Jobless benefits to rise as salaries fall

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jobless benefits to rise as salaries fall

Post by victorismyhero on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:05 pm

I have posted the answer to this times.....Its very easy...it just requires some political balls....
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:36 am

There is wide spread benefit fraud alot of it organised crime. We see a major case about once a week in the news.
Perhaps Victor you can tell me why some families live in houses that I couldn't afford and you think my familiy is very well off. These housing benefits amount to rentals of £6,000 per month or more!

Why indeed should anyone on benefits take home more income than someone on £40k as often happens when larger families are involved.That doesn't include housing benefits.

Since you won't take the trouble to look up the Fields work perhaps with your better knowledge you can persuade me that paying more is a much better option.

The floor is yours.

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:29 pm

H20 wrote:There is wide spread benefit fraud alot of it organised crime. We see a major case about once a week in the news.

So, according to the RW propaganda machine ALL benefit recipients are scroungers yes? NONE of em deserve it?

I added this edit a bit later, but thoughtb it relevant since drinky is so convinced that we are drowning in a sea of benefit fraud this is from http://www.nao.org.uk/publications/1012/dwp_account_2010-11.aspx the departments OWN verified accounts

Fraud
21. The Department’s estimate of fraud, as defined in paragraph 2.2, is shown in
Figure 3 below.
Figure 3
Estimated fraud
Benefits 2010-11
Total expenditure
£ million *
2010-11
Fraud overpayments
£ million *
(% of related
expenditure)
2009-10
Fraud overpayments
£ million *
(% of related
expenditure)
Benefits administered
directly by the
Department
127,000 900 (0.7) 700 (0.6)
Housing related
benefits administered
by Local Authorities
26,600 300 (1.3) 300 (1.2)
All DWP benefits 153,600 1,200 (0.8%) 1,000 (0.7)

Now you see that tiny little figure in blue on the last line....what we could call the bottom line indeed. 0.8% losses due to fraud. I wonder what the losses of Tax due to fraud are?????
All this crap about benefit fraud, and like most RW propaganda, it utterly FAILS to withstand even a cursory investigation...lies and more lies.

Perhaps Victor you can tell me why some families live in houses that I couldn't afford and you think my familiy is very well off. These housing benefits amount to rentals of £6,000 per month or more!

And of course mainly due to maggie, and her destruction of the concil house system, along with right to buy, which was wrong in principle and practice.
moreover, this is NOT the fault of those receiving the benefits, its the crazy housing market that actually makes these prices and moreover those in that position are a very minor %age of the whole.
Why indeed should anyone on benefits take home more income than someone on £40k as often happens when larger families are involved.That doesn't include housing benefits.

of course it is "often the case" isnt it...the propaganda machine strikes again...show me some stats to prove this is often the case...I'll accept something showing greater than 15% of benefit recipients....although satistically speaking "often the case" requires in the region of 25-35%

and yes I agree thats not really on, one has to ask exactly WHY they get this...is there a fiddle going on...(i which case perhaps someone should look into it) or is it a case of they happen to live ion an expensive area, or have some extra needs....I do hope you havnt fallen into the RW trap that equates incapacity benefit with disability living allowance...the two are different and for different purposes. And of course it is true that these two are possibly the worst abused, WHICH ANNOYS THE CRAP OUT OF ME, but unlike the RW my answer is better policing of the benefit, rather than wholesale callous removal of benefit from all and anyone on a target driven basis.

Since you won't take the trouble to look up the Fields work perhaps with your better knowledge you can persuade me that paying more is a much better option.

The need to pay more of course will become even more horribly apparent as camergoons unemployment policy begins to bite ever deeper.......and suddenly instead of 5.7 persons per job there will be 8 or 9 persons per job.....all THEIR fault no doubt....and doubless will be even more stigmatised and demonised, to take the publics eye away from the reality....EVEN this 5% rise wasnt given to "help " those on benefits, as I have said 5% of bugger all is bugger all, it was done to stir up public dislike and cause a ruckus....which of course, such as yourself have nicely fallen for... and as a sop to the liberals. Personally I dont think it should have been done or, perhaps more pointedly guidance should have been issued to all employers that rises this year should be at inflation levels....THEN they could have given this rise to the benefit recipient....of course we could THEN say..if your boss wont give you the inflation level rise that thats YOUR fault for being weak, and failing to MAKE him...or perhaps still your fault for not leaving him and finding work elsewhere...oh...i forgot.....there isnt any.....IS THERE.......

The floor is yours.

As I have said repeatedly both the present benefit sysytem AND the beloved RW "christian work ethic" are BOTH out of date and no longer fit for the purpose, There are better ways, radical and far reaching. There are ways that are not only humanist in their approach, but fair, decent and virtually uncheatable (though no doubt there will be some clever bugger out there that would at least try....). It would not even necessarily be a case of paying more.
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top