Laptop is packing up

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:50 pm

David wrote:
Have you got something to tell us from personal experience? Laughing Laughing Laughing

You wish! Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:52 pm

Compass wrote:

Some people probably have a problem finding their dick as well as their home! lol!

at least it's not aid's ridden Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:54 pm

tom sawyer wrote:

at least it's not aid's ridden Smile

What, your house? How would you know, you cant find it?!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:55 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

You wish! Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:56 pm

no not the house

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:56 pm

I bought two refurbished laptops from a website for Students - both are excellent and they were CHEAP ! Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:03 pm

Angel wrote:I bought two refurbished laptops from a website for Students - both are excellent and they were CHEAP ! Smile

This new one was £299 but it was reduced from £549. When you have only one computer that could fail at anytime, you need to get a new one delivered ASAP.

I may be offline tomorrow, i'm going to let this one go into hibernation tonight, rather than to close it down as the new one isn't arriving until Friday morning affraid

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:05 pm

cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:10 pm

Compass wrote:

This new one was £299 but it was reduced from £549. When you have only one computer that could fail at anytime, you need to get a new one delivered ASAP.

I may be offline tomorrow, i'm going to let this one go into hibernation tonight, rather than to close it down as the new one isn't arriving until Friday morning affraid


How long have you had it ?
The ones I got for my girls cost £199 each, guaranteed and delivered next day.
If my own one fails ( affraid ) I can use one of theirs.... cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:19 pm

Angel wrote:


How long have you had it ?
The ones I got for my girls cost £199 each, guaranteed and delivered next day.
If my own one fails ( affraid ) I can use one of theirs.... cheers

Less than a year. Sad

I'm going to get it repaired under the guarantee, then i'm going to look into online gaming. Doug loves his Nintendo, so i'm going to give this one to him once it's fixed. Cool

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Compass wrote:

Less than a year. Sad

I'm going to get it repaired under the guarantee, then i'm going to look into online gaming. Doug loves his Nintendo, so i'm going to give this one to him once it's fixed. Cool


What sort of online gaming ? Poker ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 pm

Angel wrote:


What sort of online gaming ? Poker ?

lol! No nothing like that! I'm not into Nintendo, but he seems to like adventure games! Perhaps i should get him involved in that second life thing Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What does this mean?

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:36 pm

The red thing that goes around the thread icon?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by victorismyhero on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:17 pm

what causes HD failure...in a laptop...principally ...dropping the damn thing...bumping it around...especially when its reading/writing data.....Too much playing online games, which cause the same sectors to be written/rewritten far too many times.....
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2490
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:28 pm

victorismyhero wrote:what causes HD failure...in a laptop...principally ...dropping the damn thing...bumping it around...especially when its reading/writing data.....Too much playing online games, which cause the same sectors to be written/rewritten far too many times.....

My laptop has been in situ for the majority of it's life. I don't bang it around, and have a laptop case when i travel!

I have never played any online games on it! That will become it's next purpose though.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:32 pm

There isn't even much of the memory taken! I don't have a massive amount of files on it! I get my music from youtube, and rent films through lovefilm which we post back through the post box.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by victorismyhero on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Compass wrote:There isn't even much of the memory taken! I don't have a massive amount of files on it! I get my music from youtube, and rent films through lovefilm which we post back through the post box.


before you write it off...download and run...spybot SD......will find things even mcafee doesnt affraid
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2490
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 pm

victorismyhero wrote:


before you write it off...download and run...spybot SD......will find things even mcafee doesnt affraid

Thanks for that advice. I won't be binning it, it will be repaired under the guarantee then Doug will own it! (Until the new one goes wrong) then i will reclaim it until the new one gets fixed Cool

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:51 pm

victorismyhero wrote:


before you write it off...download and run...spybot SD......will find things even mcafee doesnt affraid


What's spybot ..?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by victorismyhero on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Angel wrote:


What's spybot ..?

Its a freeware program that will detect bots. cookies.viruses,trojans...etc etc...but by a differnt method to your usual virus checker....it quite often picks up stuff others miss...also you can "immunise your browser against the threats it knows about....Very good...use in conjunction with your virus checker.......
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2490
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

Its a freeware program that will detect bots. cookies.viruses,trojans...etc etc...but by a differnt method to your usual virus checker....it quite often picks up stuff others miss...also you can "immunise your browser against the threats it knows about....Very good...use in conjunction with your virus checker.......


I might give it a go...thanks. Smile
Hope it's not like that AVG thingy though....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:14 pm

Angel wrote:


I might give it a go...thanks. Smile
Hope it's not like that AVG thingy though....

I have AVG! affraid

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by victorismyhero on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Compass wrote:

I have AVG! affraid


Oh Dear............. Sheep Flu
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2490
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Compass wrote:

I have AVG! affraid


AVG slowwwwws down everything..... Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Laptop is packing up

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 pm

victorismyhero wrote:


Oh Dear............. Sheep Flu

Are you having an affair?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum