Boring Conference 2011 Sells Out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boring Conference 2011 Sells Out

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Excitement As Boring London Event Sells Out

3:31pm UK, Saturday November 19, 2011

A conference on boredom has got off to an exciting start by becoming a sell-out.
Boring 2011 is being held in London, with organiser James Ward taking charge for the second year.

His aim is to look at the dull side of life and topics include electric hand-dryers, square roots and a man who kept a list of everything he ate over the past year.

He considers the devil - or boredom - is in the detail and sees the subject as a positive, rather than a negative and something that counteracts the aggressive "must-have" culture of the 21st century.

Mr Ward sees boredom as a social positive and a counter-culture to the noisy, attention-demanding world of modern media and advertising.

He did admit to being a little concerned that the 400-strong audience might start to find some subjects more interesting than intended.

"Once you start to examine anything... be it toilets, hand-dryers or even idle chat - when you really inspect those things it's difficult for them not to become the most fascinating subjects in the world," he told Sky News.

"Therein lies the dilemma."

http://news.sky.com/home/strange-news/article/16113515

Rolling

I just love eccentrics!

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring Conference 2011 Sells Out

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Shocked how.......exciting cyclops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:07 pm

sassy1261 wrote:Excitement As Boring London Event Sells Out

3:31pm UK, Saturday November 19, 2011

A conference on boredom has got off to an exciting start by becoming a sell-out.
Boring 2011 is being held in London, with organiser James Ward taking charge for the second year.

His aim is to look at the dull side of life and topics include electric hand-dryers, square roots and a man who kept a list of everything he ate over the past year.

He considers the devil - or boredom - is in the detail and sees the subject as a positive, rather than a negative and something that counteracts the aggressive "must-have" culture of the 21st century.

Mr Ward sees boredom as a social positive and a counter-culture to the noisy, attention-demanding world of modern media and advertising.

He did admit to being a little concerned that the 400-strong audience might start to find some subjects more interesting than intended.

"Once you start to examine anything... be it toilets, hand-dryers or even idle chat - when you really inspect those things it's difficult for them not to become the most fascinating subjects in the world," he told Sky News.

"Therein lies the dilemma."

http://news.sky.com/home/strange-news/article/16113515

Rolling

I just love eccentrics!

Actually he may have something here! I went on a course recently and one of the things I took away was that to get more out of your life all you have to do is pay more attention. Just that, pay more attention to what is happening around you, the people you meet etc.

I've been trying to do that and they are right. Not an easy feat for someone who spends most of her life on Planet Feelthelove lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Actually he may have something here! I went on a course recently and one of the things I took away was that to get more out of your life all you have to do is pay more attention. Just that, pay more attention to what is happening around you, the people you meet etc.

I've been trying to do that and they are right. Not an easy feat for someone who spends most of her life on Planet Feelthelove lol!

Planet Feelthelove or a hand dryer, no contest dear! (the hand dryer does not win). Paying attention is one thing, writing down everything you eat for a year! Think of the time spent on that and what he could have done with it. Come on a forum and write a load of twaddle for a start!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:27 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Planet Feelthelove or a hand dryer, no contest dear! (the hand dryer does not win). Paying attention is one thing, writing down everything you eat for a year! Think of the time spent on that and what he could have done with it. Come on a forum and write a load of twaddle for a start!

lol! You are welcome on my Planet anytime Sassy x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:29 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

lol! You are welcome on my Planet anytime Sassy x

Well thanks, we will take a little spin in it! What with Angel's wings and your planet we are very astral!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top