Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post new topic   Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:47 pm

A baby born to a Muslim couple having an affair had to be adopted to save it from being murdered by its mother’s family in a so-called honour killing, senior judges have ruled.

The unmarried woman was said to have told the married father of her child that it had died to keep him away, and wore loose clothes and visited a hospital far from her home so relatives would not learn she was pregnant.

The father got hold of the baby girl’s birth certificate and tried to get legal rights to visiting her, even though he had by then had a newborn with his own wife. But a judge ruled that the love child should stay with its adoptive parents, and not meet its father, because of the danger that its mother’s family would kill it, and her, because of the shame of their secret relationship.

Confirming that decision, three Appeal Court judges said on Wednesday: “In the particular circumstances of this case, the judge rightly regarded the risk of physical harm to [the baby] and [its mother] as being of major importance. Here the evidence was, in our judgment, compelling. [The baby] was conceived in a relationship which was unacceptable to [the mother's] traditional Muslim family and conducted in secrecy. When she realised she might be pregnant she ran away from home for fear of the reaction of her family and, in particular, her father. Shortly after her pregnancy was confirmed, [the mother] took steps to have her baby adopted at birth. Although she returned to her home, she concealed her advancing pregnancy by wearing loose clothes and travelling to the other side of her town for her antenatal care. As soon as [the baby] was born, she was relinquished for adoption because [the mother] genuinely feared for [the baby's] safety should [the grandfather] become aware of or be forced to acknowledge her existence. [The mother's] evidence, supported as it was by her actions and the evidence of [the father] and an experienced police officer, drove the judge to conclude that refusal of the order would carry with it a significant risk of physical harm. In our judgment this conclusion cannot be criticised.”

The judgement, in which all of the parties are kept anonymous for their safety, tells how the baby’s parents are both Muslims from foreign countries “but their cultures differ”.

The father was already married but his wife was not in the country when he “pursued” the unmarried woman, and their affair was kept secret because they would have faced “repercussions, certainly from her community” if it became public.

She became pregnant late in 2009 and ran away from home, “terrified of the reaction of her family, and particularly her father”. The woman later told social services she wanted to have the baby adopted because she was “scared” that her father “would hurt her and the family would reject her”.

After the birth, her mother was quickly discharged from hospital and a year ago her daughter was placed with another Muslim couple. Meanwhile the baby’s father claimed that he had been told the baby had died, although the mother denied this, and only after contacting police and hospitals did he find her birth certificate.

When the father asked for information about the baby and a residence order, social services wanted him to be kept in the dark about the adoption proceedings while a family judge feared he would tell the mother’s family about the birth.

“Enquiries of the police showed that [the baby’s grandmother] had told them that if [its grandfather] found out about the child, he would consider himself honour bound to kill the child, [its mother], [the grandmother] herself and her other children.”

The father was eventually told that the baby was “alive and well and had been placed for adoption” but an order was made banning him from contacting the infant or her family.

In July a High Court Family Division judge, Mrs Justice Parker, ruled that the baby would be at “very significant risk” if it were placed with its natural father and his wife, while it might “provoke action to preserve the family’s honour” if the mother’s relatives found out about the child.

At the same time, the “prolonged agony of parting” from her new parents would cause the baby “immense distress”.

The judge concluded that the baby had had a “very unfortunate start in life” and that consideration of its lifelong welfare required its adoption.

The child’s father appealed the judgement but three appeal court judges, Lord Justice Munby, Lady Justice Black and Lord Justice Kitchin, agreed that the right decision had been made in a “most difficult” case.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8970859/Muslim-baby-adopted-because-of-fear-of-honour-killing.html

I can't imagine what this young mother went through emotionally Sad

I have to say that for once I agree with the Judge's decision and for once at least, the best interests of the child were considered paramount cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by SEXY MAMA on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:09 pm

Ok FTL i disagree with you regarding the mother.

The mother shouldnt have had a bloody affair with a married man should she?

Her religion allows her to marry the father so why didnt she?

Why did she hide the pregnancy?

She is NOT innocent in this AT ALL

Why cant the father see his child?


avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:43 pm

Bloody hell is this really Britain in 2011? The baby is at risk from the mothers family? I dont have the words to describe how much this disgusts me. These vile people have no concept of honour.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:47 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:Ok FTL i disagree with you regarding the mother.

The mother shouldnt have had a bloody affair with a married man should she?

Her religion allows her to marry the father so why didnt she?

Why did she hide the pregnancy?

She is NOT innocent in this AT ALL

Why cant the father see his child?



She should not have had an affair SM, but we are all human and being frightened for her life and the life of her child because of it is simply not acceptable.

