Learn from my mistake

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Learn from my mistake

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Beware, scams re acai berry supplements.

See this web site: http://acaiberrysite.com/beware-of-free-trial-offers-for-acai/

Because I have been down in the last little while, done a bit of comfort eating, and because I have a thryroid problem, the extra pounds I put on are proving very hard to shift. On a website from something else was an article about acai berries and a whole speal from a supposed new presenter (at the time I thought I recognised her name) about LeanSlim and LeanCleanse and how easily she lost weight with them. There was a link to their site for a cheap trial run of a months supply at £4.95 each. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!!! So you can guess the rest. I got my trial, did nothing, suddenly got another package and my account debited 2 LOTS OF £57.50!!!!!!. Totally my own fault, but it has taken me many phone calls to stop it, and the site above is full of information about this, and many many people who have fallen for it, including a pensioner who said it because she does not get out much they took two lots from her account before she realised, and thats her Christmas money gone! So just in case anyone is as daft as me, I thought I would let you know! Its back to living off lettuce leaves for me.

Back to top Go down

Re: Learn from my mistake

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:02 pm

Oooh Sassy !!! No

Well, you've learnt your lesson obviously, but just look at what cost !

You don't need me or anyone else to tell you that there is no such thing as a free trial on products that make such claims. If they really worked, they'd be sold in chemists. You're already kicking yourself for being fooled but you need to understand that these companies are very, very clever...

Do you have a Facebook account that you can get this message out to as many people as possible ?

I'm so sorry...xx

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:40 pm

Oh No!

So sorry to hear this Sass.

Anyway one lives and learns so chin up and I know you wont be duped again xxx
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:23 pm

I am kicking myself, because that £115 that could have gone towards Christmas, but at least because I bank online and check it ever few days I noticed it immediately. On another site there was one lady who had be hospitalised, so could not check her account and did not know things had been delivered and she lost nearly £350!!! Well, its a lesson well learnt, and I will be putting on my Facebook Angel, just in case it helps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:33 pm

sassy1261 wrote:I am kicking myself, because that £115 that could have gone towards Christmas, but at least because I bank online and check it ever few days I noticed it immediately. On another site there was one lady who had be hospitalised, so could not check her account and did not know things had been delivered and she lost nearly £350!!! Well, its a lesson well learnt, and I will be putting on my Facebook Angel, just in case it helps!

Can you return the items for a full refund ? You do have certain consumer rights even for items bought over the internet.
There's a government site that offers advice on what you can do I think.

Don't leave it and mark it down to experience..not if there is something that you can do about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Angel wrote:

Can you return the items for a full refund ? You do have certain consumer rights even for items bought over the internet.
There's a government site that offers advice on what you can do I think.

Don't leave it and mark it down to experience..not if there is something that you can do about it.

I'll give it a go, won't hold my breath though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:32 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

I'll give it a go, won't hold my breath though!

You'll lose nothing if you try...and you might, just might, be able to get something back. Good luck whatever you decide. xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Angel wrote:

You'll lose nothing if you try...and you might, just might, be able to get something back. Good luck whatever you decide. xx

Yes good luck, Im sure if the advert is misleading or whatever trading standard can act. Good job you spotted it quickly Sassy x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Nems Again wrote:

Yes good luck, Im sure if the advert is misleading or whatever trading standard can act. Good job you spotted it quickly Sassy x

Worked out how they did it. In the months trial application in the tiniest of print, right down the bottom is a little tiny box, that you have to 'untick' if you don't want a subscription. Its not even on the screen when you are reading about the trial, there is a space, so you presume that is it, think you are on the bottom of the page and you are not! Because of the tick box, its legal!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:19 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Worked out how they did it. In the months trial application in the tiniest of print, right down the bottom is a little tiny box, that you have to 'untick' if you don't want a subscription. Its not even on the screen when you are reading about the trial, there is a space, so you presume that is it, think you are on the bottom of the page and you are not! Because of the tick box, its legal!!!!

Okay, so they've got a get out clause, you didn't un-check a box... Neutral

If you don't mind me asking, how long ago did you 'sign-up' for the free trial and how have they managed to bill you twice without you receiving further products ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:34 am

Angel wrote:

Okay, so they've got a get out clause, you didn't un-check a box... Neutral

If you don't mind me asking, how long ago did you 'sign-up' for the free trial and how have they managed to bill you twice without you receiving further products ?

The trial was for a months supply (not free, £4.50 a bottle, thats how they get your details) the subscription was unlimited (tick box)!!!!! They took the money out three days before I received the second lot of capsules, so they had the money before I had the product!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:50 am

sassy1261 wrote:Beware, scams re acai berry supplements.

See this web site: http://acaiberrysite.com/beware-of-free-trial-offers-for-acai/

Because I have been down in the last little while, done a bit of comfort eating, and because I have a thryroid problem, the extra pounds I put on are proving very hard to shift. On a website from something else was an article about acai berries and a whole speal from a supposed new presenter (at the time I thought I recognised her name) about LeanSlim and LeanCleanse and how easily she lost weight with them. There was a link to their site for a cheap trial run of a months supply at £4.95 each. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!!! So you can guess the rest. I got my trial, did nothing, suddenly got another package and my account debited 2 LOTS OF £57.50!!!!!!. Totally my own fault, but it has taken me many phone calls to stop it, and the site above is full of information about this, and many many people who have fallen for it, including a pensioner who said it because she does not get out much they took two lots from her account before she realised, and thats her Christmas money gone! So just in case anyone is as daft as me, I thought I would let you know! Its back to living off lettuce leaves for me.

A good way to shop online is NOT to use your main income account or any account upon which you relie on for your day to day money.

Getting a prepay credit card or a virtual credit card is an excellent way to partake in any trial, without worrying whether it is a bit dodgy or not. The card you use will only be loaded with funds should you decide to use it to buy something. Also the only way to stop scammers from doing this is to cancel your card once you know you have given them your FULL card details incl. security code. Easy to do with a prepay, less hassle, a bit more of a pain if its your main payment card.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:45 am

It's normal practice to debit your card before shipping the product.

I thought you said that you'd been debited twice. Did they take the following months subscription at the same time ?

Have you something in writing to confirm they've cancelled your orders especially as a continuous debit authority can't be cancelled by you or your bank. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:30 am

Angel wrote:It's normal practice to debit your card before shipping the product.

I thought you said that you'd been debited twice. Did they take the following months subscription at the same time ?

Have you something in writing to confirm they've cancelled your orders especially as a continuous debit authority can't be cancelled by you or your bank. Rolling Eyes

They debited for the trial run, two things at £4.50 each and that was supposed to be it, then they debited £57.50 twice for the second months supply which I had not asked for and did not realised I was supposed to 'untick' the box. The months supply is two bottles, one called LeanSlim Weight Loss and one called LeanSlim Cleanse, you are supposed to use them both together. I have a email with a cancellation number and confirmation is has been cancelled, and I have printed that off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:51 am

i've just read all this sassy

i got caught out on the same thing but it was for a 'trial' of so called magical face cream that was gonna make me look like catherine zeta jones or whatever bounce (everyone will notice the difference, i was assured)

then discovered £87.50 for each fecking bottle had gone (bought 2 different ones like you to be used together)

again discovered they had the right due to tiny print but managed to cancel any further orders.

to top it all, it made no sodding difference whatsoever.

I still look like the bastard love child of Matt Lucas and Anne Widdicombe Sad

Alas! Vanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:28 pm

gelico wrote:i've just read all this sassy

i got caught out on the same thing but it was for a 'trial' of so called magical face cream that was gonna make me look like catherine zeta jones or whatever bounce (everyone will notice the difference, i was assured)

then discovered £87.50 for each fecking bottle had gone (bought 2 different ones like you to be used together)

again discovered they had the right due to tiny print but managed to cancel any further orders.

to top it all, it made no sodding difference whatsoever.

I still look like the bastard love child of Matt Lucas and Anne Widdicombe Sad

Alas! Vanity

I bet you don't! Sometimes we are so stupid aren't we, but at least we learn from it! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:41 pm

here;s another for you sassy xx - is dascheap.com

my son wanted one of these computer game thingies. normally i would buy from amazon but couldn't get what i wanted and my son found it on the above site, so i prepared to buy it.

i went through the same process and you would with amazon, they confirmed my order, shipping etc via e-mail and said it would be shipped within 3-5 working days, and would take about 7-10 days to arrive.

all was well, but about a week later my son asked me to check my e-mails to confirm it had been shipped as i hadn't bothered with it.

when i checked my e#mail account, i saw a message from then stating

In order to place your order into processing we need the following:
1) You need to fill out and fax or scan & email: our "international risk form" (attached.)
2) fax or scan & email: the front and back of your credit card
3) fax or scan & email: your current Identification Card or Passport.

Our fax number: 626.961.6096
You can email to: service@dascheap.com

Regards,
Aaron C.

---------------------------------------------

affraid affraid

I logged out again pdq - you ever heard of this request before??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:54 pm

gelico wrote:here;s another for you sassy xx - is dascheap.com

my son wanted one of these computer game thingies. normally i would buy from amazon but couldn't get what i wanted and my son found it on the above site, so i prepared to buy it.

i went through the same process and you would with amazon, they confirmed my order, shipping etc via e-mail and said it would be shipped within 3-5 working days, and would take about 7-10 days to arrive.

all was well, but about a week later my son asked me to check my e-mails to confirm it had been shipped as i hadn't bothered with it.

when i checked my e#mail account, i saw a message from then stating

In order to place your order into processing we need the following:
1) You need to fill out and fax or scan & email: our "international risk form" (attached.)
2) fax or scan & email: the front and back of your credit card
3) fax or scan & email: your current Identification Card or Passport.

Our fax number: 626.961.6096
You can email to: service@dascheap.com

Regards,
Aaron C.

---------------------------------------------

affraid affraid

I logged out again pdq - you ever heard of this request before??

OMG!!!! No, never had anything like that! You really have to be careful don't you! I will certainly mention this to my grandchildren as they buy games etc over the net!!!!! Oh my word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:01 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

OMG!!!! No, never had anything like that! You really have to be careful don't you! I will certainly mention this to my grandchildren as they buy games etc over the net!!!!! Oh my word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've decided to stick to amazon - great site Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:21 pm

gelico wrote:

I've decided to stick to amazon - great site Very Happy

Me too! Got most of my christmas presents from there! Shopping, what shopping!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:16 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Me too! Got most of my christmas presents from there! Shopping, what shopping!

I love Amazon too, I have ordered loads over the years and ever had a problem with anything.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top