Remote battery operated door bells!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Remote battery operated door bells!

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:09 pm

Has anyone else had a problem with these bloody things? They are a bloody nightmare!

They all seem to work on a similar frequency. Mad So if someone has bought the same model as you have, their door bell will ring and then it will also ring at your address with their choice of ring tone and visa versa! A neighbour over the road got one and he was able to change his frequency (as he had the instructions) Now there is someone else around here that has the same model as us....And we are getting 'Jingle bells' ringing every now and then! (Jeez all the melodies are crap, we have the best, the Big Ben chimes)...We can't identify which neighbour this is, we have looked outside!

Mad

Back to top Go down

Re: Remote battery operated door bells!

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:47 pm

OMG, that'll explain why ours kept ringing when there was nobody at the door!!!! We had to disconnect it as it kept playing silly tunes like 'Jingle Bells' every few minutes and it was sending us and our dogs round the bend!!!! Haha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:56 pm

Ding Dong wrote:OMG, that'll explain why ours kept ringing when there was nobody at the door!!!! We had to disconnect it as it kept playing silly tunes like 'Jingle Bells' every few minutes and it was sending us and our dogs round the bend!!!! Haha!

Well we have been quite perturbed! These people have ridiculous door chimes! Why would they have Jingle bells on? It isn't even Xmas yet!

lol! We have been taking out the batteries, but my new laptop is coming tomorrow, so we have to leave the batteries in! We were getting Jingle bells at 3.30AM yesterday! Must be a drugs den somewhere around here!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:39 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:46 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:37 am

nasty content removed S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:21 am

Compass wrote:

Well we have been quite perturbed! These people have ridiculous door chimes! Why would they have Jingle bells on? It isn't even Xmas yet!

lol! We have been taking out the batteries, but my new laptop is coming tomorrow, so we have to leave the batteries in! We were getting Jingle bells at 3.30AM yesterday! Must be a drugs den somewhere around here!

lol!

I had to take the batteries out of mine it was going off on its own all hours of the night!
Useless horrible crap things would never have another one, now I have the dog, she barks if someone is there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:53 am

Phil, all remote battery operated door chimes have dip switches in both the sender and the main unit. This is to solve the problem you described. Check your manual and set the chimes up for a different frequency via the dip switches and at the same time select the melody you prefer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Nems Again wrote:

I had to take the batteries out of mine it was going off on its own all hours of the night!
Useless horrible crap things would never have another one, now I have the dog, she barks if someone is there.

I'm taking the batteries out tonight. It's gone off twice today already! Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:38 pm

fred bloggs wrote:Phil, all remote battery operated door chimes have dip switches in both the sender and the main unit. This is to solve the problem you described. Check your manual and set the chimes up for a different frequency via the dip switches and at the same time select the melody you prefer.

I don't have the manual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:06 pm

I used to have one, it doesn't work now though. Great for avoiding unwanted guests who drop in unannounced Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Feelthelove wrote:I used to have one, it doesn't work now though. Great for avoiding unwanted guests who drop in unannounced Very Happy

lol! I've taken the batteries out. I'm only going to put them in when we are expecting someone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:20 pm

i am sick of mine it gi
goes of when it;s some one else's bellpush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:30 pm

tom sawyer wrote:
i am sick of mine it gi
goes of when it;s some one else's bellpush

lol! Tom, have you had a drink or two

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Not used to to it lol. went to see a couple of friends who used to call me out on breakdown of their machinery and have known them for approx 30 years
they have recently moved into a bigger premises, and the factory is massive
they work hard and play hard but ,if i ever needed something they were there for me, money cannot buy that sort of friendship, and yes i think i drunk to much , but what the hell you only live once x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:45 pm

tom sawyer wrote:Not used to to it lol. went to see a couple of friends who used to call me out on breakdown of their machinery and have known them for approx 30 years
they have recently moved into a bigger premises, and the factory is massive
they work hard and play hard but ,if i ever needed something they were there for me, money cannot buy that sort of friendship, and yes i think i drunk to much , but what the hell you only live once x

100% agree Smile I'm glad you've got such great friends xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:44 pm

Angel wrote:

100% agree Smile I'm glad you've got such great friends xx

Totally agree, those life long friends are very precious x

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top