Christians should learn from Muslims how to exist as a “minority” culture in British cities

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christians should learn from Muslims how to exist as a “minority” culture in British cities

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:28 am

Christians should learn from Muslims how to exist as a “minority” culture in British cities that are increasingly dominated by immigrant communities, a Church of England bishop has said.

The Rt Rev Nick Baines, the Bishop of Bradford, said some parishes in his diocese were 95% Muslim but that this should not be seen as “a problem”.

“This is a fantastic opportunity,” he told the General Synod, the Church of England’s national assembly, in York.

“It is a challenge, yes, but it’s an opportunity to rethink what it means to be a Christian community. We often ask Muslims to learn what it is to be a Muslim as a minority culture.

“Maybe we could benefit from learning some of the same lessons in some of our cities.”

His comments came as Church leaders at the assembly were warned that Britain's increasingly diverse society could undermine the position of the Church of England as the “established” faith of the nation.

In some communities, Anglicans have become “beleaguered” because Christians are so outnumbered by members of other faiths, according to a report presented to the Synod yesterday.

However, synod members recognised that the Church needed to adapt to Britain’s increasingly diverse society and backed moves to recruit more ethnic minority candidates to leaderships positions such as bishops.

They voted overwhelmingly in favour of a plan to tackle the Church’s “pale, male and stale” image by using methods that have been described as “favouritism” and “positive discrimination”.

The move came after a report by the Venerable Daniel Kajumba, Archdeacon of Reigate, showed only 1.1% of bishops, archdeacons and cathedral deans posts are filled by ethnic minority candidates.

The four ethnic minority clergy in these roles are Dr John Sentamu, Archbishop of York, the Rt Rev David Hamid, Suffragan Bishop of Europe, The Very Rev Rogers Govender, Dean of Manchester Cathedral, and himself in his post as Archdeacon of Reigate, he said.

This was in spite of congregations of up to 90% ethnic minorities in inner cities, and a growing proportion of ethnic minority worshippers in rural and suburban areas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8631059/Christians-should-learn-how-to-be-a-minority-from-Muslims-bishop-says.html

Back to top Go down

Re: Christians should learn from Muslims how to exist as a “minority” culture in British cities

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:34 am

Lets be honest (like all religions) christians are a minority in this country, it's about time they realised it.

Back to top Go down

Re: Christians should learn from Muslims how to exist as a “minority” culture in British cities

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:49 pm

And the biggest traitors to their own people, are these f*cking idiots in the Church of England!!! Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:02 pm

MrDoodles wrote:And the biggest traitors to their own people, are these f*cking idiots in the Church of England!!! Mad

Mr D, just a quick question, sorry it's a change of subject

From your posts I know you have a lot of respect for the Armed Forces, but what are your views on the Ghurka's and their rights to retire in the UK?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:30 pm

I'm the king wrote:

Mr D, just a quick question, sorry it's a change of subject

From your posts I know you have a lot of respect for the Armed Forces, but what are your views on the Ghurka's and their rights to retire in the UK?

The same as Joanna Lumley's, is that clear enough? Question Question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:04 am

MrDoodles wrote:

The same as Joanna Lumley's, is that clear enough? Question Question

So how can you support a party that wants them all sent home when they retire?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:28 am

I'm the king wrote:

So how can you support a party that wants them all sent home when they retire?

Can you post the Link to that in either their Policies or their last Manifesto please? Question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:50 am

well nick griffin was asked the same question as I asked you (pretty much) and his reply was:

"Our policy position is the country is full. No more immigrants."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:00 am

I'm the king wrote:well nick griffin was asked the same question as I asked you (pretty much) and his reply was:

"Our policy position is the country is full. No more immigrants."

You (like the PC Lefty Liberals) are deliberately mis-quoting Nick Griffin, for your own cheap Political point scoring! Twisted Evil

Yes, the Country IS full, but there is no such Policy to bar Ghurka's out of this Country and you are being disingenuous in suggesting that there is! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:03 am

MrDoodles wrote:

You (like the PC Lefty Liberals) are deliberately mis-quoting Nick Griffin, for your own cheap Political point scoring! Twisted Evil

Yes, the Country IS full, but there is no such Policy to bar Ghurka's out of this Country and you are being disingenuous in suggesting that there is! Twisted Evil

If I have misquoted him then why did he not answer the question. Why bring up a different policy when answering the question. If it doesn't relate to them, then why mention it? It is him that brought up wanting to stop immigration when answering the question.

To suggest he means otherwise is confusing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:44 am

MrDoodles wrote:

How do the BNP go about picking and choosing which immigrants are okay and which ones are to be sent away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:57 am

Seren wrote:

How do the BNP go about picking and choosing which immigrants are okay and which ones are to be sent away.

He also said

"if it is what the British people wanted... we would have to get rid of 100,000... Muslims to make space for them... That is something I would be prepare to BEND OUR RULES for"

Sounds like it is actually policy to me.

His "respect" for them is limited to classing them as mercenaries, as does Simon Darby.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:29 pm

Seren wrote:

By looking after the one's that have actually fought for Britain, opposed to the one's that are trying to destroy it! Twisted Evil

Quite easy really! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:09 pm

This article is back from when Joanna Lumley was protesting about treatment of the Gurkhas. Is it real Mr D, and if so, have they changed their position?

http://www.danbyles.co.uk/conservatives/news/dan-byles%E2%80%99-disgust-bnp-gurkha-insult

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Back to the subject.....and in relation to the title...i have just one question.....WHY....even if they ARE a numerical minority, this is still an (nominally)christian country, and it is the "others" who should keep their heads down and their mouths SHUT.
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:38 pm

sassy1261 wrote:This article is back from when Joanna Lumley was protesting about treatment of the Gurkhas. Is it real Mr D, and if so, have they changed their position?

http://www.danbyles.co.uk/conservatives/news/dan-byles%E2%80%99-disgust-bnp-gurkha-insult

As I posted on the other thread, I'm surprised that you believe rubbish like this, there is NO date or BNP logo on the "leaflet", so is either something they have knocked up themselves, or ancient history! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 am

To stop anymore accusations of me lying on this subject here it is in their own words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNORoGEXDac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:31 am

victorismyhero wrote:Back to the subject.....and in relation to the title...i have just one question.....WHY....even if they ARE a numerical minority, this is still an (nominally)christian country, and it is the "others" who should keep their heads down and their mouths SHUT.

Having a minority acting like the majority is a sure fire way to increase hatred. The church has too much say in what happens in this country and that is unfair. I believe there are more atheists than all other religions, we'll find out for sure in September (I think) when the demographic data from the Census is published.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:49 pm

I'm the king wrote:To stop anymore accusations of me lying on this subject here it is in their own words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNORoGEXDac

Yet again, I have to ask you, whether or not, you bothered to watch the Link you posted?

Well I have, a couple of times and made some notes and the following are direct quotes from Nick Griffin made in the video. Twisted Evil

"Up to the British people" referring on whether they should come hear or not. Twisted Evil

"They deserve to be here", "Get rid of 100,000 un-assimilatable immigrants, to make room for them", "Bend the rules" (to let them in) and letting the Ghurka's settle here was "In the interests of this Country" Twisted Evil

Please also bear in mind, that this filmed BEFORE the LibLabCon had to do a U-turn on letting them in, due to public opinion! Twisted Evil

No doubt Nick Griffin has a "hidden agenda" that he's not telling us about of course! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:44 am

MrDoodles wrote:

Yet again, I have to ask you, whether or not, you bothered to watch the Link you posted?

Well I have, a couple of times and made some notes and the following are direct quotes from Nick Griffin made in the video. Twisted Evil

"Up to the British people" referring on whether they should come hear or not. Twisted Evil

"They deserve to be here", "Get rid of 100,000 un-assimilatable immigrants, to make room for them", "Bend the rules" (to let them in) and letting the Ghurka's settle here was "In the interests of this Country" Twisted Evil

Please also bear in mind, that this filmed BEFORE the LibLabCon had to do a U-turn on letting them in, due to public opinion! Twisted Evil

No doubt Nick Griffin has a "hidden agenda" that he's not telling us about of course! Rolling Eyes

Yet again you show that you haven't read replies correctly, if you had you wouldn't be quoting the same thing as me.

Bending the rules, means that as it stands the BNP rules state they aren't allowed in. Which is what I said.

His agenda isn't hidden, it's obvious that he believes they shouldn't be let in. but he would swap them for muslims if the British people want that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:47 am

I'm the king wrote:

Yet again you show that you haven't read replies correctly, if you had you wouldn't be quoting the same thing as me.

Bending the rules, means that as it stands the BNP rules state they aren't allowed in. Which is what I said.

His agenda isn't hidden, it's obvious that he believes they shouldn't be let in. but he would swap them for muslims if the British people want that.

And yet again, you can't take you blinkered view off either! Evil or Very Mad

I urge you to watch the Link that YOU posted again and actually listen to the words that are being said, rather than what you think is being said!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:00 am

I have watched it, I listened to the words, that's why I posted it. I urger you to watch it without your BNP issue specs on.

Which rule is he willing to bend if the British people would swap 100,000 muslims?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:14 am

I'm the king wrote:I have watched it, I listened to the words, that's why I posted it. I urger you to watch it without your BNP issue specs on.

Which rule is he willing to bend if the British people would swap 100,000 muslims?

So which bit of "it's up to the British people" don't you understand then? Question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:22 am

I understand it, why won't you answer my question?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:22 pm

I'm the king wrote:I understand it, why won't you answer my question?

What, the "which rule" question? Question

Assuming you mean that, Nick Griffin stated at the outset of the video that "Britain was full" (which it is) Twisted Evil

Which does of course mean "No more immigrants, except in exceptional cases" Twisted Evil

Well the Ghurka's ARE the exceptional case, which Nick then went on to make clear in the rest of the video! Very Happy

Are you sure you've watched it? Question

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top