View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do these medals mean?

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:53 am

IMP.GEORGEIVS GBROMN REX ET INDIAE IMP GEORG VS VI

The other one GEORGIVS VI D B R M N :REX F D:IND:IMP

Back to top Go down

Re: What do these medals mean?

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:59 am

One of the medals has 'The defence medal ' inscribed.

The other one has a lion, with it's paw, and trampling on something

There are no ribbons.

That says 1939 1945

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:16 am

He also got some medal, due to the freedom of Holland. and a certificate that was only recently awarded.
I gave that to my little brother a couple of years ago. Holland said thank you to my grandfather, it is only one of a few certificates ever issued.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:21 am

I think that he was fixing WW2 aircraft. So that they could get up into the air again.
His father died in WW1

My grandfather, then my father had nothing to say against me at all! There was no condemnation at all, even later when i became errand!....My grandfather had no problem with me at all! I got on with his Catholic wife as well!, we are all lapsed catholics. I must go down and see Kay, she is the salt of the earth, choking incense. she showed me where she used to sit on the pews etc.

When my father and grandfather knew about it! My father used to say, when we used to meet up at the Guild hall in London

All mixed up i would agree! But i would agree that i'm mixed up, but my honesty tends to get me into problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinky on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:16 am

Look here.

http://www.medal-medaille.com/index.php?cPath=248
Drinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:38 am

Philagain wrote:I think that he was fixing WW2 aircraft. So that they could get up into the air again.
His father died in WW1

My grandfather, then my father had nothing to say against me at all! There was no condemnation at all, even later when i became errand!....My grandfather had no problem with me at all! I got on with his Catholic wife as well!, we are all lapsed catholics. I must go down and see Kay, she is the salt of the earth, choking incense. she showed me where she used to sit on the pews etc.

When my father and grandfather knew about it! My father used to say, when we used to meet up at the Guild hall in London

All mixed up i would agree! But i would agree that i'm mixed up, but my honesty tends to get me into problems

WTF you on about, This is the most idiotic post I've ever read, even from you. It's not even English!!! Stop taking the piss!! Do you take all the posters on here for morons posting rubbish like this. It's about time you went to an adult learning class and learned communication skills cos yours is crap. Try talking English the next time. !!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:19 am

Have you ever tried having a little kindness Fred. Its perfectly obvious that Phil had been up all night and was looking at the medals he has been handed down, and reminiscing. We don't have to make sense in chat, we all waffle away to our hearts content.

As my Nan used to say, if you can't say anything nice, say nothing. You say how happy you are but can't find it in your heart to be nice to someone who isn't. I don't think you are happy at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 am

sassy1261 wrote:Have you ever tried having a little kindness Fred. Its perfectly obvious that Phil had been up all night and was looking at the medals he has been handed down, and reminiscing. We don't have to make sense in chat, we all waffle away to our hearts content.

As my Nan used to say, if you can't say anything nice, say nothing. You say how happy you are but can't find it in your heart to be nice to someone who isn't. I don't think you are happy at all.

Yes. I have been looking at the medals and i'm going to make sure that they go up there, there are other things that i have been given, medals etc need to be handed down to the next generation, i don't feel that i have a right to keep hold of them tbf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:10 am

Bloggs has already started to cut & paste over to ADO

(Moderated by Sas)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:27 am

H20 wrote:Look here.

I have no interest in selling them. But i think that whilst they are personal heirloom to me, there is a new generation being born, and i think that now it's time to give those up, since i now know that they will be kept safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:31 am

Philagain wrote:

I have no interest in selling them. But i think that whilst they are personal heirloom to me, there is a new generation being born, and i think that now it's time to give those up, since i now know that they will be kept safe.

I don't think Drinky was saying sell them Phil, just that you would get more information about them there. Now I really have got to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:43 am

Philagain wrote:Bloggshet has already started to cut & paste over to ADO

Another example of moderators allowing abuse by a left winger against a centre right. If this had been posted by a normal R/W person they would have been immediately banned as is a certain moderator's custom. Moderation is only one way it seems. confused confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:50 am

sassy1261 wrote:

I don't think Drinky was saying sell them Phil, just that you would get more information about them there. Now I really have got to go.

They are now wrapped. They are too precious, they are medals awarded to my grandfather after WW2.
I can trust my brother with them now, since i now know that the the next generation is about to be born, so they will be handed down, when i was given them, there was no further generation in sight, i was trusted with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:19 am

I don't have the keys to the major finances. I part own a house that i'm not able to visit, i'm giving up some of the personal stuff by choice, I have my place on the deeds.
Jeez, who wants to go home for Xmas! But it will be me and Steve and Doug, he knows stuff as he's in the banking sector, and i trust him 100% There is only a couple of years between us.
He keeps on telling me that things will be Ok in the end. I 100% believe him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:31 am

I offered to cancel the tickets up there for Xmas. My brother got very upset with me, he said that he wanted Doug and i to come up in October, but you were not up for it. He says that he wants us up for Xmas, that is why we are travelling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nems Again on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:46 am

Philagain wrote:Bloggs has already started to cut & paste over to ADO (Moderated by Sas)

Thought ADO was no more?
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by Nems Again on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:48 am

fred bloggs wrote:

WTF you on about, This is the most idiotic post I've ever read, even from you. It's not even English!!! Stop taking the piss!! Do you take all the posters on here for morons posting rubbish like this. It's about time you went to an adult learning class and learned communication skills cos yours is crap. Try talking English the next time. !!!!

Have to say; anyone that can post "cos yours is crap" should really think twice before criticising the English ability of others.
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:15 pm

Nems Again wrote:

Thought ADO was no more?

hiya nems, nice to see you back again xx

ADO will be switched off permanently soon but not sure when.

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by Nems Again on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:33 pm

gelico wrote:

hiya nems, nice to see you back again xx

ADO will be switched off permanently soon but not sure when.

Oh right Cheers Geli
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Nems Again wrote:

Have to say; anyone that can post "cos yours is crap" should really think twice before criticising the English ability of others.

Rolling Rolling Rolling

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinky on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:46 pm

sassy1261 wrote:Have you ever tried having a little kindness Fred. Its perfectly obvious that Phil had been up all night and was looking at the medals he has been handed down, and reminiscing. We don't have to make sense in chat, we all waffle away to our hearts content.

I had replied with something I thought might help as Sassy has kindly pointed out.
Drinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Nems Again wrote:

Thank you for your input - The phrase "cos yours is crap" was put in for the benefit of the uneducated post to which I was replying, that the author might just understand.

., It will be noticed that, according to his post, proper English appeared to be beyond his capability . As you obviously read the uneducated post and fully understood it, would you be so kind as to translate it into English for the rest of us who thought it was unintelligible rubbish and an insult to proper forum users. -- We eagerly await your translation. Regards Fred.

Last edited by fred bloggs on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Philagain wrote:Bloggs has already started to cut & paste over to ADO (Moderated by Sas)

Why are the moderators allowing this abuse Seren?.

Because I was the only one on for a very short space of time and missed it, thats why.
Sas

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:43 pm

H20 wrote:Look here.

Thanks Drinky.
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:43 pm

fred bloggs wrote:

Why are the moderators allowing this abuse Seren?.

Hiya Fred.

Read back please and you may find your answer.

Hope that helped Wink
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top