Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:55 pm

The start of the end of English Culture! Sad

Remember this date, as you can tell your children, this is the date that you sold their Heritage down the River! Sad

http://bnp.org.uk/news/cockneys-have-become-first-british-group-be-ethnically-cleansed

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:53 am

MrDoodles wrote:The start of the end of English Culture! Sad

Remember this date, as you can tell your children, this is the date that you sold their Heritage down the River! Sad

http://bnp.org.uk/news/cockneys-have-become-first-british-group-be-ethnically-cleansed

Morning Mr D... Very Happy

Sorry, this has made me laugh and completely pants, I know and go to London often, yes there are some areas of east london that have many immigrants, but they are vastly in the minority for the whole area.
I do wonder at some of the news reports from the BNP at times and can only do themselves more harm than good.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:09 am

Phildidge wrote:

Morning Mr D... Very Happy

Sorry, this has made me laugh and completely pants, I know and go to London often, yes there are some areas of east london that have many immigrants, but they are vastly in the minority for the whole area.
I do wonder at some of the news reports from the BNP at times and can only do themselves more harm than good.

So no doubt your pleased about this Multicultural "victory" then? Question

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:23 am

Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

cor blimey govnah Exclamation

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:38 am

MrDoodles wrote:

So no doubt your pleased about this Multicultural "victory" then? Question


There is no victory, maybe you should hear some of the people around the area talk, no matter what their background they end up with the accent, mainly from growing up in the local schools, have you not heard asians with a scottish, Yorkshire, Scouser accent, I have, so the story is a bit of a non-starter really.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:42 am

According to that report I'd better tell my cockney mates they are classed as elderly. Having just turned 30, they'll love that.

Phil, the Asian/Glasgow is one of the best accents I've ever heard.

The truth is accents change over time anyway so this no different to what has been going on anyway.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:00 am

So 500 years of Heritage goes down the drain and we just call it "change"! Sad

No wonder this Country's going down the tubes! Sad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:07 am

It isn't heritage Mr D, as much as people try to say otherwise the cockney accent has been changing over these years, as have all accents.

There are still plenty of cockneys (White, Black and Asian), this is just scaremongering.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:08 am

I'm the king wrote:According to that report I'd better tell my cockney mates they are classed as elderly. Having just turned 30, they'll love that.

Phil, the Asian/Glasgow is one of the best accents I've ever heard.

The truth is accents change over time anyway so this no different to what has been going on anyway.

My point exactly, most of Ashford where I live is 75% chav talk, from the spill over of Londoners moving down here, me included, but luckily I don't have or talk like a chav.
I love the scottish and Irish accents, is even funnier when they speak fast, I get in a boggle when I go over to Ireland and listen to some of my relatives, seems to speed up as the drink flows.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:14 am

Living in England now, my Scottish accent get stronger with a beer. Where I grew up every town had a different accent, so different you could hardly understand someone living 20 miles away

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi folks. Yes accents do change. Years ago it would have been a very slow change but these days, with everyone moving around all over the country, accents are disappearing quickly. I was brought up in Suffolk and Norfolk where the local accents were very rurally strong, I couldn't understand my own grandmother when she got going in good old Norfolk. But now? It is mostly the middle and older aged locals who still have an accent.

Phil, you said you often go through, or to, London. Have you gone through Stratford, Mile End Road, Whitechapel and Aldgate lately? When we've gone that way we've played the game 'Spot the White Man.' I kid you not, there aren't many in that area now.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:55 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi folks. Yes accents do change. Years ago it would have been a very slow change but these days, with everyone moving around all over the country, accents are disappearing quickly. I was brought up in Suffolk and Norfolk where the local accents were very rurally strong, I couldn't understand my own grandmother when she got going in good old Norfolk. But now? It is mostly the middle and older aged locals who still have an accent.

Phil, you said you often go through, or to, London. Have you gone through Stratford, Mile End Road, Whitechapel and Aldgate lately? When we've gone that way we've played the game 'Spot the White Man.' I kid you not, there aren't many in that area now.

Yes Stardesk, often go to Stratford, but London is fastly bigger than these very small areas, not bothered if a person is white or not, and I have walked around Aldgate plenty of times, what are you getting at here, whether they are asian or African, West Indian?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:24 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi folks. Yes accents do change. Years ago it would have been a very slow change but these days, with everyone moving around all over the country, accents are disappearing quickly. I was brought up in Suffolk and Norfolk where the local accents were very rurally strong, I couldn't understand my own grandmother when she got going in good old Norfolk. But now? It is mostly the middle and older aged locals who still have an accent.

Phil, you said you often go through, or to, London. Have you gone through Stratford, Mile End Road, Whitechapel and Aldgate lately? When we've gone that way we've played the game 'Spot the White Man.' I kid you not, there aren't many in that area now.

Hi Star,

Living in Norfolk now, I can assure you that the Norfolk accent is as strong as ever, except in Norwich were it has been watered down by incomers (like me)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:21 pm

I'm the king wrote:

Hi Star,

Living in Norfolk now, I can assure you that the Norfolk accent is as strong as ever, except in Norwich were it has been watered down by incomers (like me)

Spent a lot of my life in Norfolk and my mum and dad live there. There are people with a strong accent and some with none at all. When I lived there when younger there were a lot of people I knew that I never had a clue what they were talking about!!! My brother and his family have lived in Newcastle for years. He and his wife have a very slight accent, but my nephew and neice are really strong gordie and sometimes I have to get them to repeat things, but I love the accent.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:16 pm

I must admit I haven't been for a while but whatever the truth is I can say honestly that I don't often see the issue so politely discussed.

Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Posts : 213
Join date : 2011-02-14

http://electricsky.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:22 pm

Admin, take a pat on the back for running a nice clean, tidy ship with lots of pleasant people on board.

Phil, they're mostly Asian in East London, the West Indians settled in South London, such as Brixton, Tooting, Balham. I wasn't being rude about not seeing a white face, just factual.

King, yes our dialect is still strong in the smaller towns and villages, but people moving in from other Cities, such a sLondon, may well dilute the accent after some time. Such a shame really because Norfolk, like the West Country, has a beautiful accent. (bewtiful, as we promounce it)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:31 am

stardesk wrote:Admin, take a pat on the back for running a nice clean, tidy ship with lots of pleasant people on board.

Phil, they're mostly Asian in East London, the West Indians settled in South London, such as Brixton, Tooting, Balham. I wasn't being rude about not seeing a white face, just factual.

King, yes our dialect is still strong in the smaller towns and villages, but people moving in from other Cities, such a sLondon, may well dilute the accent after some time. Such a shame really because Norfolk, like the West Country, has a beautiful accent. (bewtiful, as we promounce it)


Think you are a bit out of date stardesk, maybe 30 years ago Brixton ect were predominatly west Indian/Irish ect, I know I grew up there, now it is quite different, most West Indians are third generation born here and live all over London, loads of Yuppies moved into Brixton clapham, where the properties are huge and changed the areas.
Yes there are areas of Est London that have quite a few areas, again I think this is only in certain areas not the whole of East London, but have you not spoken to any, as many have cockney or Chavy accents.
The only area where I have ever felt like the only white person was southall.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi Phil. Yes indeed I'm a bit out of date, and out of touch. It's a long time since I went that way and I suppose it's all changed.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cockneys Have Become First British Group To Be Ethnically Cleansed

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum