case it would seem inappropriate and extreme to have Six Moderators to moderate those posters. It could be argued that this extreme form of moderation ( one to one moderation) is not attracting new members and discouraging existing members from posting regularly. Apart from Seren, the forum only needs another one or perhaps, to cover holidays, two moderators. The rest are surplus to requirements. Please discuss.:-

Hi Fred Very Happy

I'm not sure why you feel that the number of moderators would discourage new members from joining the forum or posting regularly. Reducing the number of moderators wouldn't change the amount of moderation required, just the amount of moderation to be carried out by each moderator wouldn't it? scratch

To be honest I have to say that very little moderation is required here. Posters tend to put their opinions across in an adult way without the necessity for personal abuse. That's basically it. You can have whatever opinion you like, defend it until the cows come home as long as you follow that basic rule.

Am I missing something here? Or are you just trying to get me fired? Having a reasonable number of moderators means that when I can't be here I don't have to feel guilty lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:54 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Hi Fred Very Happy

Am I missing something here? Or are you just trying to get me fired? Having a reasonable number of moderators means that when I can't be here I don't have to feel guilty lol!

God no FTL, that's the last thing on my mind, you're one of the good mods. Hope you never decide to leave.----- Regards Fred ---

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:17 pm

fred bloggs wrote:

God no FTL, that's the last thing on my mind, you're one of the good mods. Hope you never decide to leave.----- Regards Fred ---

Thanks Fred, that's good to know. I have no intention of leaving, I'm very settled and happy cheers

I think we have a great team of moderators here, it means that the responsibility is spread equally and we all do our bit. I probably do less than most to be frank, I work full time (another thing for my guilt list!). If there were only one or two of us I'd feel that I needed to give more time than I am able to give. I think most of us would feel the same.

I know that you feel that we "the moderators" are predominantly LW but think of all that potential to show us the error of our ways lol!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top