She could not marry the father, he is already married.

She hid the pregnancy because she thought her father would kill her, literally!!! Total unacceptable.

I actually think whether she was innocent is this or not irrelevent, the fact that she was in fear of being killed by her family is the only important thing in this.

The father cannot see the child and bring her up, because she is already happy and cared for, and if he has her, the chances are the father of the mother in this case will find out what has gone on, kill both the mother and the child. The child's safety is the judges only concern, and for once the judge has used his common sense.

This sort of attitude on the part of some immigrant families is what gives a bad name to the rest, and has got to be tackled. In this case it was a muslim family, but is also in Sikh and Hindi, it has got to stop, all the while it is happening we will never be able to integrate properly.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:52 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but not too many years ago in a predominately Christian society, having a baby without being married was considered shameful. Now, whilst I accept that the worst thing that might possibly have happened to the Mum to-be was that she had to go live with an Aunt or someone until after the baby was born, the baby was probably put up for adoption.

Those girls may have brought shame on their families but their lives were never at risk from their own family. The very thought that 'honour' overrides love is astonishing.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by SEXY MAMA on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:59 am

sassy1261 wrote:

She should not have had an affair SM, but we are all human and being frightened for her life and the life of her child because of it is simply not acceptable.

How do you KNOW this Sass? apparantely the DANGER is from the HER FATHER not the baby's father

She could not marry the father, he is already married.

She can under Islmaic law as I said above

She hid the pregnancy because she thought her father would kill her, literally!!! Total unacceptable.

YES HER father NOT the babys father

I actually think whether she was innocent is this or not irrelevent, the fact that she was in fear of being killed by her family is the only important thing in this.

It is very relevent as she deceived a father of his child

The father cannot see the child and bring her up, because she is already happy and cared for, and if he has her, the chances are the father of the mother in this case will find out what has gone on, kill both the mother and the child. The child's safety is the judges only concern, and for once the judge has used his common sense.

If he married her he can bring the baby up

This sort of attitude on the part of some immigrant families is what gives a bad name to the rest, and has got to be tackled. In this case it was a muslim family, but is also in Sikh and Hindi, it has got to stop, all the while it is happening we will never be able to integrate properly.

I understand what you are saying but the responsibilty falls on the woman and if she didnt want to marry this guy she should have used precaution once a baby is involved you have to look at the bigger picture which shows the father of the baby was deceived and let down. He tried to track his baby out and now its being adopted because of the MATERNAL grandfather.

Had they married the story would be completely different.


avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:05 pm

She should have done things differently?
What about the childs father he should have been faithful to his wife and under the laws in this country where they live he cannot marry 2 women surely?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by SEXY MAMA on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Nems Again wrote:She should have done things differently?
What about the childs father he should have been faithful to his wife and under the laws in this country where they live he cannot marry 2 women surely?

Ofcourse he is MORE at fault.

In islam if you commit adultery which he did he has to marry her and give her the same rights as his first wife.

AS I said under Islamic law he can. He would pay for her and the child they become his responsibility then.

He cannot have a civil ceremony and under British law she cant be his wife but Islamically she can.
avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:11 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Ofcourse he is MORE at fault.

In islam if you commit adultery which he did he has to marry her and give her the same rights as his first wife.

AS I said under Islamic law he can. He would pay for her and the child they become his responsibility then.

He cannot have a civil ceremony and under British law she cant be his wife but Islamically she can.

Ah I get you.
Be better all round if he had kept it in his pants really.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by SEXY MAMA on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Nems Again wrote:

Ah I get you.
Be better all round if he had kept it in his pants really.


Sick swine on cheating his wife imo

Hence why i have such a major problem with Adultery!

The children ALWAYS suffer.
avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:


Sick swine on cheating his wife imo

Hence why i have such a major problem with Adultery!

The children ALWAYS suffer.

That is very true.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by victorismyhero on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Nems Again wrote:

That is very true.

Thatsb very true....BUT...ONLY BECAUSE THE ADULTS...and i mean ALL THE ADULTS involved are bloody stupid. And as for this honour crap...anyone even thinking about it should be shot on the spot. pathetic primitive cretins
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2597
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:20 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

Thatsb very true....BUT...ONLY BECAUSE THE ADULTS...and i mean ALL THE ADULTS involved are bloody stupid. And as for this honour crap...anyone even thinking about it should be shot on the spot. pathetic primitive cretins

You will get no argument from me

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:17 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Ok FTL i disagree with you regarding the mother.

The mother shouldnt have had a bloody affair with a married man should she?

Her religion allows her to marry the father so why didnt she?

Why did she hide the pregnancy?

She is NOT innocent in this AT ALL

Why cant the father see his child?

Oh Sexy, you know that I think the world of you but really, people make mistakes. This was a mistake not a crime and the mother should not have been so afraid for her life, the life of her child to have to hide her pregnancy and give her baby up for adoption Sad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:23 pm

FTL honey i know people make mistakes.

But isnt it cruel to deny a father his rights?
Afterall the mother is scared of her father not the babys father.

Its ok to disagree its good for debate and i never take offence xxxxx
avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:24 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:FTL honey i know people make mistakes.

But isnt it cruel to deny a father his rights?
Afterall the mother is scared of her father not the babys father.

Its ok to disagree its good for debate and i never take offence xxxxx

I think the father of the baby is known to the mother's family SM, therefore if a baby appeared out of the blue, questions would be asked, and it might place the baby in danger.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:25 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:FTL honey i know people make mistakes.

But isnt it cruel to deny a father his rights?
Afterall the mother is scared of her father not the babys father.

Its ok to disagree its good for debate and i never take offence xxxxx

I know you don't Sexy, thank you I love you x

I understand what you are saying about the father's rights but the Judge's decision was based on protecting life and that meant the father's rights could not considered foremost. Quite rightly, the future of the child, the one true innocent in this mess should come first.

"When the father asked for information about the baby and a residence order, social services wanted him to be kept in the dark about the adoption proceedings while a family judge feared he would tell the mother’s family about the birth.

“Enquiries of the police showed that [the baby’s grandmother] had told them that if [its grandfather] found out about the child, he would consider himself honour bound to kill the child, [its mother], [the grandmother] herself and her other children.”

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

I know you don't Sexy, thank you I love you x

I understand what you are saying about the father's rights but the Judge's decision was based on protecting life and that meant the father's rights could not considered foremost. Quite rightly, the future of the child, the one true innocent in this mess should come first.

"When the father asked for information about the baby and a residence order, social services wanted him to be kept in the dark about the adoption proceedings while a family judge feared he would tell the mother’s family about the birth.

“Enquiries of the police showed that [the baby’s grandmother] had told them that if [its grandfather] found out about the child, he would consider himself honour bound to kill the child, [its mother], [the grandmother] herself and her other children.”

Honour bound?! Revolting man. I have to ask also, where is the ringing condemnation from the Muslim Council of Britain and the British Muslim Community?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:56 pm

I will see if there is any news.
avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:59 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:I will see if there is any news.

Cheers Sexy x Just popping out but will be back soon xx

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Didnt find anything from MCB but found this regarding honour killings in general

.Canadian imams to speak out against “honor killing” in Muslim families
DEC 7, 2011 09:24 GMT

inShare

CANADA MUSLIM ISLAM HONOR KILLING LAW VIOLENCE MURDER IMAM PREACH

(A mosque dome (Sheikh Lotf Allah Mosquein Isfahan), 24 August 2006/Linda Cetacea)

Canadian imams plan to condemn the “misguided notion” of so-called honor killings in their Friday sermons this week, responding to the high-profile trial of a father accused of murdering his three teenage daughters, allegedly because they shamed his Afghan family.

The two dozen imams, backed by 60 Canadian Muslim groups, will plead for action to fight domestic violence, perhaps quoting comments from the prophet Mohammad that “the best amongst you is he who treats women the best.”

“We felt very strongly that we had a responsibility to make it very, very clear that honor killings — so-called honor killings; we don’t want to consider them anything honorable — have absolutely nothing to do with Islam,” said Sikander Hashmi, an imam in the Ontario city of Kingston where the trial is taking place.

Canadian-born Hashmi said he addressed the issue in a sermon to the 150 to 200 people in his mosque last month and plans to do so again this Friday.

The issue hit the headlines as an Afghan immigrant businessman, his wife and his son face trial for the 2009 drowning deaths of the three teenagers, and of a fourth woman, said by the prosecution to have been the businessman’s first wife. The young women allegedly shamed the clan with dating and other practices.

The three defendants deny the charges, and say it was all an unfortunate accident that they had nothing to do with.

But in the murder trial the prosecution played a secretly recorded tape of remarks the father, Mohammad Shafia, made to his son Hamed in the weeks after the deaths: “Even if they hoist me up onto a gallows, nothing is more dear to me than my honor.”

avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Muslim baby adopted because of fear of honour killing

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:13 pm

This is pdf file i cant seem to open it

But here is the link showing the MCB condemning so called honour killings

http://www.islamawareness.net/HonourKilling/honour_killings.pdf

avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic
 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum