is college what it is cracked up to be

View previous topic View next topic Go down

is college what it is cracked up to be

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Many of our true entrepreneur's seem to have made it on their own with out the use of places like Oxford /Cambridge . and the many other universities, i never really had the chance to go to college, although i been to
Oxford campus and Cambridge sat down with others having lunch in the grounds, and dreaming what it would have been like to have gone to a school like that with the beautiful architecture the spires, and the Madeline
chapel organ with the canon in d major being played in the background . Yes i can dream of what it would have been like.

but have i really missed out on a lot, i have a lovely wife and kids ,but i wish she would stop farting
as it can get really embarrassing,although she thinks it funny lol, any way back on track, has not going to
a college put me at a disadvantage, or is it being in the right place at the right time or is who you know and not what you know, so many factors come into the equation. So many people seem to have made it to the top with out the need of further education Alan sugar/ John Lennon a prime example, so is college what it is cracked up to be, or is the college of life the way to go. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Re: is college what it is cracked up to be

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Entrepeneurs are exceptions; hence most people are not one. Lennon was a popstar and again, these are rarityies.

Imo a good education helps directly or not- it is always there for you and will give you something in bad times others have not and something in good times to show as many potential employers as possible.

That said is not necceesarily a disadvantage not to have one. Skills in certain areas can be just as useful, and for some (those lucky people) just having confidence and the ability to talk to whoever can get them wherever they want to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Some people are just brainy some aquire knowledge by going to places like uni and college.

SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:35 pm

eilzel wrote:Entrepeneurs are exceptions; hence most people are not one. Lennon was a popstar and again, these are rarityies.

Imo a good education helps directly or not- it is always there for you and will give you something in bad times others have not and something in good times to show as many potential employers as possible.

That said is not necceesarily a disadvantage not to have one. Skills in certain areas can be just as useful, and for some (those lucky people) just having confidence and the ability to talk to whoever can get them wherever they want to be.

Can you believe this eilzel i took a English test the other day and flunked it.After all the bloody typing and reading other peoples post,s after all the years i have have spent on SKY/ A DIFF OPINION/ ELECTRIC SKY.
what a shit have i learnt nothing lol Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:39 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Some people are just brainy some aquire knowledge by going to places like uni and college.

when i was taking the English test i was wishing i had Eilzel or David or other poster to whisper in my ear it was straight of the cuff and never had time to do any studying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:40 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Some people are just brainy some aquire knowledge by going to places like uni and college.

if they were that brainy would there be a need for them to go?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:59 pm

tom sawyer wrote:

Can you believe this eilzel i took a English test the other day and flunked it.After all the bloody typing and reading other peoples post,s after all the years i have have spent on SKY/ A DIFF OPINION/ ELECTRIC SKY.
what a shit have i learnt nothing lol Rolling Eyes

What was the test for?

Tbf, going off your posts, your English isn't brilliant- but does that really matter in what you do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:02 pm

Tom, never regret what you've not done, look at what you've achieved.

Just remember if you want to broaden your mind....

Upon the shelves of our libraries, the world’s greatest teachers await our questions....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:07 pm

Angel wrote:Tom, never regret what you've not done, look at what you've achieved.

Just remember if you want to broaden your mind....

Upon the shelves of our libraries, the world’s greatest teachers await our questions....

Now ain't that the truth girl. The more books you devour, the wider your vocabulary becomes, and there is so much you can teach yourself just sat on the shelves waiting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:00 pm

eilzel wrote:

What was the test for?

Tbf, going off your posts, your English isn't brilliant- but does that really matter in what you do?

the test was for a teaching role roll at my local college, only part time though, i feel i could have been a
asset to teaching the kids in electrical/engineering/ automation and drives,
i have always been good at my job and in all the years i have dealt with different company's and got them out
the shit, the only writing i need to do was reports/ maintenance plans./ invoices
work at the min is getting shit, and i thought i would try a different avenue .
funny enough i did start trying to brush up on my grammar a while ago but i just lost interest, i am more hands on i think, i used to do a lot of theory but in real-life situations i very hardly used it, in the end it just boiled down to common sense Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top