I had to bloody laugh

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I had to bloody laugh

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Honestly, I did laugh when two Witnesses handed me a leaflet. It was an invitation to a 3 day assembly where thousands of Witnesses go for a dose of brain washing.
The discourse will highlight the coming of God’s Kingdom on Earth. This is part of the leaflet:

“…how this planet will soon be transformed into a paradise and how you and your family can qualify to live there.”

Oh I’ve bought my ticket, despite costing an arm and a leg…lol

Why the hell didn’t God keep the paradise he supposedly created, instead of deliberately inviting Satan to cock it up and cause havoc?
I presume then, if it’s going to be a paradise, He’s going to put a stop to volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, terrible floods, landslips-mudflows, disease and pestilence, and stop the tectonic plates from moving around the planet.

Again I ask: Why didn’t he do his job properly in the first place? Incompetent fairy! It's about time Gaia pensioned him off.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I had to bloody laugh

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:05 pm

stardesk wrote:Honestly, I did laugh when two Witnesses handed me a leaflet. It was an invitation to a 3 day assembly where thousands of Witnesses go for a dose of brain washing.
The discourse will highlight the coming of God’s Kingdom on Earth. This is part of the leaflet:

“…how this planet will soon be transformed into a paradise and how you and your family can qualify to live there.”

Oh I’ve bought my ticket, despite costing an arm and a leg…lol

Why the hell didn’t God keep the paradise he supposedly created, instead of deliberately inviting Satan to cock it up and cause havoc?
I presume then, if it’s going to be a paradise, He’s going to put a stop to volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, terrible floods, landslips-mudflows, disease and pestilence, and stop the tectonic plates from moving around the planet.

Again I ask: Why didn’t he do his job properly in the first place? Incompetent fairy! It's about time Gaia pensioned him off.

How we can qualify to live here? Ever heard of sitting tenants! Laughing Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I had to bloody laugh

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:29 pm

A very good point, Sassy. I pay my bills like a good citizen, I demand my rights! And I have legal rights as an Englishman with an ancestry going back to the first inhabitants of these fair isles.... Shocked

Seriously though, assuming for the sake of this arguement God is real, why didn't he do his job properly in the beginning? When you think about it, it does tend to be a myth, a fairy tale, engendered by primitive people who didn't understand the workings of the planet. A story had to be concocted with both good and bad personages who constantly battled it out as to who would inherit the Earth. Always dreaming of better things to come in their hard lives, the idea of a coming paradise was appealing.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I had to bloody laugh

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:22 am

Their leaflets are very funny. They show a lion and a lamb lying down together in harmony, in peace.
it's so ridiculous.
We should ask them what will we all be eating in the new paradise.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I had to bloody laugh

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:26 pm

Oh that's easy Seren, Mana from heaven, whatever that is, 5000 of us will be fed from one loaf, and we'll all drink water turned into wine. MMMmmm, can't wait.

The question of food is another contradiction in the Bible. On The Ark are not only farm animals, but wild and more importantly for this arguement, predatory animals. Asuming there were 2 of every kind on board, for about 3-4 months, that would have meant a huge amount of food for the grazers, and extra animals for the meat eating predators. That would have meant a boat about 4 times the size of the Ark, or several more boats in tow.

When these factors are thought about, one can see just how ridiculous are many of the accounts in the Bible, especially, to my mind and reasoning, the story of the Creation.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I had to bloody laugh

Post by victorismyhero on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:04 pm

stardesk wrote:Oh that's easy Seren, Mana from heaven, whatever that is, 5000 of us will be fed from one loaf, and we'll all drink water turned into wine. MMMmmm, can't wait.

The question of food is another contradiction in the Bible. On The Ark are not only farm animals, but wild and more importantly for this arguement, predatory animals. Asuming there were 2 of every kind on board, for about 3-4 months, that would have meant a huge amount of food for the grazers, and extra animals for the meat eating predators. That would have meant a boat about 4 times the size of the Ark, or several more boats in tow.

When these factors are thought about, one can see just how ridiculous are many of the accounts in the Bible, especially, to my mind and reasoning, the story of the Creation.


I must admit to finding the story of the creation actually quite facinating, for me it is one of the few parts of the bible, that, if interpreted with a scientific eye, rather than literally. and that you make the assumption that it was told by someone who was trying to teach an uneducated pastoral peasentry the origins of all things, actually does make some sense. It would involve a super mega post to go thriugh it in detail...and i might if asked, but a couple of examples may suffice to indicat how I think on this...

"in the beginning God created heaven and earth" this presupposes that before then there was nothing.

Now as far as I understand things.....before the "big bang" which again I understand to be a singularity of infinite smallness, containing all the matter of the universe appearing out of nowhere in particular (apparently a habit of singularities??????) and expanding...well before then there was nothing....not even....nothing affraid (try actually thinking about that and tell me it doesnt "do your head in")

god made man from clay

well actually, in a very roundabout way yes, indeed he did. you see clay is a higly electrostatically charged mineral and "attracts" a number of quite reactive chemical compounds to it, providing a huge and highly active reaction surface, and it is understood today that this was most likely the originator of the "primordial soup" from which life first appeared. (and from which it seems, some specimins of humanity have only recently crawled)

now I dont think that either of those concepts are going to lodge in the fuzzy grey matter present in between the ears of your average uneducated goatherd, so ....

in the begining god created heaven and earth.....and....god made man from clay.....now they WILL stick

as i said...I think, i could actually rewrite the book of genesis from a scientific point of view, without invoking god at all, and yet at the end you would know that i had just in fact described genesis.
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2599
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: I had to bloody laugh

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi Victor. You mentioned above the Big Bang starting from small beginnings, singularities, and the nothingness before that. When you consider how nature and life works, and indeed microcosm, atomic and genetic fields, you'll find there is a balance bewteen positive and negative. Neither one can exist without the other. Using that principle and applying it to the Big Bang, the Universe and nothingness, it is logical that there was something prior to that scenario. Perhaps another Universe which had a big crunch, leading to our current universe's original atom from which came the Big Bang. Projecting that idea forwards we may well have a big crunch, which is something some scientists believe and predict. And so it goes on and on, Big Bang, Big Crunch, Big Bang, Big Crunch...ad-infinitum

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I had to bloody laugh

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:12 pm

Please note I've changed my avatar, but it's still me, Stardesk.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I had to bloody laugh

Post by victorismyhero on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:51 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi Victor. You mentioned above the Big Bang starting from small beginnings, singularities, and the nothingness before that. When you consider how nature and life works, and indeed microcosm, atomic and genetic fields, you'll find there is a balance bewteen positive and negative. Neither one can exist without the other. Using that principle and applying it to the Big Bang, the Universe and nothingness, it is logical that there was something prior to that scenario. Perhaps another Universe which had a big crunch, leading to our current universe's original atom from which came the Big Bang. Projecting that idea forwards we may well have a big crunch, which is something some scientists believe and predict. And so it goes on and on, Big Bang, Big Crunch, Big Bang, Big Crunch...ad-infinitum



hmmm...rather like the economy
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2599
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: I had to bloody laugh

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Indeed it is, Victor. Where will it all end? It seems the whole world is protesting about something, are the religious minded right and we're heading for armagedon? Not God's doing but by our own hands?

On reflection this brings me back to opposites again. When a balance is upset then all manner of things happen to redress the situation, and in that respect is Mother Nature trying to cull the human race because it has over populated, and in the near future there wont be enough to feed many millions, especially when we consider the drought in Africa.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum