People showing their true nature

View previous topic View next topic Go down

People showing their true nature

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:25 am

I know I don't post on here much, and I know you don't want to get involved in other forums, but I believe Phil's returning here after his ban, and I just have to copy this post of his because I'm so totally disgusted and sad that someone could have such a nasty spiteful outlook on life.

Re: Some Christians in London!
Right Foot Forward wrote:
IMO they are all off their heads, but their is a Christian lady at the end of our road.
Whenever she sees Doug, when i persuade him to take a walk, she is always stopping him and asking how he is, numerous questions about his and our lives etc....She is always telling him that he looks very ill etc...She always makes an effort to put a Christmas card through our door, and she keeps saying that she will pray for us!
I just wish that she would fook off and die tbf. She makes him very depressed.

This woman's being friendly - neighbourly - sending them Christmas cards. Because of this Phil says he hopes she'll f**k off and die. No
I can't believe anyone can be so horrible.

Back to top Go down

Re: People showing their true nature

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:30 am

Actually, when you are already depressed and ill and someone keeps telling you how ill you look, it is even more depressing. I don't suppose its the christmas card, or asking him how he is, its the continually telling him how ill he looks. It would piss me off as well, but then I would just tell her she was depressing me, and if I looked like shyte I'd rather she kept it to herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:11 am

It is depressing but much better to have a quiet word with the lady and tell her how important it is to be positive around a sick person.

I wont comment on posts made elsewhere.

As the sexuality section is and will remain there, it was my understanding Phil was not returning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:13 am

What a horrible woman....being friendly. Rolling Eyes

Depression doesn't give someone the right to wish death on anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:19 am

Angel wrote:What a horrible woman....being friendly. Rolling Eyes

Depression doesn't give someone the right to wish death on anyone.

Quite agree with that Angel, she probably thinks she is doing the right thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:33 am

Nems Again wrote:It is depressing but much better to have a quiet word with the lady and tell her how important it is to be positive around a sick person.

I wont comment on posts made elsewhere.

As the sexuality section is and will remain there, it was my understanding Phil was not returning.

What sexuality section Nems? There isn't one on ADO as far as I'm aware.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:38 am

sassy1261 wrote:

Quite agree with that Angel, she probably thinks she is doing the right thing.

Some people are of an age that don't think or speak in 'PC' language. They say what they feel without thought to it causing offence.

What a sad world we live in when neighbourliness and praying that someone's health improves is regarded as offensive. No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:39 am

sprite wrote:

Nems was referring to the fact that there is one here I think you will find Tess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:40 am

sprite wrote:

Hi Tess,

It's the Sexuality Section on this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:41 am

Sorry I wandered off Sprite, you made the comment about Phil returning here and it is my understanding he isnt. Sorry for any confusion Im in head up bum mode today Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:41 am

Angel wrote:

Some people are of an age that don't think or speak in 'PC' language. They say what they feel without thought to it causing offence.

What a sad world we live in when neighbourliness and praying that someone's health improves is regarded as offensive. No

In all honesty, I don't think that was the objection, I think it was the fact she continually told him how ill he looked, but as I have not read the thread, I don't know for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:51 am

sassy1261 wrote:

In all honesty, I don't think that was the objection, I think it was the fact she continually told him how ill he looked, but as I have not read the thread, I don't know for sure.

Tess posted the comment here..maybe I've not read it properly, but with an opening comment that all Christians 'are off their heads' I took it to mean that praying for him was the problem. Not to do with saying how ill he looked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:57 am

Angel wrote:

Tess posted the comment here..maybe I've not read it properly, but with an opening comment that all Christians 'are off their heads' I took it to mean that praying for him was the problem. Not to do with saying how ill he looked.

I know Angel, I just found it quite hard to make head or tail of it! And I was trying very hard to be charitable lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:05 am

sassy1261 wrote:

I know Angel, I just found it quite hard to make head or tail of it! And I was trying very hard to be charitable lol

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:14 pm

sassy1261 wrote:Actually, when you are already depressed and ill and someone keeps telling you how ill you look, it is even more depressing. I don't suppose its the christmas card, or asking him how he is, its the continually telling him how ill he looks. It would piss me off as well, but then I would just tell her she was depressing me, and if I looked like shyte I'd rather she kept it to herself.

No surprise there Sassy. If Phil said " Those jews were all homophobic they deserved to be in the gas ovens" you would say well I don't really agree but Phil has a point though.

The point of that story is the Christian lady despite all the guff about homophobia is being caring. As usual he concentrates on the negative. In my experience old people just love to talk about illnesses. He could as someone suggested have a quiet word when he is on his own suggesting she says "How good you are looking Doug" rather then I wish she was dead!

He is trying at present to reform though I understand. I am watching with interest. If he can I will be first to pat him on the back as for him to do that will be like me giving up smoking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:10 pm

H20 wrote:

No surprise there Sassy. If Phil said " Those jews were all homophobic they deserved to be in the gas ovens" you would say well I don't really agree but Phil has a point though.

The point of that story is the Christian lady despite all the guff about homophobia is being caring. As usual he concentrates on the negative. In my experience old people just love to talk about illnesses. He could as someone suggested have a quiet word when he is on his own suggesting she says "How good you are looking Doug" rather then I wish she was dead!

He is trying at present to reform though I understand. I am watching with interest. If he can I will be first to pat him on the back as for him to do that will be like me giving up smoking.

DOH, read the above!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:11 pm

ok I wont comment on this as Phil is not here to defend it.

SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:12 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:ok I wont comment on this as Phil is not here to defend it.

Exactly, and I am not sure why anyone would want to drag it over anyway!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top