Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post new topic   Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Damien Fowkes pleads guilty to slashing Soham killer's throat and admits manslaughter of child killer Colin Hatch.


Ian Huntley, the Soham murderer, whose throat was slashed in jail last year. Photograph: Toby Melville/PA

A fellow prisoner has admitted trying to kill the Soham murderer, Ian Huntley.

Damien Fowkes, 35, pleaded guilty at Hull crown court to slashing Huntley's throat in Frankland prison, Durham, in March last year.

Fowkes, from Northampton, also admitted the manslaughter of the child killer Colin Hatch, who was strangled at Full Sutton prison near York in February this year.

He was initially charged with Hatch's murder but his guilty plea to manslaughter was accepted on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

Fowkes appeared before the court on Tuesday in a sealed dock surrounded by five prison officers. An application for him to come into court in handcuffs was rejected by the judge.

The prisoner spoke to confirm his name and enter his pleas. He denied murdering Hatch but admitted manslaughter. Graham Reeds, prosecuting, said this plea was acceptable.

The court heard how Fowkes shows "strong psychopathic traits".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/04/prisoner-attempted-murder-ian-huntley



As psychopaths go one who likes to murder child killers has to be one of the better kinds. Ian Huntley deserves to suffer every second for the rest of his life Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Feelthelove wrote:Damien Fowkes pleads guilty to slashing Soham killer's throat and admits manslaughter of child killer Colin Hatch.


Ian Huntley, the Soham murderer, whose throat was slashed in jail last year. Photograph: Toby Melville/PA

A fellow prisoner has admitted trying to kill the Soham murderer, Ian Huntley.

Damien Fowkes, 35, pleaded guilty at Hull crown court to slashing Huntley's throat in Frankland prison, Durham, in March last year.

Fowkes, from Northampton, also admitted the manslaughter of the child killer Colin Hatch, who was strangled at Full Sutton prison near York in February this year.

He was initially charged with Hatch's murder but his guilty plea to manslaughter was accepted on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

Fowkes appeared before the court on Tuesday in a sealed dock surrounded by five prison officers. An application for him to come into court in handcuffs was rejected by the judge.

The prisoner spoke to confirm his name and enter his pleas. He denied murdering Hatch but admitted manslaughter. Graham Reeds, prosecuting, said this plea was acceptable.

The court heard how Fowkes shows "strong psychopathic traits".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/04/prisoner-attempted-murder-ian-huntley



As psychopaths go one who likes to murder child killers has to be one of the better kinds. Ian Huntley deserves to suffer every second for the rest of his life Twisted Evil

I'm in two mind FTL, half of me agrees, and the other half says society has decided what the punishment is and its not ok to allow other psychotic prisoners to deal out further punishment. Logically, if you say that is ok, it makes the life of everyone in prison perilous, who's say whether another psychotic prisoner might decide to kill all burglers? Just an example, mulling it over in my head!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:20 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

I'm in two mind FTL, half of me agrees, and the other half says society has decided what the punishment is and its not ok to allow other psychotic prisoners to deal out further punishment. Logically, if you say that is ok, it makes the life of everyone in prison perilous, who's say whether another psychotic prisoner might decide to kill all burglers? Just an example, mulling it over in my head!

Hi Sassy, yes I can see your point and in the circumstances you mention I would probably be agreeing with you. However, I don't have it in me to feel sympathy for Ian Huntley after what he did to Holly and Jessica Sad

I wish I was a better person and I could but I'm sorry, I'm not and I can't No

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:23 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Hi Sassy, yes I can see your point and in the circumstances you mention I would probably be agreeing with you. However, I don't have it in me to feel sympathy for Ian Huntley after what he did to Holly and Jessica Sad

I wish I was a better person and I could but I'm sorry, I'm not and I can't No

Don't get me wrong, neither do I, if someone touched a hair of either of my grandaughters I'd hunt them down myself!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:49 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, neither do I, if someone touched a hair of either of my grandaughters I'd hunt them down myself!

My head tells me it's wrong Sassy. However, my heart tells me we should round up all of the child killers and let this guy provide his own form of justice Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by victorismyhero on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Interesting point here. What, exactly constitutes justice, and, if we have a rule of law, do we "exclude " certain members of the population from it. Sassy reconed i was being Mr grumpy because i am all for harsh laws?

IF we go down the road suggested, that of allowing other prisoners to "get at" child killers, Is this law and justice. If it is then be careful for what you wish for, you might just get it.

Even a death penalty is a dangerous thing to have on the statute book, after all, if you can justify it for one crime you can, by a dint of mental gymnastics, good spin doctoring and a hefty media campaign, make it acceptable for almost ANY other.

Bear i mind the general public are,whilst individually normally fairly bright, collectively, as thick as two short planks. here is a specious but entirely reasonable argument for the DP for parking on double yellow lines


We start with the DP being seen as acceptable for murder, hence it is ENTIRELY reasonable for a number of good reasons, to be able to apply it to attempted murder, since the INTENT was there to actually kill someone.
NOW, having the intent to kill someone is the same crime at least morally, as being reckless as to wether you kill someone( i.e. I'm going to do this and dont care what the consequences are), because, at least in negligence the intent to kill (even if not fully recognised) is there if someone gets in the way of what you want to do. SO we can now justify the DP for a drink driver who kills (since they do what they do, and dont care if someone dies).
from this it is easy to see that the drink driver who doesnt kill, but is stopped at a police check should also face the DP, since he is equally reckless, and the actual act of killing is NOT required, only the (in this case negligent) intent.
NOW, parking on double yellow lines HAS indeed caused deaths and thus, must be considered in the same light, people who park on double yellows, obviously, do so recklessly and without regard to they danger they cause, thus the intent to kill by negligence MUST (at least in a moral sense) be there. (there is no defense to this argument BTW of "not realising the danger" since by definition the state knows best and puts those markings there for a good reason) thus after a solid media campaign lasting about 5 years ....we have the DP for parking on double yellows.......
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2599
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:06 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Interesting point here. What, exactly constitutes justice, and, if we have a rule of law, do we "exclude " certain members of the population from it. Sassy reconed i was being Mr grumpy because i am all for harsh laws?

IF we go down the road suggested, that of allowing other prisoners to "get at" child killers, Is this law and justice. If it is then be careful for what you wish for, you might just get it.

Even a death penalty is a dangerous thing to have on the statute book, after all, if you can justify it for one crime you can, by a dint of mental gymnastics, good spin doctoring and a hefty media campaign, make it acceptable for almost ANY other.

Bear i mind the general public are,whilst individually normally fairly bright, collectively, as thick as two short planks. here is a specious but entirely reasonable argument for the DP for parking on double yellow lines


We start with the DP being seen as acceptable for murder, hence it is ENTIRELY reasonable for a number of good reasons, to be able to apply it to attempted murder, since the INTENT was there to actually kill someone.
NOW, having the intent to kill someone is the same crime at least morally, as being reckless as to wether you kill someone( i.e. I'm going to do this and dont care what the consequences are), because, at least in negligence the intent to kill (even if not fully recognised) is there if someone gets in the way of what you want to do. SO we can now justify the DP for a drink driver who kills (since they do what they do, and dont care if someone dies).
from this it is easy to see that the drink driver who doesnt kill, but is stopped at a police check should also face the DP, since he is equally reckless, and the actual act of killing is NOT required, only the (in this case negligent) intent.
NOW, parking on double yellow lines HAS indeed caused deaths and thus, must be considered in the same light, people who park on double yellows, obviously, do so recklessly and without regard to they danger they cause, thus the intent to kill by negligence MUST (at least in a moral sense) be there. (there is no defense to this argument BTW of "not realising the danger" since by definition the state knows best and puts those markings there for a good reason) thus after a solid media campaign lasting about 5 years ....we have the DP for parking on double yellows.......

Then it could end up with people who use firms paper clips!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by victorismyhero on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:15 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Then it could end up with people who use firms paper clips!

So you see why i dislike the DP as a statute
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2599
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:22 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

So you see why i dislike the DP as a statute

Me too, hopefully this lot will not end up trying to reinstate it to get a few votes!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by victorismyhero on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:22 pm

BTW, Dont misunderstand me, I have NO sympathy for huntley, however the law is the law and MUST apply equally to all...even odious pieces of excrement like him, however here is a case where the law is weak and needs to be strengthened...Huntley and others like him should be languishing in one of my more primitive prisons, not reposing in conditions that would make many pensioners drool with delight at the prospect.
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2599
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:24 pm

victorismyhero wrote:BTW, Dont misunderstand me, I have NO sympathy for huntley, however the law is the law and MUST apply equally to all...even odious pieces of excrement like him, however here is a case where the law is weak and needs to be strengthened...Huntley and others like him should be languishing in one of my more primitive prisons, not reposing in conditions that would make many pensioners drool with delight at the prospect.

I agree, they should find out what the WORST living conditions are outside of prison and make sure that people like him do not have any better INSIDE prison. I don't feel this about all, because there are far too many people in prison who are there because of mental health issues, and they should be getting help.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by victorismyhero on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:30 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

I agree, they should find out what the WORST living conditions are outside of prison and make sure that people like him do not have any better INSIDE prison. I don't feel this about all, because there are far too many people in prison who are there because of mental health issues, and they should be getting help.

You are far too soft sassy.....dark damp dank rat infested stone dungeon, Stone bench for bed, one blanket per year, bread and water, and a bible for entertainment......
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2599
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:32 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

You are far too soft sassy.....dark damp dank rat infested stone dungeon, Stone bench for bed, one blanket per year, bread and water, and a bible for entertainment......

I think the bible is pushing it!!!!! Shocked Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by victorismyhero on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:38 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

I think the bible is pushing it!!!!! Shocked Laughing
True...all that sex and violence affraid
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2599
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:50 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
True...all that sex and violence affraid

Embarassed Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prisoner admits attempted murder of Ian Huntley

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic
 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum