A week in India...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A week in India...

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:09 pm

A small few of the more 'wild' shots from my week in India (hope no one takes exception...)

On the highway:

Health and safety anyone?

When you gotta go you gotta go:

It's the guy getting off at the next stop I feel sorry for...

Make way people!

Life in the slow lane:

Back to top Go down

Re: A week in India...

Post by SEXY MAMA on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:23 pm

They are BRILLIANT Les its how i remember India lol!

Regarding the first one how do they breathe so cramped up????

The one with the motorbike i sat like that once and it was horrible especially on the bumps so i refused to sit like that agian!
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:43 pm

It just looks dangerous lol

You know I saw others who actually had up to 3 small children on the bike as well Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:58 pm

eilzel wrote:It just looks dangerous lol

You know I saw others who actually had up to 3 small children on the bike as well Shocked

Can you image sending a 'Elf and Safety' officer over there on holiday! Smelling salts would be required!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:10 pm

eilzel wrote:It just looks dangerous lol

I once had a chance to go to India FREE!!!! for 6 weeks. I was in my early twenties. It was to be paid for by The Round Circle. They sponsored a young man every year to visit another country. My boss a member of the Circle nominated me out of many more from the North West for a trip to Melbourne Australia for 6 weeks. We had to do several presentations to various groups to demonstrate why each of us should go. Our commitment if we won was to travel around the North west delivering a presentation on the outcomes.

I came second out of a large field for the trip to Australia but they decided due to the excellent presentations that year there should be a second prize to India. That lucky man was me.

Now the bad part I was so gutted at missing the trip to Australia I turned the trip to India down. What a Dodo you might say, and you would be right.

I'm sure the poverty must have got to you though. 1 Billion plus people is unsustainable and no signs of a reversal in population rise. I bet you were fascinated every step of the way though Eilzel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:18 pm

H20 wrote:

I once had a chance to go to India FREE!!!! for 6 weeks. I was in my early twenties. It was to be paid for by The Round Circle. They sponsored a young man every year to visit another country. My boss a member of the Circle nominated me out of many more from the North West for a trip to Melbourne Australia for 6 weeks. We had to do several presentations to various groups to demonstrate why each of us should go. Our commitment if we won was to travel around the North west delivering a presentation on the outcomes.

I came second out of a large field for the trip to Australia but they decided due to the excellent presentations that year there should be a second prize to India. That lucky man was me.

Now the bad part I was so gutted at missing the trip to Australia I turned the trip to India down. What a Dodo you might say, and you would be right.

I'm sure the poverty must have got to you though. 1 Billion plus people is unsustainable and no signs of a reversal in population rise. I bet you were fascinated every step of the way though Eilzel.

Oh dear H20, what a mistake Shocked lol!

Yes it was absolutely fascinating in every way. As I said earlier though, the poverty is everywhere so you become 'desensitized' after a while for the most of it; though certainly develop an appreciation of what they go through and what we have here. There was some areas that were extreme though; seeing whole families huddled by the road side in an evening and in tents was hard to stomach. The gulf between rich and poor is immense there. Seeing life this way makes me so angry every time I hear people talking about so-called 'poverty' in the UK...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Sounds like you had a great time Eilzel - I'm jealous, India is always a place I would have liked to visit. Couldn't go though, my wife has a fear of snakes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:45 pm

fred bloggs wrote:Sounds like you had a great time Eilzel - I'm jealous, India is always a place I would have liked to visit. Couldn't go though, my wife has a fear of snakes.

You know now you mention it I didn't see any wild snakes. Only a cobra in a basket (with a lousy snake charmer lol) and python round one guys neck.

Incidentally, I could have added a Tiger Safari but chose not to; the right choice possibly since 2 people I spoke to at the airport had been on safaris, and neither had seen tigers- a sad sign of the current state of tiger preservation in India I fear Neutral

Hopefully you will convince your wife someday Fred Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:45 pm

fred bloggs wrote:Sounds like you had a great time Eilzel - I'm jealous, India is always a place I would have liked to visit. Couldn't go though, my wife has a fear of snakes.

