Anti - Muslim Reporting in Mainstream Media

Post new topic   Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anti - Muslim Reporting in Mainstream Media

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:16 pm

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/daily-mails-bigoted-and-inaccurate-reporting-provokes-more-right-wing-anti-muslim-hysteria/

........... But there is no suggestion in the Mercury report that the religious affiliation of the accused had anything to do with the judge’s decision not to jail them:.............

..........A researcher from Full Fact contacted the Judicial Office, who referred her to the Mercury report as accurately reflecting the facts of the case and pointed out that “the role of the victim’s boyfriend was the one which impacted on the judgement”. This was no doubt reinforced by the fact that the main object of Lewis Moore’s violence was Ifrah Nur, who it appears had initially intervened to try and stop the fight, only to be punched in the face by Moore...........

........The Mail has posted CCTV footage of the incident on its website, but this has been edited so that the events leading up to the attack have been omitted. Even on the basis of this truncated version, however, it looks as though Page was involved in a verbal exchange with two of the four women before they attacked her. Exactly what was said, and why it provoked a violent reaction, the Mail obviously had no interest in establishing. They preferred to whip up the anger and indignation of their readers with a tale of Muslim thugs attacking a random stranger solely because she was white............

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anti - Muslim Reporting in Mainstream Media

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:43 pm

fatbob5 wrote:http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/daily-mails-bigoted-and-inaccurate-reporting-provokes-more-right-wing-anti-muslim-hysteria/

........... But there is no suggestion in the Mercury report that the religious affiliation of the accused had anything to do with the judge’s decision not to jail them:.............

..........A researcher from Full Fact contacted the Judicial Office, who referred her to the Mercury report as accurately reflecting the facts of the case and pointed out that “the role of the victim’s boyfriend was the one which impacted on the judgement”. This was no doubt reinforced by the fact that the main object of Lewis Moore’s violence was Ifrah Nur, who it appears had initially intervened to try and stop the fight, only to be punched in the face by Moore...........

........The Mail has posted CCTV footage of the incident on its website, but this has been edited so that the events leading up to the attack have been omitted. Even on the basis of this truncated version, however, it looks as though Page was involved in a verbal exchange with two of the four women before they attacked her. Exactly what was said, and why it provoked a violent reaction, the Mail obviously had no interest in establishing. They preferred to whip up the anger and indignation of their readers with a tale of Muslim thugs attacking a random stranger solely because she was white............

I certainly do not condone them kicking her, but there was obviously a lot more to this story than the Mail liked to say, there's a surprise.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anti - Muslim Reporting in Mainstream Media

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:01 pm

Strange how no-one is worried about anti BNP (a Legal Political Party) reporting in the mass media, is it! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anti - Muslim Reporting in Mainstream Media

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:04 pm

MrDoodles wrote:Strange how no-one is worried about anti BNP (a Legal Political Party) reporting in the mass media, is it! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

Why should they, they are not interested in the BNP.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anti - Muslim Reporting in Mainstream Media

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:06 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Why should they, they are not interested in the BNP.

And I couldn't give a monkeys about Islam either! Evil or Very Mad

Your point exactly? Question

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anti - Muslim Reporting in Mainstream Media

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:14 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

And I couldn't give a monkeys about Islam either! Evil or Very Mad

Your point exactly? Question

My point is that funnily enough, a lot of people do want things that might stir up racisim reported correctly, and as the election results showed, they don't give a rats arse about the BNP.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic
 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum