The most helpful thing this forum did.

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Was to set up the Sexuality Topics section It has worked extremely well and Seren should be congratulated for having the good sense to set it up. Long may this section continue, it stops Normal threads from being ruined.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:12 pm

fred bloggs wrote:Was to set up the Sexuality Topics section It has worked extremely well and Seren should be congratulated for having the good sense to set it up. Long may this section continue, it stops Normal threads from being ruined.

And you would not be trying to stir because of something you have seen on ADO Fred?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:31 pm

fred bloggs wrote:Was to set up the Sexuality Topics section It has worked extremely well and Seren should be congratulated for having the good sense to set it up. Long may this section continue, it stops Normal threads from being ruined.

Strange you choose to spend so much time in a place that has no such section and according to you is being ruined then scratch

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:48 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

And you would not be trying to stir because of something you have seen on ADO Fred?


Heaven Forbid, Of course Not. -- Are we not allowed to compliment anybody any more?.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:50 am

fred bloggs wrote:


Heaven Forbid, Of course Not. -- Are we not allowed to compliment anybody any more?.

Fred dear, you really are going to have to work on the subtle technique, at the moment obvious is winning hands down! Laughing Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:08 am

Actually as I was not admitted there until last night I could hardly add to the posts there so maybe thast is a reason some others couldn't?

It is a good idea. Let be explain.
1. Sexuality section is a good generic for a range of issues as Ploitics is to Political parties and religion is to churches and philosophy.

2. Some people think that it is for gay issues only perhaps that stereotyping is simply wrong. That leap of thought hasn't been helped by the fact that some people are prodicgious in posting topics from a single community.

3. There are a whole host os sexuality issues that could be addressed indeed I responded to an interesting one about Porn last might.

4. If you argue that we should abandon this section so quickly when you supported it only a week ago how starnge is that. You also deny democracy as we voted massively in favour of it. I know democracy isn't that important to you sassy it is to some of us.
I might also add the very person who ran the poll had a chance to say up front how he felt about it. If you like he could have swayed us.


5. If we abandon it presumably because one person is against it if I say I hate the Politics section will you abandon that as well. Are you against logical filing groups?

I hope this helps clarify the debate.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:57 am

Well, a little obvious than Fred. Democracy is exactly what has happened, but behind the scenes Drinky, and behind the scenes it were it will stay.
PS, I believe in real democracy, not a pretend one where those with money and influence tell everyone else what to do.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:01 am

sassy1261 wrote:Well, a little obvious than Fred. Democracy is exactly what has happened, but behind the scenes Drinky, and behind the scenes it were it will stay.
PS, I believe in real democracy, not a pretend one where those with money and influence tell everyone else what to do.



Sorry I have no idea whther your reply is addressing my post or not Sassy. We had a poll did we not or did I imagine the outcome being decisive?

My other points don't matter a jot do they? Not worthy of even a line or two. We had a secret talk that you can't know about enough said?!!!



I believe in democracy really. I';m talikng about the one man one vote kind what has that got to do with money and influence. It is clear you beleive in the antithesis of democracy. A backroom cabal has decided to overule an open vote how very EU.



"Where those with money and influence can't tell everyone else what to do" quote Sassy. Well money is irrelevant in this context but you have the influence/power to ban me for dissent and I have no means of stopping that. You refuse to address my valid points because you have the power to ignore me. What a complete and total hypocrite you are if that is your position.

I don't mind being lectured if the person doing the lecturing is themself above reproach. Abuse of power always ends unhappily Sassy I have been around loing enough to know that and so have you.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

It's a well known fact Drinky, That power corrupts those who do not have the intellect to understand the difference between right and wrong.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:18 pm

fred bloggs wrote:It's a well known fact Drinky, That power corrupts those who do not have the intellect to understand the difference between right and wrong.



I'm keeping my powder dry Fred in fairmness let's see what Sassy has to say first. Her first response was clearly an up yours you can't do anything about it one but thats because she finds me obnoxious. That's alright by me, I am to some, but common courtesy demands at least a better reply from a Moderator. This is not a debate about tax it is a genuine request as an ordinary member of this forum to receive a courteous response. On the other threads I'm currently on you are wlkecome to call me Colonel Blimp etc.

Thats all I ask sassy the common courtesy of addressing the points I went to the trouble to make. Even a "I heard what you say but it's my forum and thats why I'm doing it this way" would at least tell me where I stand.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:18 pm

H20 wrote:



I'm keeping my powder dry Fred in fairmness let's see what Sassy has to say first. Her first response was clearly an up yours you can't do anything about it one but thats because she finds me obnoxious. That's alright by me, I am to some, but common courtesy demands at least a better reply from a Moderator. This is not a debate about tax it is a genuine request as an ordinary member of this forum to receive a courteous response. On the other threads I'm currently on you are wlkecome to call me Colonel Blimp etc.

Thats all I ask sassy the common courtesy of addressing the points I went to the trouble to make. Even a "I heard what you say but it's my forum and thats why I'm doing it this way" would at least tell me where I stand.


