Woman 'microwaves kitten after party row with neighbour'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Woman 'microwaves kitten after party row with neighbour'

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:40 am

A woman has been accused of microwaving her neighbour's kitten after she was allegedly thrown out of a party. Gina Robins, 30, faces one charge of causing unnecessary suffering to the pet by putting it in the appliance at a house in Torquay, Devon, on February 16.

It is claimed the short-haired kitten, which was only a few months old, suffered devastating injuries and died.

Robins, wearing a black dress and a white coat, pleaded not guilty when she appeared before magistrates and only spoke to confirm her name and address.

The case is being brought forward by the RSPCA after its owner made a formal complaint.

Robins, of Torquay, was granted bail and is due back before magistrates on August 12 for a pre-trial review. The charge was brought under the Animal Welfare Act 2006. RSPCA spokesman Sophie Wilkinson said: 'We can't comment on an active case but we would urge that if anybody had any concerns about animal welfare to call the RSPCA immediately.'

Tragic: A kitten similar to the one that was allegedly microwaved by Gina Robins

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2012844/Gina-Robins-accused-microwaving-kitten-party-row-neighbour.html#ixzz1Rbhufjej
......and what punishment will she receive???? How can anyone be so evil Sad

Last edited by Feelthelove on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Woman 'microwaves kitten after party row with neighbour'

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:58 am

Stick her in a microwave. What a foul ............................................!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:28 am

Sadly SO indicative of todays 'society'.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:36 am

I'd best not comment on this story, or I WILL be banned!! Mad

Back to top Go down

Latest on this story......

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Gina Robins (centre) covers her face as she walks towards Torquay magistrates court. Photograph: Ben Birchall/PA

A woman killed a kitten by microwaving it after falling out with the animal's owner, a court has been told.

Gina Robins, 30, is alleged to have put the pet into the microwave while at the home of its owner, Sarah Knutton.

Knutton heard a loud popping noise "like a crisp packet being popped", followed by a "screeching" noise. When she went into the kitchen and saw what had happened to the kitten she was sick in the sink.

Magistrates in Torbay, Devon, were told that shortly before the incident Knutton, also 30, had made a complaint about Robins's partner.

After the kitten had died, Robins sent a text message to Knutton saying: "Remember the saying: 'What goes around comes around?' It has started already to bite you in the arse. The cat? Karma."

Iain O'Donnell, prosecuting for the RSPCA, said: "It is our case that the defendant put the kitten in the microwave and cooked it to death."

Robins, of Torquay, denies a single charge of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.

She claims that the microwave was accidentally turned on by one of the cats after the kitten got inside.

But Knutton, giving evidence, claimed the kittens were too small to even get on the work surface.

In a statement read in court, Colin Cameron, a vet who examined the dead animal, said there was "no doubt the kitten would have suffered unnecessarily" before dying.

The trial continues.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/23/kitten-killed-microwave

Is there no limit to the evil inside some people? Do they make microwaves big enough to administer justice in this case???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:28 pm

She is obviously not right in the head, evil bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Nems Again wrote:She is obviously not right in the head, evil bitch

If she had done something like that to one of my pets I can't imagine how I would have restrained myself Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:43 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

If she had done something like that to one of my pets I can't imagine how I would have restrained myself Evil or Very Mad

Well I know I would not have done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:04 pm

you really have to wonder what kind of people walk amongst us dont you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Nems Again wrote:you really have to wonder what kind of people walk amongst us dont you?

If you actually sat down and thought about that Nems, it would frighten the hell out of you wouldn't it!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:43 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

If you actually sat down and thought about that Nems, it would frighten the hell out of you wouldn't it!!!!!

Its true you know it would No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Nems Again wrote:

Its true you know it would No

I'm going to sound like a snob now but I come from a working class family. I try to avoid going into town at lunchtime but when I do, I have to question where all these people come from Sad

Screaming at their kids, swearing, no manners, half dressed looking as though a good wash wouldn't hurt. Respect for yourself, for others costs nothing No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

I'm going to sound like a snob now but I come from a working class family. I try to avoid going into town at lunchtime but when I do, I have to question where all these people come from Sad

Screaming at their kids, swearing, no manners, half dressed looking as though a good wash wouldn't hurt. Respect for yourself, for others costs nothing No

Oh how I agree on that! I while ago I was on the bus, it was summer and three girls were sitting behind me, making so much noise, cursing and swearing. There was a lovely muslim couple that I know with their little girl in front of me, and they were trying to distract the child and obviously upset. The girls then got off the bus. As they were getting off, their skirts were so short it left nothing to the imagination, in fact, when one reached up to hold on to balance herself, it was perfectly obvious she was not wearing any pants. No self respect, no class, no manners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Know what REALLY gets me going is the ignore it school of parenting! You know the child is speaking or asking for something and gets ignored and so just keeps asking and asking until the mother flips out and starts screaming at the child "SHUT UP YOU ARE DOIN MY EFFIN EAD IN!" Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Nems Again wrote:

Know what REALLY gets me going is the ignore it school of parenting! You know the child is speaking or asking for something and gets ignored and so just keeps asking and asking until the mother flips out and starts screaming at the child "SHUT UP YOU ARE DOIN MY EFFIN EAD IN!" Evil or Very Mad

Oh, thats the worst one of all!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

I would have burnt the bitch myself.

end of.
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:45 pm

........and the sentence???? 168 days and no apparent signs of remorse according to news reports Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:47 pm

Feelthelove wrote:........and the sentence???? 168 days and no apparent signs of remorse according to news reports Evil or Very Mad

and she can't keep and animal for a number of years. Really bad isn't it, what a terribly hard sentence! Rolling Eyes Foul piece of work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:59 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

and she can't keep and animal for a number of years. Really bad isn't it, what a terribly hard sentence! Rolling Eyes Foul piece of work!

We need to make bigger microwaves for such circumstances

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

We need to make bigger microwaves for such circumstances

What a good idea!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top