shouldnt we be charging all these idiots?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

shouldnt we be charging all these idiots?

Post by victorismyhero on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:41 pm

11:52am UK, Saturday December 17, 2011
Jane Dougall, Sky reporter
Accident and emergency departments across the country have been overrun with drunken revellers after one of the busiest party nights of the year.

The Friday before Christmas, or "Mad Friday" as it is known, is one of the most popular nights for office parties, but it leaves emergency staff struggling to deal with alcohol-related injuries and illnesses.
However, because Christmas Day falls on a Sunday this year, a second "Mad Friday" is expected on December 23.
Around 40% of all A&E attendances are alcohol-related but those figures rise dramatically over the Christmas and New Year period.
It really frustrates me when people are rude, especially young people. As a mother of a young son myself, I would be mortified if I knew he was speaking to someone like that...someone trying to help him, it's not on really.
Paramedic Toni Gissing
The London Ambulance Service already runs a special "Booze Bus" which only deals with drunk people.
On the way to their first call out in Soho, the crew saw a man collapse in front of the ambulance. He was in his 50s and told paramedics he had been to his office party.
Paramedic Paul Saddohetoh said: "We saw the guy leaning against a lamppost, he started to cross the street, got halfway across when he just dropped right in front of us.
"It was lucky we were there. They're all finishing work early, getting straight out on the booze ... and you can see some of them aren't even getting past 10pm or 11pm."
Not all of the drunks are adults. The paramedics were called to Victoria station by the British Transport Police after a 16-year-old boy had been found lying in his own vomit on a train.
As he is a minor, the paramedics have to make sure he gets home safely but both the teenager and his father - who they eventually got a phone number for - became verbally abusive before the latter finally agreed to come and collect his son.
MAD FRIDAY HOSPITAL RESPONSE

"It really frustrates me when people are rude, especially young people," said paramedic Toni Gissing.
"As a mother of a young son myself, I would be mortified if I knew he was speaking to someone like that ... someone trying to help him, it's not on really."
All patients from the "Booze Bus" were brought to the Soho walk-in centre. Some of them required treatment, others just needed to sleep it off.
One man we met said his office party lasted for 15 hours.
All the A&E staff agree the problem is that people don't know when to stop drinking.
This "Mad Friday" may be over but the festive season is not and emergency crews across the country have more nights like this ahead of them: the same story with the same ending.

from ...http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16132230

charge em the FULL cost of being scraped up and seen to...then fine em for public disorder.
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Re: shouldnt we be charging all these idiots?

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:24 pm

You won't find any argument from me Victor! Evil or Very Mad

Yet another of the "Nanny State" in this Country! Twisted Evil

If you get pissed and fall over and hurt yourself, it's YOUR problem! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:09 am

MrDoodles wrote:You won't find any argument from me Victor! Evil or Very Mad

Yet another of the "Nanny State" in this Country! Twisted Evil

If you get pissed and fall over and hurt yourself, it's YOUR problem! Twisted Evil

If you get pissed and hurt yourself and have a few cuts and grazes, fair enough, unfortunately a lot of the time, because these idiots are too drunk to save themselves, they have broken limbs or smashed skulls, or some drunk, violent thug has set about them, so they can't be left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:19 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

If you get pissed and hurt yourself and have a few cuts and grazes, fair enough, unfortunately a lot of the time, because these idiots are too drunk to save themselves, they have broken limbs or smashed skulls, or some drunk, violent thug has set about them, so they can't be left.

It doesn't mean that they can't be charged for their treatment though, does it! Evil or Very Mad

If you can afford to go out and get absolutely wrecked, you can afford to pay for the consequences! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:58 pm

precisely Mr D
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Yes we should BE charging these bloody idiots
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:02 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

It doesn't mean that they can't be charged for their treatment though, does it! Evil or Very Mad

If you can afford to go out and get absolutely wrecked, you can afford to pay for the consequences! Twisted Evil

Never said we shouldn't, said they just can't be left.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top