Jail Terms For Dog Fighting Father And Son

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jail Terms For Dog Fighting Father And Son

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:17 pm

A father and son said to have been obsessed by the "sickening" spectacle of dog fighting have been sent to prison.

Ian Draper, 47, from Burford and Danny Draper, 25, from Witney admitted a string of charges involving the training of dogs with the intention of entering them into brutal fights.

Ian Draper was sentenced to a total of 20 weeks in prison and handed a lifetime ban on owning dogs. His son was banned from keeping dogs for 15 years and jailed for 12 weeks.

Magistrates in Swindon heard that bull-terrier type dogs were found at their homes, chained up and being trained on treadmills. A video was seized showing two dogs locked in a vicious fight. RSPCA inspectors also found dogs in an emaciated condition.

Other footage seized showed Danny Draper, filmed by his father, on a trip to a premises in Bulgaria where dogs were kept for fighting.

Chief Inspector Mike Butcher of the RSPCA's special operations unit said: "These men are obsessed with dog fighting, as shown by the distances they were prepared to travel across Europe to pursue their interests. However, the simple fact is that dog fighting is one of the most extreme, deliberate and premeditated forms of animal cruelty the RSPCA investigates."

He believes that some people may be surprised that the world of dog fighting still exists.

Footage showed the pair on a trip to Bulgaria to look at dogs

Ian Draper was already subject to a 10-year ban on keeping dogs, following a previous dog fighting conviction.

Chief Inspector Butcher added: "The sight of two dogs ripping each other apart would leave any right minded person sickened. "This case just goes to prove that organised animal crime spreads far and wide and we will not shy away from bringing those responsible to court."

At an earlier hearing District Judge Simon Cooper told the Drapers: "You took part in this vile and barbaric sport of dog fighting, the full horror of which has been, lain before me."

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16093051

Unbelievable

What pleasure could be gained from watching dogs tear each other apart No

Back to top Go down

Re: Jail Terms For Dog Fighting Father And Son

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:31 pm

To answer that, you'd have to get 'inside' the mind of the type of character that gets some perverted pleasure from that barbaric 'sport' Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Evil twisted bastards. Weeks in prison?! Disgraceful. I would have thrown away the key.

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:01 pm

I would have locked em in a room chained to one of those dogs
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:13 pm

victorismyhero wrote:I would have locked em in a room chained to one of those dogs

Victor style justice cheers x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:23 pm

victorismyhero wrote:I would have locked em in a room chained to one of those dogs

I'll go with that Victor, the animals in the story walked on two legs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Child abusers get away with less, they should have been jailed and I fully support that. They woud have been making bung from gambling on the results too.

They're sick but you can't change the kind of sickness that think it is fun to harm animals who should be pets.

Off to hug my puppy, adorable, soft, Staffie Cross.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Class wrote:Child abusers get away with less, they should have been jailed and I fully support that. They woud have been making bung from gambling on the results too.

They're sick but you can't change the kind of sickness that think it is fun to harm animals who should be pets.

Off to hug my puppy, adorable, soft, Staffie Cross.

Aww I love staffies, I had 2, what's he crossed with and how has nutty taken to him?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Nems Again wrote:

Aww I love staffies, I had 2, what's he crossed with and how has nutty taken to him?!

The RSPCA say she is crossed with a rabbit or a gremlin. To get it you'd have to see the pics of her, she has such a long neck.

Nutty has taken to living on higher ground, windsills being his favourite. One of my other cats just hisses and bats her.

It's cat wars. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top