A NIGERIAN mum who headed for Britain when she learned she was pregnant is battling to stay after having QUINS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A NIGERIAN mum who headed for Britain when she learned she was pregnant is battling to stay after having QUINS

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:54 am

A NIGERIAN mum who headed for Britain when she learned she was pregnant is battling to stay after having QUINS, The Sun can reveal.

Bimbo Ayelabola, 33, had been taking twice the prescribed dose of a potent fertility drug while at home in Lagos.

Within days of discovering she was expecting she obtained a visitor's visa for Britain.

And she ended up getting the best treatment possible on the NHS following an emergency Health Service scan which showed she was expecting four babies.

After months of taxpayer-funded care - costing an estimated £200,000 - Bimbo had a complex Caesarean op 32 weeks into her pregnancy on April 28.

Doctors at Homerton Hospital, in Hackney, East London, then discovered there was a fifth baby.

Now, two months later, Bimbo is applying to the Home Office to extend her stay in the UK because boys Tayseel and Samir and girls Aqeelah, Binish and Zara - although healthy - are too fragile to fly home.

Bimbo is also arguing that there is no "support network" of family and friends left in Nigeria to help her bring up her kids because they are all in the UK already.

Bimbo's husband Ohi, 37, is not. He came to Britain to visit her in hospital but fled back to Nigeria after discovering it was a multiple pregnancy and he faced being responsible for the brood.

The Home Office will now decide whether to grant Bimbo a six-month extension of her visa which expired on June 27.

Officials are also considering sending her a bill for the huge cost of her six months of care which included treatment by consultants, paediatricians, nurses, midwives, social workers and back-up staff. But Bimbo would be unable to pay anyway.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3673011/Nigerian-mum-Bimbo-Ayelabola-flew-into-Britain-and-had-quins-on-the-NHS.html#ixzz1R2h3DZh3

Back to top Go down

Re: A NIGERIAN mum who headed for Britain when she learned she was pregnant is battling to stay after having QUINS

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Fantastic News folks! Rolling Eyes

Just keep voting for more of the same! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Re: A NIGERIAN mum who headed for Britain when she learned she was pregnant is battling to stay after having QUINS

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:00 pm

MrDoodles wrote:Fantastic News folks! Rolling Eyes

I haven't voted for years to be honest, there is little point in my area. As I've said before, I'm hoping by the next general election that a single party will stand out, that I will agree with most of their policies. To date that hasn't happened so I'd rather not vote than get it wrong Sad

I have mixed feelings about Bimbo (what an unfortunate name)

My head says why on earth are we being expected to pay for this family but my heart says that they are here now and the babies didn't ask to be born No

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:56 pm

MrDoodles wrote:Fantastic News folks! Rolling Eyes

perhaps we should simply deduct the cost of her care, and that of ALL future benefits she receives, plus the cost of the undoubted problems THAT brood is going to produce, from the aid package we send to nigeria....or perhaps we could make one of the bleeding heart societies that plead for these parasites responsible for her financial future........
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top