Not Funny!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not Funny!

Post by SEXY MAMA on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:20 pm

'Why are they called Sunshine Variety coaches when all the kids look the same?' Jimmy Carr blasted for 'sick' Down’s syndrome joke

Comedian Jimmy Carr has sparked outrage for making an offensive joke about children with Down's syndrome.
In front of a theatre audience he said: 'Why are they called the Sunshine Variety coaches when all the kids on them look the f***ing same?'
The stand-up comic who hosts the Channel 4 TV panel show '8 Out Of 10 Cats' was immediately criticised for targeting people unable to defend themselves.
One fan who went to see the show in Warrington, Cheshire, told the Sun: 'there was some laughter but I think most people agreed that it was crass.
'We all know he can be controversial but this joke overstepped the mark.'
In response to the joke, Malcolm Brenner from the Variety Club said the comedian was ridiculing children with Down's syndrome and 'you can't get much lower than that'.
A spokesman from Down's Heart Group said the charity feels 'it is a shame when anyone makes fun of those with disabilities as it usually causes upset and distress to these people and their families.
'After years of campaigning, raising awareness and educating it is sad that there is still such ignorance around.

More...
Passenger forced to stand for seven hours on U.S. Airways flight because of 28 STONE man sitting next to him
RIGHTMINDS: The shame of a welfare state that fails the disabled, by DR ROBERT LEFEVER
'Many people with learning difficulties lead ordinary lives, contributing to society and playing a full role in their communities.
'They should be recognised for the sheer effort it takes just to keep up with their peers, rather than being laughed at for conditions they certainly didn’t bring on themselves.

Responding to the comedian's remark, the Down's Heart Group said the charity feels 'it is a shame when anyone makes fun of those with disabilities as it usually causes upset and distress to these people and their families'.

Using the term 'mong' Ricky Gervais posted this picture of himself on Twitter. He claimed he didn't know the word was still an offensive way of describing someone with Down's syndrome
GROWING TREND OF COMICS WHO OVER-STEP THE MARK
There has been a pattern recently of comedians over-stepping boundaries regarding the disabled.
Ricky Gervais was forced into an apology last month over his use of the term 'mong'.
He claimed that he had been naive to use the word without realising it was still used to insult the disabled after he was criticised by the tearful mother of two disabled daughters.
In December last year, Ofcom launched an investigation into Frankie Boyle's Channel 4 show over a vile sexual slur he made about Katie Price's disabled son, Harvey.
Reacting to the furore, which comes in the week he released a DVD in the run-up to Christmas, Mr Carr said: 'It was the 238th gig of the tour and nobody has complained so far. I'm sorry to anyone who came and was offended.'
The comedian was also criticised on the anniversary of 9/11 after making a joke about the Eastern Airlines Douglas DC-9-31 which made a crash landing on September 11, 1974, initially killing 69 people. The figure rose to 72 after three others died from their injuries.
The 38-year-old stand-up tweeted: 'Sept 11th date of terrible air disaster. When Eastern Airlines Flt 212 crashed in 1974. Killing 69. No one will forget that in a hurry.'
But his followers, including Crimewatch presenter Rav Wilding criticised him for having a sick sense of humour. Wilding tweeted: '@jimmycarr why would you even attempt to make a joke about 09/11? Seriously bad taste.'
Two years ago, Mr Carr was criticised for a joke he made about British soldiers who had lost limbs in battle in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The star was forced to apologise and then promised to raise money for a charity which supports wounded servicemen.
In June this year Carr was criticised for writing a magazine comic strip depicting shootings in schools.
Beat My Score is set in a world where 'successes' earn points and one crazed Japanese college student is prepared to go further than anyone else in order to claim first place in the game

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2065573/Jimmy-Carr-blasted-sick-Downs-syndrome-joke.html#ixzz1ed2KMGc6
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Funny!

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:57 pm

For goodness sake, will people ever learn? Completely unnecessary and certainly not funny No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Hes a comedian and its what comes naturally to him even though it is not funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:32 pm

prinze wrote:Hes a comedian and its what comes naturally to him even though it is not funny

And he he often not funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Nems Again wrote:

And he he often not funny

Difference in opinion I think. Some of his stand up are good except this stunt of course

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:35 pm

prinze wrote:

Difference in opinion I think. Some of his stand up are good except this stunt of course

He is too smarmy for me, makes me want to throw things a the tele!
Lovely to see you BTWxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Nems Again wrote:

He is too smarmy for me, makes me want to throw things a the tele!
Lovely to see you BTWxx

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Hes not that bad Rolling Eyes

Nice to see you too xx

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:12 pm

snip<<There has been a pattern recently of comedians over-stepping boundaries regarding the disabled. >>snip

of course there is...Its all part of the govt sponsored pogrom against the disabled.....
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:25 pm

Well, they throw everything else at them Victor, I suppose crap comedians would do as well as anything else!

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:35 pm

sassy1261 wrote:Well, they throw everything else at them Victor, I suppose crap comedians would do as well as anything else!

It helps prepare the "public mind" sassy.....a good way of demonising a group is to initially make them the object of ridicule.....
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top