Sounds reasonable and gracious of you Drinky. --- I only hope I can be as forgiving as you are when it is my turn, as no doubt it will be soon.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Oh dear, dear Drinky, you did get hold of the wrong end of the stick didn't you. My reply was to say what goes on the mod lounge stays there, exactly as it does on ADO. You don't go blabbing about what is discussed there, neither do I.

You will note, I called you Colonel Blimp once, in response to your continuously calling everyone idiots who had the audacity to disagree with you.

If you wish to discuss sexual subjects, feel free, I would find a real discussion on transexuality, hemaphrodites, why some people are asexual, why some people are obsessed with it, very interesting, as I find nothing about the way people are made in any way offense. Human beings are probably the most interesting subject of all.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:55 pm

Then what was this all about then " I believe in real democracy, not a pretend one where those with money and influence tell everyone else what to do".



I see your popint about Mod discussion of course I do. A polite response that was clear for Blimp here might have been "we have had second thoughts and will be making new proposals but things are still under discussion. Your points are valid and will be taken into account"



Your actual one was a bit up yours sassy. BTW how many times do i have to say I thought the Blimp thing was funny. I still haven't found a character for you. All the ones on the far left are blokes that I can think of but I will alight upon one mark my words.Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:03 pm

H20 wrote:Then what was this all about then " I believe in real democracy, not a pretend one where those with money and influence tell everyone else what to do".



I see your popint about Mod discussion of course I do. A polite response that was clear for Blimp here might have been "we have had second thoughts and will be making new proposals but things are still under discussion. Your points are valid and will be taken into account"



Your actual one was a bit up yours sassy. BTW how many times do i have to say I thought the Blimp thing was funny. I still haven't found a character for you. All the ones on the far left are blokes that I can think of but I will alight upon one mark my words.Very Happy




Please Sir!! please Sir!! I've got one, but I'll keep it until I need it myself so you can't have it -- There --- Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:19 pm

fred bloggs wrote:




Please Sir!! please Sir!! I've got one, but I'll keep it until I need it myself so you can't have it -- There --- Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy



It'll have to be good Fred because Blimp was a belter.and would to an earlier generation have been a great put down in an argument. I've gone all the way back to the suffragettes, I've studied the kremlin leaders but none are gbood enough paralells with our Sassy Fred.



I await with some eager anticipation the unveiling of this character. I did think Mary Whitehouse but she was too religious in all other respects she loved censorship though.Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:22 pm

H20 wrote:



It'll have to be good Fred because Blimp was a belter.and would to an earlier generation have been a great put down in an argument. I've gone all the way back to the suffragettes, I've studied the kremlin leaders but none are gbood enough paralells with our Sassy Fred.



I await with some eager anticipation the unveiling of this character. I did think Mary Whitehouse but she was too religious in all other respects she loved censorship though.Very Happy

See Pm Mate. Hope you find it amusing. I'll keep it under wraps at the moment.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:13 pm

H20 wrote:Then what was this all about then " I believe in real democracy, not a pretend one where those with money and influence tell everyone else what to do".



I see your popint about Mod discussion of course I do. A polite response that was clear for Blimp here might have been "we have had second thoughts and will be making new proposals but things are still under discussion. Your points are valid and will be taken into account"



Your actual one was a bit up yours sassy. BTW how many times do i have to say I thought the Blimp thing was funny. I still haven't found a character for you. All the ones on the far left are blokes that I can think of but I will alight upon one mark my words.Very Happy

I mentioned Blimp only because you did. The polite response, I will not discuss it outside the mod lounge. Did I ever, in my time on ADO, ask for you to comment about what went on in back room discussions. If you are so worried about democracy, why are you on ADO?

Its obviously taking you time to find a name for me, but if you do, it really will not worry me, I have too much going on in my life to worry about two men playing silly games on a forum.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:04 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

I mentioned Blimp only because you did. The polite response, I will not discuss it outside the mod lounge. Did I ever, in my time on ADO, ask for you to comment about what went on in back room discussions. If you are so worried about democracy, why are you on ADO?

Its obviously taking you time to find a name for me, but if you do, it really will not worry me, I have too much going on in my life to worry about two men playing silly games on a forum.

They are both horrid little men with all of their goading and abuse of members from both ES and ADO.
Both of them want to try to cause as much trouble as possible cite forum trolls.

<moderator edit: poster openly admitting to being a sock puppet, classic this is!!>

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:35 am

sassy1261 wrote:

I mentioned Blimp only because you did. The polite response, I will not discuss it outside the mod lounge. Did I ever, in my time on ADO, ask for you to comment about what went on in back room discussions. If you are so worried about democracy, why are you on ADO?

Its obviously taking you time to find a name for me, but if you do, it really will not worry me, I have too much going on in my life to worry about two men playing silly games on a forum.



Really Sassy for all your faults you had a sense of humour unlike some. Now it's my turn to say don't be so tetchy.Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:19 am

H20 wrote:



Really Sassy for all your faults you had a sense of humour unlike some. Now it's my turn to say don't be so tetchy.Very Happy

Sorry Drinky, yesterday was a very difficult day for me personally and I was not amused to see you and Fred trying to stir it up. Yes, I had a sense of humour failure over this, probably because we are trying very hard to make everyone as comfortable as possible on here. I know on ADO you get into a pattern of goading and being abusive, I'm not just talking about you, I'm talking about everyone, myself included when I was on it, and it drags you down to the lowest common denominator. I'm not trying to be clever, or condescending or anything like, I despised what I became on ADO and have no wish to see it carried on over here. When I first came on forums I was happy, chatty, happy to argue the toss with no ill feeling, and took everyone at face value. My time on ADO changed all that. I saw some very nasty people and ended up as back biting as they were, simply to survive. Thats not what we want here. Personally I want to get back to me, and I want people who come on here to feel relaxed and happy. That is our only rule, discuss what you want, have any view you want, but do not personally abusive or goad people. I don't call that censorship, I call that being civilised.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:24 am

sassy1261 wrote:

Sorry Drinky, yesterday was a very difficult day for me personally and I was not amused to see you and Fred trying to stir it up. Yes, I had a sense of humour failure over this, probably because we are trying very hard to make everyone as comfortable as possible on here. I know on ADO you get into a pattern of goading and being abusive, I'm not just talking about you, I'm talking about everyone, myself included when I was on it, and it drags you down to the lowest common denominator. I'm not trying to be clever, or condescending or anything like, I despised what I became on ADO and have no wish to see it carried on over here. When I first came on forums I was happy, chatty, happy to argue the toss with no ill feeling, and took everyone at face value. My time on ADO changed all that. I saw some very nasty people and ended up as back biting as they were, simply to survive. Thats not what we want here. Personally I want to get back to me, and I want people who come on here to feel relaxed and happy. That is our only rule, discuss what you want, have any view you want, but do not personally abusive or goad people. I don't call that censorship, I call that being civilised.




Point taken but arguments can be put with passion and are sometimes heated. A little ribbing of the opposite number is also effective. Again I cite the Blimp reference. It isn't rude to do that it introduces humour, yes at my expense, but it is a completely legitimate tool.

Trying to tone it down too much makes a debating forum like having a party in a reference library with everybody shushing you all the time. I admit to being a little ascerbic at times but God knows I go the extra mile to put my case over. I get RSI giving fact after fact in support.

Apply too much control debate is sterile or at best only really chit chat or nodding dogs. That isn't a debating forum thats a hairdressers waiting room.



Cheers.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:27 am

Amusing to see that the Stereotypical Loony left attitude of a humourless existence is still alive and kicking among some on here. Life is for living and enjoying. A smile is much better than a frown and a good laugh can work wonders. To try and deny others the right to enjoy this forum and to have a bit of fun in the process is just like the communist ideals of the USSR. I'm all for members having a joke at each other's expense on any forum because it is only a forum - it has nothing to do with real life.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:34 am

fred bloggs wrote:Amusing to see that the Stereotypical Loony left attitude of a humourless existence is still alive and kicking among some on here. Life is for living and enjoying. A smile is much better than a frown and a good laugh can work wonders. To try and deny others the right to enjoy this forum and to have a bit of fun in the process is just like the communist ideals of the USSR. I'm all for members having a joke at each other's expense on any forum because it is only a forum - it has nothing to do with real life.

Well said Fred, we all look forward to you loosening your stays and regaling us all with your humour Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:32 am

H20 wrote:



Point taken but arguments can be put with passion and are sometimes heated. A little ribbing of the opposite number is also effective. Again I cite the Blimp reference. It isn't rude to do that it introduces humour, yes at my expense, but it is a completely legitimate tool.

Trying to tone it down too much makes a debating forum like having a party in a reference library with everybody shushing you all the time. I admit to being a little ascerbic at times but God knows I go the extra mile to put my case over. I get RSI giving fact after fact in support.

Apply too much control debate is sterile or at best only really chit chat or nodding dogs. That isn't a debating forum thats a hairdressers waiting room.



Cheers.

Ribbing is great, just have to know where to draw the line, after all, thats what grown ups do, humour is the best weapon and makes for great debating. You don't have to tone it down Drinky, just be cleverer than having to resort to abuse.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The most helpful thing this forum did.

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:36 am

fred bloggs wrote:Amusing to see that the Stereotypical Loony left attitude of a humourless existence is still alive and kicking among some on here. Life is for living and enjoying. A smile is much better than a frown and a good laugh can work wonders. To try and deny others the right to enjoy this forum and to have a bit of fun in the process is just like the communist ideals of the USSR. I'm all for members having a joke at each other's expense on any forum because it is only a forum - it has nothing to do with real life.

Are you still going on about that old chestnut Fred? Reality is that humour is encouraged, but being intelligent enough to tell the difference between humour and goading is expected. Seren will find it highly amusing you think she is a lefty, as she was the one who specifically set up this forum so people could enjoy debating without abuse. Seren as a commie, now that is funny!!! Very Happy lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum