Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:36 pm

tom sawyer wrote:
and nothing to do with immigration lol

It wasnt no. It was housing stock being taken away not too many people

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:34 pm

I've just laughed out loud at the naivety of the posts of Nem and sassy! Twisted Evil

How did I know that the current Housing crisis would be the fault of a Prime Minister who'd been out of power 22 years?? Question lol!

And of course NOTHING to do with Liebout letting another 5 Million into the Country! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:53 pm

MrDoodles wrote:I've just laughed out loud at the naivety of the posts of Nem and sassy! Twisted Evil

How did I know that the current Housing crisis would be the fault of a Prime Minister who'd been out of power 22 years?? Question lol!

And of course NOTHING to do with Liebout letting another 5 Million into the Country! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

You are the one that is naive, the facts are there if you look them up. If we still had the level of social housing we did before the great 'sell off' we would not have a problem. The fact that is was sold off and never replaced is the main cause of the problem.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:57 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

You are the one that is naive, the facts are there if you look them up. If we still had the level of social housing we did before the great 'sell off' we would not have a problem. The fact that is was sold off and never replaced is the main cause of the problem.

You talk like these Council Houses were sold to Aliens, who beamed them off the Planet! Twisted Evil

They didn't, they are still there! Twisted Evil

There are simply too many people in the Country, for the existing Housing stock! Twisted Evil

Which is why Housing costs are double what they should be in this Country!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:01 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

You talk like these Council Houses were sold to Aliens, who beamed them off the Planet! Twisted Evil

They didn't, they are still there! Twisted Evil

There are simply too many people in the Country, for the existing Housing stock! Twisted Evil

Which is why Housing costs are double what they should be in this Country!

Yes they are still here, privately owned and no longer available for people who can't afford their own homes. The people who bought them made a tidy sum out of them, which the country lost, and the social housing market never recovered. A lot of the people who bought those houses went on to rent them out at many times the cost of the original rent, which was then paid for by housing benefit on some occasions, so we lost out twice.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:07 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Yes they are still here, privately owned and no longer available for people who can't afford their own homes. The people who bought them made a tidy sum out of them, which the country lost, and the social housing market never recovered. A lot of the people who bought those houses went on to rent them out at many times the cost of the original rent, which was then paid for by housing benefit on some occasions, so we lost out twice.

But the Houses aren't "Lost" as you state, they have simply changed ownership, you simply won't admit that the problem is because Liebour let in 5 Million Immigrants into the Country in 13 years, and the Country simply can't manage that sort of influx in that time scale! Evil or Very Mad

Never mind, you can always blame a Prime Minister that been out of power for 22 years! Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:09 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

But the Houses aren't "Lost" as you state, they have simply changed ownership, you simply won't admit that the problem is because Liebour let in 5 Million Immigrants into the Country in 13 years, and the Country simply can't manage that sort of influx in that time scale! Evil or Very Mad

Never mind, you can always blame a Prime Minister that been out of power for 22 years! Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

Its like thinking chess moves six ahead and seeing the consequences, which you are obviously unable to do.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:11 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Its like thinking chess moves six ahead and seeing the consequences, which you are obviously unable to do.

What the fuck are you on about now? Question

Have your drugs kicked in or something? Question

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:13 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

What the fuck are you on about now? Question

Have your drugs kicked in or something? Question

The consequences down the line of selling off social housing. The results are now starting to show up and should have been thought about at the time. Like chess moves, working out the consequences of actions.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:18 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

The consequences down the line of selling off social housing. The results are now starting to show up and should have been thought about at the time. Like chess moves, working out the consequences of actions.

There would be "no consequences" as you put it, if Liebour hadn't flooded the Country with an extra 5 Million Immigrants! Evil or Very Mad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:20 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

There would be "no consequences" as you put it, if Liebour hadn't flooded the Country with an extra 5 Million Immigrants! Evil or Very Mad

Wrong.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:24 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Wrong.

Only in your little World sassy! Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:28 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

Only in your little World sassy! Twisted Evil

In the real world, not some bitter and obsessed BNP one.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:00 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Wrong.

Not really, you only have to read up on Slough and how too much immigration puts such aa serious strain on local council services, the NHS and yes housing.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:04 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

There would be "no consequences" as you put it, if Liebour hadn't flooded the Country with an extra 5 Million Immigrants! Evil or Very Mad

What about the argument that we wouldnt need the immigrants if the brits weren't so workshy and wanting to live on benefit? Someone has to do the jobs!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Nems Again wrote:

What about the argument that we wouldnt need the immigrants if the brits weren't so workshy and wanting to live on benefit? Someone has to do the jobs!!

Got to agree with this Nems, we have many many many work shy Brits.

It's caused a labour shortgage it seems


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by victorismyhero on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:41 pm

thats why there are 5.7 people for every job...a labour shortage Rolling
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2603
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:52 pm

victorismyhero wrote:thats why there are 5.7 people for every job...a labour shortage Rolling

Do they even apply though Victor.

Recent evidence suggests not. There's going to be a major push to get those without work for over 3 years to do welfare for work.

I'm all for that, are you?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by victorismyhero on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Seren wrote:

Do they even apply though Victor.

Recent evidence suggests not. There's going to be a major push to get those without work for over 3 years to do welfare for work.

I'm all for that, are you?

what recent evidence? do you mean the "estimated" 50,000 who will sign off....50,000 out of how many million....Not, as i have said on the thread about that, that that is a bad thing, but it does lay the lie about the scrounging 100's of thousands, promulgated by the insane media.

As for getting however many to do work fare, well....firstly WHAT? are they going to do...the "charities" can only use so many and I suspect the quality of what they get will put many off after the first attempt. If they are to do things like cleaning the streets....uhmmmm...what about the "real" street cleaner...are you going to make him redundant to employ someone for benefit money? how is that good...or fair?
This argument has come up before, and NO_ONE has got a clue as to what 100's of thousands of unemployed are going to be made, (some very unwillingly) to do?
There is the matter of training, H&S...or do you suggest that the unemployed should be forced to work without the protection offered by H&S????? there is the matter of providing equipment, clothing PPE etc.....who is going to pay for that...? There is the matter of supervision...how many supervisors will be needed....no doubt jobs given to camergoons friends, probably via a lousy set up like ATOS, which cant tell its ass from its elbow....how much will THAT cost.

I dont think anyone has actually done a cost/benefit assesment of this...or ...if they have then the govt has something truely evil in hand....such as (mentioned above) No H&S for "benefit conscripts"...which if they DID introduce...i suspect WOULD cause a riot.....and I mean a REAL riot...not the games of a few months ago....

I suspect that whilst "workfare " has an emotional appeal to the knee-jerk reactionist, Its real value will prove to be more elusive, and potentially far more expensive in the long run.
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2603
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by victorismyhero on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:26 pm

As to what SHOULD be done...well as I have said elswhere...IT is the GOVERNMENTS DUTY to provide an economic climate where there is work for all, In this, it has failed consistantly...and I suspect deliberately....

So...builds social housing, oviously fro what is plain on other threads, there is urgent need for it..this will provide jobs...build the needed nuclear power stations...provide jobs AND remove reduce our dependancy on other nations for energy.... build ...make ....fix....AND THEN START MAKING and bugger the EU.

Its either THAT...or we have to go down Mr D's route....and ship the millions of immigrants right off back home...

OH and as a further observation for the post above....can anyone tell me how a few weeks "voluntary" work is suddenly going to give all those 5.7 people for every job a job to do...It would be laughable if it wasnt so plain pointless....3yrs out of work...six weeks "voluntary" work and the back to the same old same old.......WOW----that make economical sense...since the work done has NOT produced anything...no product...no tax revenue...nothing...but it will sure as hell cost a bomb
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2603
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Its like banging your head against a brick wall Victor. Its difficult to put into words without posting page after page, but the total infrastructure of our society is shot to hell, and its successive Governments who have done it. To defect from this, they always have to find a scapegoat. The fact is, most of these kids who have never worked come from sink estates with very little work around them, because governments would not put the money in so the businesses wanted to go there. Failing has become a way of life, so why try when you know you are going to fail. Yes, there are some that pull themselves up by their bootstraps, and more power to them, but you have to be a special kind of person for that. If you have been brought up by parents who have never been able to find work and have given up caring, or are too depressed to care, what are the kids supposed to do. There were some very good schemes started to give them back some self respect so that they wanted to work, but the funding for those schemes has been cut, and now there are ever fewer jobs, and we all know that the longer you are out of work the harder it is to get work. Employers look at a CV, see someone has not worked and reject it out of hand.

The only way we are going to get out of this mess is if someone looks at the problems from the ground up, and devises a plan that emcompasses and takes note of ALL the problems, because its like a house of cards, its useless trying to balance the cards at the top, if the ones at the bottom are about to fall over, on in this case, already have done.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by victorismyhero on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:11 pm

I notice NONE of the vociferous RW have even offered to explain what these "volunteers" could do, either in this post or the last thread that this came up in.....Nor explain EXACTLY how this is going to help anything.....
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2603
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Older people have a stranglehold on family homes

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum