'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post new topic   Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:21 am

'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

A woman accused of launching a vile racist rant on a tram is to spend Christmas behind bars after she was remanded in custody for her own safety.
Magistrates took the decision to refuse Emma West’s bail application after they heard she had received death threats and that her address had been circulated on social networking sites Facebook and Twitter.
There were outbursts from supporters of Miss West, who shouted ‘treason’ as she was denied bail at Croydon Magistrates’ Court.
Racist rant: Police took Emma West into custody after a video (pictured) appeared on the internet showing a woman apparently abusing tram passengers
Miss West, a 34-year-old mother from New Addington, appeared before JPs charged with a racially aggravated public order offence in connection with a video that was heavily circulated on YouTube.
The former dental assistant bowed her head and sobbed as three magistrates watched the footage, which has now been seen more than 11 million times online.
When Miss West was arrested her partner told police that had been a number of death threats made against her, Eka Ike, prosecuting, told the court.

Magistrates chairman Ian McNeal said during the hearing: ‘We are told that your address has been widely circulated on Facebook and Twitter and there has been numerous death threats.
‘This case has attracted a high degree of public interest as evidence today. For these reasons we are remanding you in custody for your own protection.’
Miss West’s supporters shouted ‘treason’ and ‘we love you Emma, be strong’ as she was led to the cells.
The video is believed to have been filmed aboard a tram travelling between Croydon and Wimbledon
Earlier, after the foul-mouthed video was played to the packed court, the court clerk asked West how she wanted to plead.
‘Not guilty,’ she said.
Wearing a blue blouse and a black cardigan, she wiped tears from her face during the hearing.
For most of the time the video was played, around two minutes and 20 seconds, she was doubled over, out of sight from the public gallery.
Friends and family gathered to give her support.
The hearing had been adjourned until 2pm to give time for West to prepare reasons for her not guilty plea.
When she returned to the court room, her earlier plea of not guilty was rescinded due to an administrative error. Court records were amended to show she has not yet indicated a plea.
West was arrested on Monday last week for her own safety after the footage was posted on YouTube on Sunday by LadyK89 and viewed more than 10,000 times.
She had been remanded in custody after he first appearance at Croydon Magistrates’ Court last Tuesday.
Miss West has elected to have her case dealt with at the crown court. She will next appear at the same court on January 3 via a video link.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070647/Racist-woman-tram-spend-Christmas-bars-protection.html#ixzz1fppZZwSr

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:25 am

Now before I get hung on this I would like to say that whatever the provocation really there's no excuse for her little rant at those people on the bus but looking at this story and comparing it to the Somalian girls who were shouting racist abuse whilst attacking violently a young white girl, I really feel that the authorities have got it a bit wrong here.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:28 am

You wont get any argument from me on that. Judge was an arse in the Somali girls trial

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:31 am

Nems Again wrote:You wont get any argument from me on that. Judge was an arse in the Somali girls trial

It just sends out the message that it's okay to be racist if you are racist to white people. It breeds resentment and anger and actively contributes to more and more people hating other races not the reverse.

It seems as if the boyfriend was initially arrested as he was trying to defend his girlfriend. The police turned and manhandled him into cuffs whilst his girlfriend still lay wounded on the floor with these bitches standing hurling abuse still.

The police - we really should relabel them "thugs for hire".

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:51 am

Seren wrote:Now before I get hung on this I would like to say that whatever the provocation really there's no excuse for her little rant at those people on the bus but looking at this story and comparing it to the Somalian girls who were shouting racist abuse whilst attacking violently a young white girl, I really feel that the authorities have got it a bit wrong here.


I hope that those that can, will appeal in the case against the Somalian girls. The Judge is so wrong to excuse their behaviour because they were drunk. Pathetic. Evil or Very Mad

The woman on the tram is apparently suffering from depression and will quite possibly 'get off' too.

The sentences are likely to be similar (6 months suspended...)

So, taking the 'race' issue out of the equation altogether, one was verbal abuse and the other physical assault. If the woman on the tram gets a sentence greater than those Somalian girls, then there WILL be a massive outcry and quite rightly.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:50 am

Seren wrote:

It just sends out the message that it's okay to be racist if you are racist to white people. It breeds resentment and anger and actively contributes to more and more people hating other races not the reverse.

It seems as if the boyfriend was initially arrested as he was trying to defend his girlfriend. The police turned and manhandled him into cuffs whilst his girlfriend still lay wounded on the floor with these bitches standing hurling abuse still.

The police - we really should relabel them "thugs for hire".

Well we can thank Thatcher for making them paramilitary and teflon Tone for lowering the requirements for entry to
able to walk and breath at the same time

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:52 am

Angel wrote:


I hope that those that can, will appeal in the case against the Somalian girls. The Judge is so wrong to excuse their behaviour because they were drunk. Pathetic. Evil or Very Mad

The woman on the tram is apparently suffering from depression and will quite possibly 'get off' too.

The sentences are likely to be similar (6 months suspended...)

So, taking the 'race' issue out of the equation altogether, one was verbal abuse and the other physical assault. If the woman on the tram gets a sentence greater than those Somalian girls, then there WILL be a massive outcry and quite rightly.

An outcry, I doubt it.

I don't understand how those Islam4UK guys can burn poppies actually during our nations two minute silence and our judiciary do sweet FA apart from a cursory fine which as Mr Choudary claims every benefit under the sun we tax-payers get to pay anyway....

I suppose somebody will explain why this woman who was clearly provocated and don't forget this person filming this has omitted the initial argument is now in prison whilst zero happens to protesters calling for the death of British soldiers.

After watching the video it seems the woman calls on these fellow travellers to go home and to speak the mother tongue. I didn't hear any threats etc from here just a long rant about how this country has gone to **** due to swathes of non-English coming here. Her opinion it seems, maybe not mine, but I do see it as her opinion that's all not racial hatred.

Maybe some posters should suggest what is the correct punishment for an English woman expressing such an opinion.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:53 am

Nems Again wrote:

Well we can thank Thatcher for making them paramilitary and teflon Tone for lowering the requirements for entry to
able to walk and breath at the same time

You have such a turn of phrase love! Agree with everything written. She was a foul mouthed revolting ......, but saying nasty things do not equate to kicking someone in the head and the Somali girls should have been locked up.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:00 pm

They should and what scares me witless is the thought that we are so terrified of the racist tag that our judiciary is no longer independent and justice is no longer blind.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:02 pm

Nems Again wrote:They should and what scares me witless is the thought that we are so terrified of the racist tag that our judiciary is no longer independent and justice is no longer blind.

What they don't seem to get is that they make racism worse. Those who are racist use incidents like this to promote their cause. There you go, they say, told you whites get treated worse than the rest. It plays right into their hands.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:13 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

What they don't seem to get is that they make racism worse. Those who are racist use incidents like this to promote their cause. There you go, they say, told you whites get treated worse than the rest. It plays right into their hands.

This unbalanced handling of racial tensions by our inept judiciary does not just seem to make racism worse but actually is doing. I can testify to this as somebody close to me suffers from this in an area which previously never saw any despite being 99.9% white.

but on a lighter note - today is my big xmas shop day so wish me luck....

please god don't snow..please god don't snow..please god don't snow..please god don't snow.. Very Happy sorry kids

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Seren wrote:

This unbalanced handling of racial tensions by our inept judiciary does not just seem to make racism worse but actually is doing. I can testify to this as somebody close to me suffers from this in an area which previously never saw any despite being 99.9% white.

Politician, Judges etc etc don't use their common sense resulting the rest of the country suffering because of it. I know what you are referring to, and its vile.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:47 pm

Our Judicial system has totally gone to pot. There seems to be very little consistency and let's face it, some of the decision making has been "questionable" to say the very least No

Being drunk is certainly NOT an excuse.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by SEXY MAMA on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Feelthelove wrote:Our Judicial system has totally gone to pot. There seems to be very little consistency and let's face it, some of the decision making has been "questionable" to say the very least No

Being drunk is certainly NOT an excuse.

What was that Judge thinking? or not thinking in his case!
avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1169
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Seren wrote:Now before I get hung on this I would like to say that whatever the provocation really there's no excuse for her little rant at those people on the bus but looking at this story and comparing it to the Somalian girls who were shouting racist abuse whilst attacking violently a young white girl, I really feel that the authorities have got it a bit wrong here.

If, we are to have equality.....then all should be treated equally....the women who beat up one and called her a "white slag" should of been jailed....not one rule for one and different for another...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:15 pm

As they are both entirely different crimes they can't be treated equally.

The girls should have been jailed for assault. Being drunk is NOT an excuse to avoid punishment. The Judge in this case is totally wrong and the case should be appealed.

They will probably be laughing at how easily they got away with what they did.

As for the woman on the tram, whilst being extremely foul mouthed and a poor example of a parent, will now, because her 'face' is 'known' to 1000's of people she is probably going to face the consequences of her actions, on a daily basis for months to come.



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Woman on a tram' to spend Christmas behind bars 'for her own protection' after court views video of alleged racist rant

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic
 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum