Yue Yue critically ill in hospital

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yue Yue critically ill in hospital

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:17 pm

She's still hanging on in there: Little girl who was ignored by 18 people after being run over twice is now fighting for lifeTwo-year-old remains in a coma, but has regained some feeling in her arms

Two drivers arrested for running her over, but claimed not to have seen Yue Yue in 'dark street'

4.4million comments posted on Chinese Twitter - Sina Weibo - under heading 'please end cold heartedness'

Authorities reward rubbish collector who went to little girl's aid - the 19th person to walk past her

This is the critically injured toddler who is fighting for her life after she was run over twice and ignored by passers-by in China.
Yue Yue, two, remains in a coma after the horrific incident was captured on surveillance camera in a narrow street in Foshan city, Guandong province.
After days of treatment, the little girl has regained the ability to take weak breaths with the help of a respirator and some feeling in her arms, according to China Daily.

Scroll down for the video... Warning: Graphic content
Fighting for life: Yue Yue, two, is in a critical condition in intensive care after being run over twice
Cared for: he little girl has regained the ability to take weak breaths with the help of a respirator and has some feeling in her arms

Despair: Yue Yue's mother reacts after finding out the toddler was run over while she was in a nearby market

Distraught: The girl's parents wait anxiously for news in the hospital, where she is in a coma

Her heart beat has also stabilised, but her life remains in danger and there are concerns she may have suffered extensive brain damage.
Video of the shocking moment she was hit by a car and then ignored by more than a dozen people who walked or drove past her as she lay in the street has sparked outrage in China and the world.
Both drivers who ran her over had been arrested, but internet users have flooded microblogs over the apathy of the people who left her to die.
The two men, along with people who left her on the road, claimed not to have seen the little girl in the 'dark' street.
Chinese media reports that one of the men had allegedly just broken up with his girlfriend and was on his mobile phone when he hit the girl.

Unaware: Video footage shows the little girl crossing the road at Guangfo Hardware Market, without spotting the van approaching

Injuries: The girl is hit by the van, which fails to stop leaving her lying in the road

Horrific: Yue Yuem lies critically injured on the floor after she was run over by a van in Foshan city, Guangdong, China

Callous: Dozens of people then drive or walk past the critically injured child without stopping to help her

Child victim: Yueyue is held by her mother. Her older brother is also pictured

The Shanghaiist claims one driver called Yue Yue's father to offer him money just before he was arrested.
It claims he said: 'You saw that girl on the CCTV footage, she didn't see where she was going, you know.
'I was on the phone when it happened, I didn't mean it.
'When I realised I had knocked her down, I thought I'd go down to see how she was.
'Then when I saw that she was already bleeding, I decided to just step on the gas pedal and escape seeing that nobody was around me.'
Authorities in Foshan presented Chen Xianmei, a rubbish collector who went to Yue Yue's aid, with $1,570 as a reward.
Another company in the city has also offered to donate $7,500 to her family and rescuer.
China's economic boom and the growing disparity between the rich and poor have made changing social values a contentious topic, with some lamenting what they see as materialism replacing morals.
Yueyue's father Wang told Chinese television: 'Yueyue is so lovely. If I quarrelled with her mother and if her mother cried, she would tell us not to cry, she always tried to amuse us.
'I just hope my child will wake up and call me Dad again.'
China's equivalent of Twitter, Sina Weibo, has seen 4.4million comments posted on the little girl's plight, under the heading 'please end the cold-heartedness'.

One user called the incident 'the shame of the Chinese people'.
Another user, under the name Xiaozhong001, wrote: 'Really, what is up with our society? I saw this and my heart went cold.
'Everyone needs to do some soul-searching about ending this kind of indifference.'
Many people in China are hesitant to help people who appear to be in distress over fears they will be blamed.
High-profile law suits have ended with good Samaritans ordered to pay hefty fines to individuals they sought to help.
The incident has also sparked a series of soul-searching articles in Chinese newspapers, including the Guangzho Daily and People's Daily Online.

Apathy: This motorcyclist just swerved around the crumpled girl and carried on his way

Concern: Finally a woman goes to the little girl's aid and tries to drag her out of the road as her mother arrives on the scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dwhVUL-H46M

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2050438/Yue-Yue-critically-ill-run-twice-ignored-18-people.html

Back to top Go down

Re: Yue Yue critically ill in hospital

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Oh, this really did make me cry, how on earth could anyone walk or drive past an injured child! I'm shaking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:47 pm

I sobbed when I read it...

There is absolutely nothing to excuse those that walked past the poor baby...nothing.

Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Angel wrote:I sobbed when I read it...

There is absolutely nothing to excuse those that walked past the poor baby...nothing.

Mad

disgusting, i cant find words strong enough to condemn this, HOWEVER....what do you expect from a society that still thinks eating powdered rhino horn will make you erm...horny?
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:18 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

disgusting, i cant find words strong enough to condemn this, HOWEVER....what do you expect from a society that still thinks eating powdered rhino horn will make you erm...horny?

The power of the mind can achieve great things....but this was a case of blocking out the of their minds the appalling sight of a critically injured child. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Seren wrote:She's still hanging on in there: Little girl who was ignored by 18 people after being run over twice is now fighting for lifeTwo-year-old remains in a coma, but has regained some feeling in her arms

Two drivers arrested for running her over, but claimed not to have seen Yue Yue in 'dark street'

4.4million comments posted on Chinese Twitter - Sina Weibo - under heading 'please end cold heartedness'

Authorities reward rubbish collector who went to little girl's aid - the 19th person to walk past her

This is the critically injured toddler who is fighting for her life after she was run over twice and ignored by passers-by in China.
Yue Yue, two, remains in a coma after the horrific incident was captured on surveillance camera in a narrow street in Foshan city, Guandong province.
After days of treatment, the little girl has regained the ability to take weak breaths with the help of a respirator and some feeling in her arms, according to China Daily.

Scroll down for the video... Warning: Graphic content
Fighting for life: Yue Yue, two, is in a critical condition in intensive care after being run over twice
Cared for: he little girl has regained the ability to take weak breaths with the help of a respirator and has some feeling in her arms

Despair: Yue Yue's mother reacts after finding out the toddler was run over while she was in a nearby market

Distraught: The girl's parents wait anxiously for news in the hospital, where she is in a coma

Her heart beat has also stabilised, but her life remains in danger and there are concerns she may have suffered extensive brain damage.
Video of the shocking moment she was hit by a car and then ignored by more than a dozen people who walked or drove past her as she lay in the street has sparked outrage in China and the world.
Both drivers who ran her over had been arrested, but internet users have flooded microblogs over the apathy of the people who left her to die.
The two men, along with people who left her on the road, claimed not to have seen the little girl in the 'dark' street.
Chinese media reports that one of the men had allegedly just broken up with his girlfriend and was on his mobile phone when he hit the girl.

Unaware: Video footage shows the little girl crossing the road at Guangfo Hardware Market, without spotting the van approaching

Injuries: The girl is hit by the van, which fails to stop leaving her lying in the road

Horrific: Yue Yuem lies critically injured on the floor after she was run over by a van in Foshan city, Guangdong, China

Callous: Dozens of people then drive or walk past the critically injured child without stopping to help her

Child victim: Yueyue is held by her mother. Her older brother is also pictured

The Shanghaiist claims one driver called Yue Yue's father to offer him money just before he was arrested.
It claims he said: 'You saw that girl on the CCTV footage, she didn't see where she was going, you know.
'I was on the phone when it happened, I didn't mean it.
'When I realised I had knocked her down, I thought I'd go down to see how she was.
'Then when I saw that she was already bleeding, I decided to just step on the gas pedal and escape seeing that nobody was around me.'
Authorities in Foshan presented Chen Xianmei, a rubbish collector who went to Yue Yue's aid, with $1,570 as a reward.
Another company in the city has also offered to donate $7,500 to her family and rescuer.
China's economic boom and the growing disparity between the rich and poor have made changing social values a contentious topic, with some lamenting what they see as materialism replacing morals.
Yueyue's father Wang told Chinese television: 'Yueyue is so lovely. If I quarrelled with her mother and if her mother cried, she would tell us not to cry, she always tried to amuse us.
'I just hope my child will wake up and call me Dad again.'
China's equivalent of Twitter, Sina Weibo, has seen 4.4million comments posted on the little girl's plight, under the heading 'please end the cold-heartedness'.

One user called the incident 'the shame of the Chinese people'.
Another user, under the name Xiaozhong001, wrote: 'Really, what is up with our society? I saw this and my heart went cold.
'Everyone needs to do some soul-searching about ending this kind of indifference.'
Many people in China are hesitant to help people who appear to be in distress over fears they will be blamed.
High-profile law suits have ended with good Samaritans ordered to pay hefty fines to individuals they sought to help.
The incident has also sparked a series of soul-searching articles in Chinese newspapers, including the Guangzho Daily and People's Daily Online.

Apathy: This motorcyclist just swerved around the crumpled girl and carried on his way

Concern: Finally a woman goes to the little girl's aid and tries to drag her out of the road as her mother arrives on the scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dwhVUL-H46M

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2050438/Yue-Yue-critically-ill-run-twice-ignored-18-people.html

Seren, have you ever watched the "dying rooms" about the treatment of little girls in China...heartbreaking...little baby girls are left in the forest to die...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:09 am

Oh God, words fail me. I know people are wary of going to the aid of strangers because of the risk of a law suit etc. But this was a baby! those who hit her will have known they hit something, but what is worse is the pedestrians just walking past her.
Really shook me up reading this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Heartbreaking Sad

How on earth would you live with yourself? More than a dozen people? Disgusting No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 pm

Unbelievable! People passed by and did nothing!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:09 pm

Truly horrible- I guess this region of China is not the nicest of places if people would just walk past like this. The law suit thing is interesting Nems; it is a disgusting relection of modern times when these are going to deter people just from helping- why they need to put a stop to people suing for anything of that kind.

This is horrible Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:08 pm

From tonight's news it seems that the poor little girl has no chance of making a recovery.

Such a crying shame, for over 7 minutes apparently she lay there in agony, god only knows what was going on in her head, had probably only ever known her mothers kindness.

I don't think 18 people are representative of a country with 1 billion people.

Apparently MILLIONS of Chinese have been flooding the internet in disgust at this.

Cases like these often set in motion great change, I hope it does and good change at that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Sad news Seren Sad

I hope you're right and at least some good comes of such a terrible situation. Poor little girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:57 pm

Seren wrote:From tonight's news it seems that the poor little girl has no chance of making a recovery.

Such a crying shame, for over 7 minutes apparently she lay there in agony, god only knows what was going on in her head, had probably only ever known her mothers kindness.

I don't think 18 people are representative of a country with 1 billion people.

Apparently MILLIONS of Chinese have been flooding the internet in disgust at this.

Cases like these often set in motion great change, I hope it does and good change at that

Well said Seren. You are right 18 people do not and good for the Chinese to express their outrage. I was reading elsewhere and a poster claimed that this was to do with asian culture and that all oriental people were cold and emotionless- I was fuming to say the least. The Chinese are wonderful people, and these 18 people should be ashamed of how they have made an otherwise great people look Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:41 pm

eilzel wrote:

Well said Seren. You are right 18 people do not and good for the Chinese to express their outrage. I was reading elsewhere and a poster claimed that this was to do with asian culture and that all oriental people were cold and emotionless- I was fuming to say the least. The Chinese are wonderful people, and these 18 people should be ashamed of how they have made an otherwise great people look Sad

Well said both of you....xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:58 am

Just reading in the Guardian that this poor little one died this just after midnight this morning due to brain and organ failure.

Terribly sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:50 am

Poor little soul xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:37 pm

Sad news. Poor little thing xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:25 pm

Nems Again wrote:Sad news. Poor little thing xx

Shocking so many walked or drove passed her, heart breaking, but why was she alone? From the little I have read the mother was in a market away from the child. I have only read a little so prepared to be educated on this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Class wrote:

Shocking so many walked or drove passed her, heart breaking, but why was she alone? From the little I have read the mother was in a market away from the child. I have only read a little so prepared to be educated on this one.

DOnt know anymore myself hon, I dont know if she wandered away from mum or what.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Nems Again wrote:

DOnt know anymore myself hon, I dont know if she wandered away from mum or what.

From what I read she wandered and the mum was frantically looking for her when she was told what had happened. So awful.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:36 pm

This is tragic.
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top