Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:38 pm

it does seem a problem with some people if homosexuality is a sin, I believe the bible says it is but as all sin if you turn away from that sin you can still enter in to the kingdom of God.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Does it really matter what the bible says? Its a book written an awfully long time ago.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:01 pm

elektrafied wrote:it does seem a problem with some people if homosexuality is a sin, I believe the bible says it is but as all sin if you turn away from that sin you can still enter in to the kingdom of God.


So what are you saying???

That NOTHING is a sin?

One can enter the kingdom of God doing as one pleases?
avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1169
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:14 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:


So what are you saying???

That NOTHING is a sin?

One can enter the kingdom of God doing as one pleases?

the bible unlike the koran does accept that turning away from sin and accepting Jesus as Your Lord and Saviour attones for all your sins but the turning away in other words stop doing the sin, in this case homosexuality is an essential part.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:15 pm

elektrafied wrote:

the bible unlike the koran does accept that turning away from sin and accepting Jesus as Your Lord and Saviour attones for all your sins but the turning away in other words stop doing the sin, in this case homosexuality is an essential part.

So does the Quran!

Are you saying If a homosexual stops being one and asks for forgiveness they can enter Heaven? yes?
avatar
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Posts : 1169
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:19 pm

to my knowledge every believer stands before your God and is judged for their behaviour, which includes praying, paying their tithes etc
martyrdom is the only guaranteed way to paradise, which is why islam has a problem with suicde bombers.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:33 pm

elektrafied wrote:to my knowledge every believer stands before your God and is judged for their behaviour, which includes praying, paying their tithes etc
martyrdom is the only guaranteed way to paradise, which is why islam has a problem with suicde bombers.

Martyrdom is the only guaranteed way to paradise, which means dying in the cause of islam, suicide bombing though goes against islamic teaching as is it against killing innocent people, so if you believe in islam, they would not get to paradise.

As to homosexuality in the bible, there is much confusing over the translation and the context in the bible, one thing it does not say is in regards to women being with women, maybe on account the bible is very sexist.
if you read the bible though carefully David was in love with Jonathan and not the friendship kind, as he states he loved him more than any woman, so if it is against the bible to be homosexual, yahweh seems to be okay with some indulging and being gay, I think you will find that many of these early works were written by men and at the time was seen by them to be wrong and not the works of some diety, which is evident from the contradiction!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Phildidge wrote:

Martyrdom is the only guaranteed way to paradise, which means dying in the cause of islam, suicide bombing though goes against islamic teaching as is it against killing innocent people, so if you believe in islam, they would not get to paradise.

As to homosexuality in the bible, there is much confusing over the translation and the context in the bible, one thing it does not say is in regards to women being with women, maybe on account the bible is very sexist.
if you read the bible though carefully David was in love with Jonathan and not the friendship kind, as he states he loved him more than any woman, so if it is against the bible to be homosexual, yahweh seems to be okay with some indulging and being gay, I think you will find that many of these early works were written by men and at the time was seen by them to be wrong and not the works of some diety, which is evident from the contradiction!

You have made good points didge especially the one higlighted in red.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:12 pm

It certainly condemns Male homosexuality at various points. But as didge has pointed out there are a plethora of contradictions within the scripture and almost nothing of female homosexuality.

I couldn't care les though whether it is or not; since apparently a mass murderer can find grace and be saved by good ol JC as long as he sincerely accepts the truth of God and promises never to sin again (and even if he does he can promise again).

Since the Bible offers nothing to make me think it is remotely true, I wont lose too much sleep over it though; and the story of David and Johnathan is lovely Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:15 pm

eilzel wrote:It certainly condemns Male homosexuality at various points. But as didge has pointed out there are a plethora of contradictions within the scripture and almost nothing of female homosexuality.

I couldn't care les though whether it is or not; since apparently a mass murderer can find grace and be saved by good ol JC as long as he sincerely accepts the truth of God and promises never to sin again (and even if he does he can promise again).

Since the Bible offers nothing to make me think it is remotely true, I wont lose too much sleep over it though; and the story of David and Johnathan is lovely Very Happy
I like this story too. The ones who were writing the Bible could not change it study

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:57 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

So does the Quran!

Are you saying If a homosexual stops being one and asks for forgiveness they can enter Heaven? yes?

yes they can but like all sin they must repent and want to change and stop doing the sin... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Phildidge wrote:

Martyrdom is the only guaranteed way to paradise, which means dying in the cause of islam, suicide bombing though goes against islamic teaching as is it against killing innocent people, so if you believe in islam, they would not get to paradise.

As to homosexuality in the bible, there is much confusing over the translation and the context in the bible, one thing it does not say is in regards to women being with women, maybe on account the bible is very sexist.
if you read the bible though carefully David was in love with Jonathan and not the friendship kind, as he states he loved him more than any woman, so if it is against the bible to be homosexual, yahweh seems to be okay with some indulging and being gay, I think you will find that many of these early works were written by men and at the time was seen by them to be wrong and not the works of some diety, which is evident from the contradiction!

there is no confusion at all, just excuses that some gays would make, it states quite clearly that no homosexual will find the kingdom of God..
it is like all other sin you must repent, turn away from it, if you have no intentions of stopping being gay you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:02 pm

David wrote:
I like this story too. The ones who were writing the Bible could not change it study

quite incorrect both gays and lesbians are clearly told they are sinning, if they repent they can be saved...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:03 pm

eilzel wrote:It certainly condemns Male homosexuality at various points. But as didge has pointed out there are a plethora of contradictions within the scripture and almost nothing of female homosexuality.

I couldn't care les though whether it is or not; since apparently a mass murderer can find grace and be saved by good ol JC as long as he sincerely accepts the truth of God and promises never to sin again (and even if he does he can promise again).

Since the Bible offers nothing to make me think it is remotely true, I wont lose too much sleep over it though; and the story of David and Johnathan is lovely Very Happy

as I have just said there is no contradictions it is made clear homosexuals either gay or lesbians are sinning and need to repent... Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:05 pm

elektrafied wrote:

quite incorrect both gays and lesbians are clearly told they are sinning, if they repent they can be saved...
That is your opinion but JC said that he loved everyone and evryone should love everyone scratch
I think that some just pick from the Bible what suits Read

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:06 pm

elektrafied wrote:it does seem a problem with some people if homosexuality is a sin, I believe the bible says it is but as all sin if you turn away from that sin you can still enter in to the kingdom of God.

lots of penguins are homosexual? do they get to go to heaven too?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Seren wrote:

lots of penguins are homosexual? do they get to go to heaven too?
#
Yes if they turn away from that sin...

Hang in there Hang in there

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:11 pm

David wrote:
That is your opinion but JC said that he loved everyone and evryone should love everyone scratch
I think that some just pick from the Bible what suits Read

lol...so you think when Jesus said you brood of vipers to the pharisees and sadducees he was being nice, don't make the mistake of thinking because God is love he is not a righteous Judge.... Very Happy


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:16 pm

elektrafied wrote:

lol...so you think when Jesus said you brood of vipers to the pharisees and sadducees he was being nice, don't make the mistake of thinking because God is love he is not a righteous Judge.... Very Happy

3 Hail Marys and everything is forgiven. Read

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:17 pm

elektrafied wrote:

lol...so you think when Jesus said you brood of vipers to the pharisees and sadducees he was being nice, don't make the mistake of thinking because God is love he is not a righteous Judge.... Very Happy


there is not a god in the way you mean though, the planet was here for billions of years before the atmosphere cooled and stabilised enough for aerobic organisms to develop and still millions of years of that stability before apes began to emerge into home sapiens.

various religions have evolved but out of ancestor worship, at first modern humans were cannibals but evolved later into burying their dead safely away from predators

it was this practice that initiated religions millenia ago

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:18 pm

David wrote:
3 Hail Marys and everything is forgiven. Read

lol...thats man forgiving you not God... Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:19 pm

elektrafied wrote:

lol...thats man forgiving you not God... Very Happy
Erm a priest is the rep of JC. You know 3 in 1, 1 in 3 Read

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Seren wrote:

there is not a god in the way you mean though, the planet was here for billions of years before the atmosphere cooled and stabilised enough for aerobic organisms to develop and still millions of years of that stability before apes began to emerge into home sapiens.

various religions have evolved but out of ancestor worship, at first modern humans were cannibals but evolved later into burying their dead safely away from predators

it was this practice that initiated religions millenia ago

mmmm...would you care to explain how the universe, this planet and life started.... Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:21 pm

David wrote:
Erm a priest is the rep of JC. You know 3 in 1, 1 in 3 Read

lol...a priest cannot forgive your sins....you need to accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour if you want forgiveness of sins but you must repent which means you must want to stop doing the sin s you are doing... Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Does the bible class homosexuality as sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:22 pm

elektrafied wrote:

lol...a priest cannot forgive your sins....you need to accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour if you want forgiveness of sins but you must repent which means you must want to stop doing the sin s you are doing... Very Happy
You are obviously not Catholic Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum