Honesty, even when it hurts.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Honesty, even when it hurts.....

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Not a great day for me. A guy reversed into my shiny little black car in the car park at work. He's caused over 600 pounds worth of damage Sad

I love my car, it is, was immaculate Crying or Very sad

However, there are still some decent, honest people out there. He immediately let our Security Guard know what had happened, agreed to pay for the damage and sincerely apologised.

He could have kept quiet and I probably wouldn't have noticed until it was too late. Bless him, there really are some decent and honest people out there I love you

Back to top Go down

Re: Honesty, even when it hurts.....

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Feelthelove wrote:Not a great day for me. A guy reversed into my shiny little black car in the car park at work. He's caused over 600 pounds worth of damage Sad

I love my car, it is, was immaculate Crying or Very sad

However, there are still some decent, honest people out there. He immediately let our Security Guard know what had happened, agreed to pay for the damage and sincerely apologised.

He could have kept quiet and I probably wouldn't have noticed until it was too late. Bless him, there really are some decent and honest people out there I love you

Sorry to hear that FTL, however, did you get anything in writing from the guy that said he would pay for the damage? Question

I had something similar happen to me a while back and as soon as you present them with the bill for the work, they deny all knowledge! Sad

Hope you get it sorted OK! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Honesty, even when it hurts.....

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:07 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

Sorry to hear that FTL, however, did you get anything in writing from the guy that said he would pay for the damage? Question

I had something similar happen to me a while back and as soon as you present them with the bill for the work, they deny all knowledge! Sad

Hope you get it sorted OK! Very Happy

No, nothing in writing. We work in the same building but not for the same company. He seems very genuine though, will get payment up front and direct to the repair company. I've already got an estimate and I have discussed with him how much I expected it to be. Managed to get the labour agreed at trade rates so I've made it as cheap as I can for him. Parts for my car it seems, are not cheap affraid

However, in the event of any problems, CCTV is a wonderful thing cheers

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top