Ask the next poster a question :)

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ask the next poster a question :)

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:18 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Hi Sassy I love you x

I would love to have big ginger tom cat. I miss my cats but as we like to go away it wouldn't be fair Sad

I have just one little dog who stays with family when we go away, he has some doggie fun times!

If you could save just one species from extinction which would it be?

Thats a hard one, but I think it would have to be orang utangs, but wolves would come a close 2nd, and if push came to shove i might choose them.

If you could be anything you wanted, what would it be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:57 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Thats a hard one, but I think it would have to be orang utangs, but wolves would come a close 2nd, and if push came to shove i might choose them.

If you could be anything you wanted, what would it be?

My Grandmother and Father in Law back. I miss them Sad

What is the your partners best quality?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

My Grandmother and Father in Law back. I miss them Sad

What is the your partners best quality?

Being so loving and patient, even when I'm a bit wound up.

Whats your partners best quality?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:44 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Being able to put up with me of course lol!

If you take part in a competition on TV which would it be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:57 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Being able to put up with me of course lol!

If you take part in a competition on TV which would it be?

Deal or No Deal, I have applied (twice) they obviously don't want me Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:44 am

sassy1261 wrote:

Deal or No Deal, I have applied (twice) they obviously don't want me Sad Sad

Oh yes, that would be fun. I'd keep box number 22 until last Very Happy

What number would you keep and why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:02 pm

Box 13, for no reason.

sassy1261 wrote:
Make everyone in the world the same colour!!!!!!!!!

What would be the point of that? You might as well wish that every car in the world was the same color.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:30 pm

Mobius Bandsaw wrote:Box 13, for no reason.

What would be the point of that? You might as well wish that every car in the world was the same color.

Because I like the theory of the melting pot, so that everyone integrates and there is no particular colour and because I think people who hate other people simply because they have a different colour skin very nasty, and it would stop all that.

Why would it matter if cars were the same colour? As long as they get me from A to B, I don't care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:04 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Because I like the theory of the melting pot, so that everyone integrates and there is no particular colour and because I think people who hate other people simply because they have a different colour skin very nasty, and it would stop all that.

Why would it matter if cars were the same colour? As long as they get me from A to B, I don't care.

I don't follow. If variation in skin color is a superfluous attribute, what good would it do to abolish it? Why not wish that everyone possessed an IQ over 100, or something else useful? It is like saying "If every car in the world was made the same color, it would make the world a better place by eliminating preference for certain colors of vehicle over other colors." Your sentiments seem applicable to both situations. The question is, how much "good" would it actually do? You would do better to wish that every vehicle in the world got good gas mileage, or had a powerful engine, etc. ie, something tangibly good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Mobius Bandsaw wrote:

I don't follow. If variation in skin color is a superfluous attribute, what good would it do to abolish it? Why not wish that everyone possessed an IQ over 100, or something else useful? It is like saying "If every car in the world was made the same color, it would make the world a better place by eliminating preference for certain colors of vehicle over other colors." Your sentiments seem applicable to both situations. The question is, how much "good" would it actually do? You would do better to wish that every vehicle in the world got good gas mileage, or had a powerful engine, etc. ie, something tangibly good.

You and I think quite differently. Even if you gave everyone and IQ of over 100, which I consider very low, it would not stop them being racists. You seem to be able to equate cars and people. Cars don't have emotions, people on the other hand do, and when suffering racial abuse become very angry and hurt, which leads to them in turn hating the people who are racist. The people who are racist do not even realise how much they are hurting themselves being that way. I would love, above everything else, to wipe out racism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:10 pm

Clearly we think differently. I don't understand why anyone would waste a universal wish so that a certain subset of people would be assured of never having their "feelings hurt" in a particular way. Of course, it would probably only be a drop in the bucket of total hurtful incidents, since groups of people would still be singled out on the basis of wearing glasses, or having blond hair, or wearing crutches, or being poor, etc. There are a nearly infinite set of variable characteristics that could concievably be used to ostrify and alienate certain groups. Short of eliminating all differences and turning humans into indistinguishable androids, it's not possible to eliminate all "hurt feelings" that could arise from being classified as different in some way. I'm not trying to flame you here, I am just trying to make you see what an asinine and poorly thought-out conception you seem to have of human behavior and classifications.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:42 am

If you could change one thing about yourself, appearance or personality what would it be? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Feelthelove wrote:If you could change one thing about yourself, appearance or personality what would it be? scratch

Hi FTL, I would want to be not quite so bossy! Sometimes its a good thing because I get people organised, but its not always the right way to go about things, and I have to rein myself in on quite a few occasions! What about you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:12 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Hi FTL, I would want to be not quite so bossy! Sometimes its a good thing because I get people organised, but its not always the right way to go about things, and I have to rein myself in on quite a few occasions! What about you?

Hi Sassy, bossy? You? Never Very Happy x

Hmmmm, there are loads of things lol!

I definitely wish I could speak my mind more, by the time I actually get annoyed enough to say anything I'm as mad as hell

Have you started thinking about Christmas yet? affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:45 pm

We are having to move, the landlord has given us three months notice that he is going to put the rent up by £250 a month, and thats stupid. We don't want to be moving over Christmas, so looking to move end of November. Its been a very strange year and I must admit that Christmas is not a top priority at the moment. My OH and I and grandaughter are probably going to move nearer Ipswish as she is at college there and he can work from there, so we are on the look out.

Have you moved a lot in your life?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:15 pm

sassy1261 wrote:We are having to move, the landlord has given us three months notice that he is going to put the rent up by £250 a month, and thats stupid. We don't want to be moving over Christmas, so looking to move end of November. Its been a very strange year and I must admit that Christmas is not a top priority at the moment. My OH and I and grandaughter are probably going to move nearer Ipswish as she is at college there and he can work from there, so we are on the look out.

Have you moved a lot in your life?

That's a ridiculous increase, how can that be allowed? Not what you need Sad

On a positive note it'll probably be cheaper a little further out. Is she at college in or out of town? The facilities for students in Ipswich have improved amazingly in the past couple of years.

I've lived in 7 homes in a 20 mile radius so I'm well travelled! lol!

Where is the favourite place you've lived?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

That's a ridiculous increase, how can that be allowed? Not what you need Sad

On a positive note it'll probably be cheaper a little further out. Is she at college in or out of town? The facilities for students in Ipswich have improved amazingly in the past couple of years.

I've lived in 7 homes in a 20 mile radius so I'm well travelled! lol!

Where is the favourite place you've lived?

She's at Otley, out in the sticks, but then wants to go to Suffolk Uni, which is in Ipswich, as they have the best animal based degrees.

It has to be Singapore, just loved it, and as I was 18 when I went out there, could not have been better. Malaya was amazing. Ah well!

Pic of me when I was out there, I've got the big bottom with the orange bikini on it! More JayLo than JayLo!

Have you got your clothes ready for your holiday yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:01 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

She's at Otley, out in the sticks, but then wants to go to Suffolk Uni, which is in Ipswich, as they have the best animal based degrees.

It has to be Singapore, just loved it, and as I was 18 when I went out there, could not have been better. Malaya was amazing. Ah well!

Pic of me when I was out there, I've got the big bottom with the orange bikini on it! More JayLo than JayLo!

Have you got your clothes ready for your holiday yet?

WOW you look amazing! I wish I'd travelled more, it sounds fantastic bounce

I thought your Grandaughter might be at Suffolk One, Otley must be a nightmare bus journey affraid

I went to Suffolk College as it was. Things have improved amazingly since then. I had a 20 mile bus journey each way through the country roads. Drove me mad lol!

Have I got my holiday clothes ready? I wish!!! I'm not that organised sunny

Is there anything you would change about your past? (sorry!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:14 pm

Change about my past, oh heck girl, I would say no, but then again if I had have changed some things, other things might not have happened, if you get me, so yes, with hindsight, I would have stepped in and interferred when I didn't, because I thought I was doing the right thing.

Are you already planning your holiday next year?

PS, she get picked up from Colchester station by the otley coach, just means a really long day, leaves here at 7 and is not back until about 6.30, good job she is focused!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:29 pm

sassy1261 wrote:Change about my past, oh heck girl, I would say no, but then again if I had have changed some things, other things might not have happened, if you get me, so yes, with hindsight, I would have stepped in and interferred when I didn't, because I thought I was doing the right thing.

Are you already planning your holiday next year?

PS, she get picked up from Colchester station by the otley coach, just means a really long day, leaves here at 7 and is not back until about 6.30, good job she is focused!

I know exactly what you mean Sassy I love you x

Your Grandaughter has the kind of long day I had but without the focus. My career happened by accident rather than choice lol!

Not planned next year yet, feeling hard up like most at the moment. I'm sure we'll go away but certainly only once sunny

What is your favourite children's book (might help me with my Christmas shopping lol! ) x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:46 pm

Robert Louis Stephenson, A Child's Garden of Verses, just love it and give it to all my friends when they have a baby.

Do you go to the cinema often. I went and saw the last Planet of the Apes one and was bowled over, took my grandchildren, did not expect to enjoy it myself but it was great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:49 pm

sassy1261 wrote:Robert Louis Stephenson, A Child's Garden of Verses, just love it and give it to all my friends when they have a baby.

Do you go to the cinema often. I went and saw the last Planet of the Apes one and was bowled over, took my grandchildren, did not expect to enjoy it myself but it was great.

I haven't been to the cinema in about 20 years affraid

That involves sitting still and not talking doesn't it??? lol!

Which chore do you dislike the most?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

I haven't been to the cinema in about 20 years affraid

That involves sitting still and not talking doesn't it??? lol!

Which chore do you dislike the most?

Has to be changing beds! Just hate it, even though I only do mine and OHs now, and it really doesn't take that long, I still hate it. Nice having the fresh bed though, I'd have someone change it everyday for me for the results!

I know you like gardening, what chores have you to do out there before winter arrives?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:53 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Has to be changing beds! Just hate it, even though I only do mine and OHs now, and it really doesn't take that long, I still hate it. Nice having the fresh bed though, I'd have someone change it everyday for me for the results!

I know you like gardening, what chores have you to do out there before winter arrives?

Oh a lovely clean bed dried on the line, I really miss that in the winter. One of life's forgotten pleasures Very Happy x

Lots of tiding up to do in the garden. Need to cut back some of our larger shrubs, the hedge and put the veg patch to bed Sad

Still, it will soon be spring Very Happy

What is your favourite spring flower? I love bluebells in the woods sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Oh a lovely clean bed dried on the line, I really miss that in the winter. One of life's forgotten pleasures Very Happy x

Lots of tiding up to do in the garden. Need to cut back some of our larger shrubs, the hedge and put the veg patch to bed Sad

Still, it will soon be spring Very Happy

What is your favourite spring flower? I love bluebells in the woods sunny

I love cornflowers, they remind me of old fashioned gardens, and the colour of a patch of bluebells in a wood is quite startling and a real joy.

Have you decided what you want for christmas, and are you dropping hints yet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top