I love snakes but Im terrified of spiders, still cant believe I lived in Australia for a year!
Great Pics xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Nems Again wrote:

I love snakes but Im terrified of spiders, still cant believe I lived in Australia for a year!
Great Pics xx

Thanks. I'm exactly the same regarding snakes and spiders- I couldn't live in Australia I don't think, I'd end up being scared of my own shadow- how can one country be home to so many damned dangerous animals?! Must have been cool living so far away for a while though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Wow it looks as though you had an fantastic experience Eilzel cheers

Please share more of your photo's with us when you can x

It's amazing how many people people can get on a moped isn't it? I think the record I've seen is 4 up in Cuba and one even transporting a fridge affraid

Health and safety has yet to reach these kinds of areas lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Les when i was in Pakistan i saw 7 yes 7 one motor bike 2 adults and 5 kids.
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:31 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Les when i was in Pakistan i saw 7 yes 7 one motor bike 2 adults and 5 kids.

They don't think anything of it either Sexy lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

They don't think anything of it either Sexy lol!

Ha ha ha so true FTL.
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:17 am

Feelthelove wrote:Wow it looks as though you had an fantastic experience Eilzel cheers

Please share more of your photo's with us when you can x

It's amazing how many people people can get on a moped isn't it? I think the record I've seen is 4 up in Cuba and one even transporting a fridge affraid

Health and safety has yet to reach these kinds of areas lol!

Wow FtL Cuba is one country I really would love to see one day sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:54 pm

eilzel wrote:

Wow FtL Cuba is one country I really would love to see one day sunny

Cuba is an amazing country Eilzel, I've been lucky enough to go a few times. Of all the people I've met abroad the Cubans are the most friendly I've come across. They have very little but never seem to complain. Well educated. The crime rate is less than 1%. One of my favourite places and it's not hugely expensive to go there either. I'm glad that I was able to go before it changes and I hope you do too cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:05 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Cuba is an amazing country Eilzel, I've been lucky enough to go a few times. Of all the people I've met abroad the Cubans are the most friendly I've come across. They have very little but never seem to complain. Well educated. The crime rate is less than 1%. One of my favourite places and it's not hugely expensive to go there either. I'm glad that I was able to go before it changes and I hope you do too cheers

That did make me giggle, Justanamericanangel and Maddog would have you believe that they are all desperate and killing each other!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:21 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

That did make me giggle, Justanamericanangel and Maddog would have you believe that they are all desperate and killing each other!

Honestly Sassy, they are the nicest people. So appreciative if you take things with you rather than money. It's very difficult for them to get hold of things. Pens, pencils, sweets for the children. Cosmetics and clothes. Hubby always gives them fishing equipment which they appreciate too cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Honestly Sassy, they are the nicest people. So appreciative if you take things with you rather than money. It's very difficult for them to get hold of things. Pens, pencils, sweets for the children. Cosmetics and clothes. Hubby always gives them fishing equipment which they appreciate too cheers

Just shows you don't have to have a lot to be nice! I'd love to go there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:58 pm

We shall have to call our FTLovely our Tour Guide. She can advise us so we avoid those 'odd' places Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Angel wrote:We shall have to call our FTLovely our Tour Guide. She can advise us so we avoid those 'odd' places Laughing

Would that mean I have to go on holiday more often Beautiful Angel???? Oh alright then, I'll take it on the chin x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Would that mean I have to go on holiday more often Beautiful Angel???? Oh alright then, I'll take it on the chin x

You have to do your duty..... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:38 pm

Angel wrote:

You have to do your duty..... lol!

OK as long as it's on a luxury basis, I'll leave Eilzel to those educational trips Very Happy x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

OK as long as it's on a luxury basis, I'll leave Eilzel to those educational trips Very Happy x

Upgrades all the way... lol!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top