'She was screaming and I carried on hitting her with rock': What 'calm' schoolboy accused of killing 15-year-old ex told shocked friends afterwards

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'She was screaming and I carried on hitting her with rock': What 'calm' schoolboy accused of killing 15-year-old ex told shocked friends afterwards

Post by SEXY MAMA on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:07 am

A schoolboy accused of murdering teenager Rebecca Aylward was ‘calm’ as he told friends how he battered her to death with a rock, a court heard today.
A jury was told that the 16-year-old boy said to pals: ‘The time has come’ before walking into a forest with Rebecca, 15.
The alleged killer then allegedly called his two friends into the woods to tell them of his chilling crime - and how Rebecca screamed as she was allegedly murdered.

Murdered: Rebecca Aylward, 15, was found dead with head injuries in secluded woods near Bridgend
Speaking via videolink, the boy told how he and another pal had spent the day with the accused teenager just before Rebecca - known as Becca - died.

More...
Two police dogs 'boil to death' in car as temperatures soar
Did Cameron's 'rock' die of a heart attack 20 hours before his body was discovered in a portable toilet at Glastonbury?
He said: ‘We knew he was going to meet Becca and they were going into the forest.
‘When he got off the phone he said: “The time has come” - I asked him what he meant and he said: ‘I'm just messing.’

South Wales Police officers at the scene where Rebecca's body was discovered in woods near Bridgend

Playful: This picture shows Rebecca (left) at the age of five giggling with her sister Jessica, aged three
But Swansea Crown Court heard how a couple of hours later the accused boy phoned his friends and told them to come to the forest.
The boy asked him: ‘Are you with Becca?’ The alleged killer allegedly giggled as he answered: ‘Define with?’
The boy told how his second friend ran ahead to meet up with the accused boy and Rebecca - but returned alone minutes later after seeing the bloody scene.

Investigation: Police at the woodland near Aberkenfig where Rebecca was found
Enlarge
He said: ‘He came back and said Becca was just laying there face down on the floor.
‘He said at first our friend was stood over her a bit panicky but after a second he was back to his calm self and was normal.
‘He told us he hit her over the head with a rock, he said she was screaming and he carried on hitting her when she dropped to the floor.
‘He said there was blood on the rock so he threw it into the bushes.
‘We were shocked and quite scared - but he was calm and his usual self.

Trial: Swansea Crown Court heard today that Rebecca's alleged killer, lured her to a secluded wood near Bridgend before attacking her
‘When we came out of the forest, he was calmest out of all of us. We were quite in shock but he was sort of laughing.
‘He was just being himself. He didn't seem bothered. He thought in his head he was going to get away with it - that is how he came across.
‘He was really confident and giggling. He didn't see any consequences.’
The friend told why he went to parents to tell police.
He said: ‘I didn't want this to be real but when I was in bed it sunk in and I knew I had to say something.
‘I was his friend and didn't want him to get into trouble. But when I realised what had happened I had to do something.’
Swansea Crown Court heard the day after the attack the boy went into his parents' bedroom scared and crying.
He said: ‘I told my parents what happened and then we came down to the police station.’ Rebecca, from Maesteg, Bridgend, South Wales was found by police the morning after the attack.
She was wearing new clothes bought the day before, The boy denies murder and blames his friend for the killing. The trial continues.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2008754/Rebecca-Aylward-accused-calm-murdered-court-hears.html#ixzz1QZGly2jk
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Re: 'She was screaming and I carried on hitting her with rock': What 'calm' schoolboy accused of killing 15-year-old ex told shocked friends afterwards

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:24 am

I really don't know what to say, the boy must be psychotic!

Back to top Go down

Re: 'She was screaming and I carried on hitting her with rock': What 'calm' schoolboy accused of killing 15-year-old ex told shocked friends afterwards

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:21 pm

And now we get to spend £40,000 a year on him, keeping him in jail before some daft parole board tell us he's "better" and he comes out and does it again! Sad

Great! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:26 pm

sassy1261 wrote:I really don't know what to say, the boy must be psychotic!

How on earth to some people's minds work? Unbelievable Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:33 pm

MrDoodles wrote:And now we get to spend £40,000 a year on him, keeping him in jail before some daft parole board tell us he's "better" and he comes out and does it again! Sad

Great! Rolling Eyes

the problem here Mr D, as surely you must admit is...is this boy mad or bad. This needs to be settled BEFORE any reasonable discussion as to his (theoretical) future can be had. Obviously, if he is "mad" then it is reasonable that he should be incarcerated in a max security hospital, since humane treatment of the sick, whether pysically or mentally defines (or should at least in part define) our civilisation. If he is just plain bad, that is to say truely evil, and thus likely to be a recidivist then perhaps the other "humane " answer might be considered?
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:11 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

the problem here Mr D, as surely you must admit is...is this boy mad or bad. This needs to be settled BEFORE any reasonable discussion as to his (theoretical) future can be had. Obviously, if he is "mad" then it is reasonable that he should be incarcerated in a max security hospital, since humane treatment of the sick, whether pysically or mentally defines (or should at least in part define) our civilisation. If he is just plain bad, that is to say truely evil, and thus likely to be a recidivist then perhaps the other "humane " answer might be considered?

Sorry Victor, it wouldn't matter to me whether he either mad or bad, I'd have the evil little f*cker swinging from the gallows, definitely NO re-offending! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:19 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

Sorry Victor, it wouldn't matter to me whether he either mad or bad, I'd have the evil little f*cker swinging from the gallows, definitely NO re-offending! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

So you would hang children with mental illness, because with real mental illness, especially psychosis or schizophrenia, it can happen to anyone at any time and the person suffering it cannot fight it, because they have no control over it. I'm not saying this is the case with this child, but if it is, you would hang him? I really don't understand your position. So many times you talk of other countries being uncivilised and yet you would take us back to the dark ages?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:32 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

So you would hang children with mental illness, because with real mental illness, especially psychosis or schizophrenia, it can happen to anyone at any time and the person suffering it cannot fight it, because they have no control over it. I'm not saying this is the case with this child, but if it is, you would hang him? I really don't understand your position. So many times you talk of other countries being uncivilised and yet you would take us back to the dark ages?

Sorry sassy, but we've had 50 years of doing it the "do-gooders" way, time for a change and some REAL punishment to be handed out! Twisted Evil

I would restore capital punishment for paedophiles, terrorists and murderers as an option for judges in cases where their guilt is proven beyond dispute (such as with DNA or other compelling evidence. Twisted Evil

I would also make prisons more austere and make criminals serve their full sentences.

Offenders will be made to understand that they are being punished and not rewarded with a state-subsidised holiday for their crimes;

I would also;

- Use electronically tagged “chain gangs” to provide labour for projects such as coastal defences;
- Introduce automatic prison sentences for all repeat offenders;
- Put police back on the streets and remove their current political correctness shackles;
- Allow victims of crime full freedom to defend themselves and their property;
- Make joint custody of children the norm in divorce cases;
- Grant anonymity to those accused of crimes until they are convicted;
- Make police concentrate on real criminals and serve the public, not the government’s political aspirations.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:39 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

Sorry sassy, but we've had 50 years of doing it the "do-gooders" way, time for a change and some REAL punishment to be handed out! Twisted Evil

I would restore capital punishment for paedophiles, terrorists and murderers as an option for judges in cases where their guilt is proven beyond dispute (such as with DNA or other compelling evidence. Twisted Evil

I would also make prisons more austere and make criminals serve their full sentences.

Offenders will be made to understand that they are being punished and not rewarded with a state-subsidised holiday for their crimes;

I would also;

- Use electronically tagged “chain gangs” to provide labour for projects such as coastal defences;
- Put police back on the streets and remove their current political correctness shackles;
- Make police concentrate on real criminals and serve the public, not the government’s political aspirations.

And before that Mr D, we had a lot more than 50 of the type of things you are talking about, and terrible things happened. Very quickly, because I have to go, joint custody the norm, when so many women divorce because their husbands are abusive! No thanks, each case decided what is best for the child, but not in the way it is decided at the moment with only the mother and father allowed in court. Grandparents etc should be allowed a say and witness requested and social services are bloody useless! Now got to go, hope to catch you tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:47 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

In This case Mr D, i think we will have to dissagree. It is not merely a question of "do gooding" or indeed the chances of reoffending. it has to do with the PRIME tenet of law and therefore justice...that of proportionality.

Provided you can 100% confidently assess the quilt or otherwise of a person (which i doubt...your belief in DNA evidence is misplaced i can assure you...it is far from "compelling" and DOES NOT count for the possibility of a "bent copper" out to make his name) that said however IF you can be truely confident then it is perhaps proportionate to exact a death penalty in the case of someone who is truely evil. It IS NOT however proportionate to exact the same penalty on someone who is mentally unstable. this principle has long been established in british law, back even into the saxon times, (whence a lot of our law is based)
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:57 pm

I think what society requires and really should demand is PROTECTION from felony and violence.

The idea of rehabilitation is better than "eye for an eye" but many people today no longer have faith in protection from criminals.

Surely with modern technology we can ensure that probation is given when deserved but adequately monitored.

If a KNOWN felon re offends, creating a new innocent victim, then the justice system has failed.

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Seren wrote:I think what society requires and really should demand is PROTECTION from felony and violence.

The idea of rehabilitation is better than "eye for an eye" but many people today no longer have faith in protection from criminals.

Surely with modern technology we can ensure that probation is given when deserved but adequately monitored.

If a KNOWN felon re offends, creating a new innocent victim, then the justice system has failed.

having said what i have said to Mr D, I also have to say that the "rehabilitation brigade" seem to have utterly failed in respect of the stated aim...a very small percentage of "rehabilitated" offenders go on to lead a good life....most reoffend, which to me is the most damning indictment of the " rehab" policy. You could consider that even 1 person sucessfully rehabilitaed in 1000 is a good result, however it IS NOT, since the real victim...society..... is NOT thereby protected, and the result is the mamby pamby stupidity that we suffer today, where the offender is better treated very often than the victim. For various reasons i have doubts about the death penalty, however there ARE cases where i could countenance its use....Bellfield being one....A multiple offender of the most horrendous kind....no hope of rehab for him and an evil bastard to boot. And moreover, rather than concentrate on what has proved to be entirely useless rehab programs, and the moronic softly softly approach now in vogue, i would rather see, as i have said before, MOST...but not all, offenders being sent to prisons that are places to be feared. ( I say most but not all, because SOME "offenders" are only there because money has its way....poll tax defaulters, tv licence dogers, and of course silly first time offences...) Perhaps, by making these "hard" prisons places of fear, misery and despondancy, most will stay away from crime...or at least will not want a second dose.

when i was 11 and went to the comprehensive school, the PE teacher, in his first words said

"Hello, my name is Mr******** , and you WILL obey me. You will do this for one of two reasons, either because you respect me, which i Prefer, or because you fear me. Either will do...but you WILL obey me"

And THAT is how it should be with the law....respect it or fear it....you WILL obey it.
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:06 am

I think you have hit the nail on the head there Victor

My local primary school struggles with maintaining an environment suitable for our youngsters to receive a good education due to, and I am quoting the teacher here, "the differing abilities of the children in the school which present a challenging environment for the teachers".

For those of you who do not understand the above rubbish this translates into the teacher telling me that in her class she has a couple of little girls who are very advanced in their reading and writing whilst that class also has a few boys who are still biting their fellow children at age 7 and 8.

Fast forward to my local jujitsu group and I am amazed to see how much control the instructor has over a large class of around 35 children. Admittedly any "mucking about" warrants press-ups as punishment but those children are respectful to him, and basically worship the ground he walks on. Approval from him is everything to those children.

I feel that the education system in this country has WILLINGLY given up on discipline, respect and good behaviour in schools. They can hide behind blaming the parents, bad diets, too much TV and electronic gadgets, ADHD and anything else but children are children just like they have always been. They are mini people who want guidance and acknowledgement from their elders and they will give respect and their full attention in return.

It's not rocket science.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:49 am

MrDoodles wrote:

I would also;

Nice of you to post the BNP manifesto, but what is YOUR opinion?

Being fair, we still don't know the full facts of this and it may be one of the other kids that did it.

You cannot go about killing people with mental problems, where would you stop in this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:56 am

victorismyhero wrote:

In This case Mr D, i think we will have to dissagree. It is not merely a question of "do gooding" or indeed the chances of reoffending. it has to do with the PRIME tenet of law and therefore justice...that of proportionality.

Provided you can 100% confidently assess the quilt or otherwise of a person (which i doubt...your belief in DNA evidence is misplaced i can assure you...it is far from "compelling" and DOES NOT count for the possibility of a "bent copper" out to make his name) that said however IF you can be truely confident then it is perhaps proportionate to exact a death penalty in the case of someone who is truely evil. It IS NOT however proportionate to exact the same penalty on someone who is mentally unstable. this principle has long been established in british law, back even into the saxon times, (whence a lot of our law is based)

I agree with you fully on this.

DNA does not show guilt, only that you (or something with your DNA) was at the crime scene. In this case it offers nothing, as all the witnesses and the accused do not deny they were there.

I don't think you can ever (without a confession) have a 100% certainty in a conviction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:57 am

Seren wrote:I think you have hit the nail on the head there Victor

My local primary school struggles with maintaining an environment suitable for our youngsters to receive a good education due to, and I am quoting the teacher here, "the differing abilities of the children in the school which present a challenging environment for the teachers".

For those of you who do not understand the above rubbish this translates into the teacher telling me that in her class she has a couple of little girls who are very advanced in their reading and writing whilst that class also has a few boys who are still biting their fellow children at age 7 and 8.

Fast forward to my local jujitsu group and I am amazed to see how much control the instructor has over a large class of around 35 children. Admittedly any "mucking about" warrants press-ups as punishment but those children are respectful to him, and basically worship the ground he walks on. Approval from him is everything to those children.

I feel that the education system in this country has WILLINGLY given up on discipline, respect and good behaviour in schools. They can hide behind blaming the parents, bad diets, too much TV and electronic gadgets, ADHD and anything else but children are children just like they have always been. They are mini people who want guidance and acknowledgement from their elders and they will give respect and their full attention in return.

It's not rocket science.

I think another difference in your analogy is that the kids want to go to jujitsu but are forced to go to school.

I have coached many kids rugby teams and have coped fine, but wouldn't last a second in a class room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:19 am

I'm the king wrote:

Nice of you to post the BNP manifesto, but what is YOUR opinion?

As I agree with the BNP's "Crime and Justice" Policies 100%, it IS my opinion! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:35 am

I'm the king wrote:

I think another difference in your analogy is that the kids want to go to jujitsu but are forced to go to school.

I have coached many kids rugby teams and have coped fine, but wouldn't last a second in a class room.

You make a valid point in that children are "forced" to go to school. Personally I find "forced" a rather harsh term. I would use the term "required" really as I rarely see children being physically manhandled into schools beyond the reception stage.

The children are in agreement that they are required to go to school and participate in a registration process followed by a scheduled number of class changes each day along with agreed break and lunch periods.

Does any of this sound "forced" to you? These children participate in this schedule without the need for force. They are children, mini human beings with an IQ and understanding which far surpass any other higher mammal on this planet.

I appreciate your candidness in saying that you personally could not educate the next generation but many good parents could do a great job.

I know many parents who command respect due to their general character, and indeed would make excellent teachers but unfortunately have taken different career paths.

Children are not uncontrollable and given the right circumstances can be respectful and well-behaved and allow the whole class to learn together.

Schools have willingly given up the option of exclusion which happened a lot when I was younger. I am not sure why. Maybe its when they closed all those borstals. I wonder what happened to borstals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:58 am

Seren wrote:

You make a valid point in that children are "forced" to go to school. Personally I find "forced" a rather harsh term. I would use the term "required" really as I rarely see children being physically manhandled into schools beyond the reception stage.

The children are in agreement that they are required to go to school and participate in a registration process followed by a scheduled number of class changes each day along with agreed break and lunch periods.

Does any of this sound "forced" to you? These children participate in this schedule without the need for force. They are children, mini human beings with an IQ and understanding which far surpass any other higher mammal on this planet.

I appreciate your candidness in saying that you personally could not educate the next generation but many good parents could do a great job.

I know many parents who command respect due to their general character, and indeed would make excellent teachers but unfortunately have taken different career paths.

Children are not uncontrollable and given the right circumstances can be respectful and well-behaved and allow the whole class to learn together.

Schools have willingly given up the option of exclusion which happened a lot when I was younger. I am not sure why. Maybe its when they closed all those borstals. I wonder what happened to borstals.

Force or required? either way they have not choice, and that is the difference. They will have to do things they don't want to do. Not all kids are in acceptance.

I never said I couldn't educate them, I said I wouldn't last a second in a classroom (ie I couldn't be a teacher) which unfortunately now, are 2 seperate things. My girlfriend is a teacher and she loves it and is very good at it. The majority of her work, though, is pastoral not educating, which is a shame.

Your comment about parents brings up a (slightly related) point. Too many parents think that as their kids are at school they no longer have to teach them anything. It is very easy to blame a school if a child cannot read but parents also need to look at themselves.

I don't know about schools giving up on exclusions I think they are effectively used when required, though for permanent exclusions you do need to jump through a few hoops (mainly the board, who are mainly parents).

Some borstals do exist, but they are under different names now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:02 am

I'm the king wrote:

Force or required? either way they have not choice, and that is the difference. They will have to do things they don't want to do. Not all kids are in acceptance.

I never said I couldn't educate them, I said I wouldn't last a second in a classroom (ie I couldn't be a teacher) which unfortunately now, are 2 seperate things. My girlfriend is a teacher and she loves it and is very good at it. The majority of her work, though, is pastoral not educating, which is a shame.

Your comment about parents brings up a (slightly related) point. Too many parents think that as their kids are at school they no longer have to teach them anything. It is very easy to blame a school if a child cannot read but parents also need to look at themselves.

I don't know about schools giving up on exclusions I think they are effectively used when required, though for permanent exclusions you do need to jump through a few hoops (mainly the board, who are mainly parents).

Some borstals do exist, but they are under different names now

Amazing how these problems didn't exist in schools, before we adopted trendy PC LW Teaching methods though, isn't it! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Seren wrote:I think you have hit the nail on the head there Victor

It's not rocket science.

I agree Seren and I think as adults, many of us look back on the stricter of our teachers with great affection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi folks. I'm baring my soul, here. Yet another very emotive issue. I second what Seren said:
'They are mini people who want guidance and acknowledgement from their elders and they will give respect and their full attention in return.'

Too many parents are quite willing to shove an electronic game, or pc, in their children's hands, and leave them to get on with it, thus leaving the parents free to do as they choose. I believe not enough is done by parents to find out what their children like, and what they could be good at, and ultimately achieve in adulthood.

Whislt my parents were good to me, they fed and clothed me, were never heavy handed, but because they were both too busy working for a living, I never received the love and attention I needed. I grew up being the black sheep of the family, -a tale I might tell another day.- I grew up not knowing who I was, what I was capable of, very confused. It wasn't until I was in my thirties I began to realise just what I was capable of and what interested me, thus I started to bring out the real me but, I had to re-educate myself. So, I can say from personal experience, a lot of kids behave badly through not having personal attention, not being helped to find their real selves and encouraged to do that which they might otherwise shine at.

I know it's difficult for teachers to give every child in her class that personal attention, so surely the parents must do their bit, and not fob their children off with excuses and electronics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:11 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

Amazing how these problems didn't exist in schools, before we adopted trendy PC LW Teaching methods though, isn't it! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I'm not sure of your point here, the main problem I mentioned was to do with parents not taking responsibility of their childs learning, what has that got to do with teaching methods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm the king wrote:

I'm not sure of your point here, the main problem I mentioned was to do with parents not taking responsibility of their childs learning, what has that got to do with teaching methods?

How about the general malaise that has set into society and bringing up in children in particular, after adopting trendy LW PC teaching methods in the late sixties and early seventies? Question Question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:50 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

How about the general malaise that has set into society and bringing up in children in particular, after adopting trendy LW PC teaching methods in the late sixties and early seventies? Question Question

I don't think teaching methods had anything to do with it. The fact was, that from the 80s onwards, women, even if they wanted to stay at home, could not afford to do so and had to work outside the home, even with small children. Lets face it, it was nearly always the mothers that read to the child, with the children, discussed what they had been doing at school, helped them with projects etc. They no longer had the time or the energy and the niceties of encouragement dropped by the wayside.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top