James Bulger Killer Loses Bid For Freedom

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: James Bulger Killer Loses Bid For Freedom

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:19 pm

shady wrote:

That's one way of looking at it.Another way is going to bed at night & praying to God that you don't fall asleep.

Ow, that sounds like you have the problem. There is never any shame in asking for help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:20 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

It has nothing to do with 'should'. Its what happens when people have to do things that they know are wrong but cannot be avoided. The stress of dealing with it produces the abnormally high level of mental illness suffered by returning soldiers, one of the symptoms of which, in some cases, is nightmares.

That's not quite right Sassy as my wife had a nightmare very recently & she's never actually been to war & to my knowledge,she's never done anything majorly wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:24 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

It strikes me you are very worried about this question Shady, the way you are demanding an answer.

That's the problem with cyberspace........misinterpretation.Sassy I am honestly not demanding anything.......I rarely demand.Well that's a bit of a fib because I demand lots of food but that's another story.

Me worried? No,just probing as I find this conversation excellent.

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:24 pm

shady wrote:

Well Victor,'they'.....the bad guys are doing that all the time.Afghan is rife with them & obviously the Taliban are the main recruiting sergeants.

But are you going to kill a child that's just about to kill you or a loved one? It's either yes or no Victor?

As i said earlier shady, short of certain, very specific and horrible circumstance, i dont forsee such an event happening to me, however, faced with such a situation, for instance a child armed with a gun intent on using it, then reluctantly and with deep sadness yes i would kill in defence. Such an act i think, even though justified, would probably haunt me forever. this however is far removed from condoning "judicial execution" of a child.
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:26 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Ow, that sounds like you have the problem. There is never any shame in asking for help.

We all have problems Sassy & I agree that there is no shame in asking for help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:29 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

As i said earlier shady, short of certain, very specific and horrible circumstance, i dont forsee such an event happening to me, however, faced with such a situation, for instance a child armed with a gun intent on using it, then reluctantly and with deep sadness yes i would kill in defence. Such an act i think, even though justified, would probably haunt me forever. this however is far removed from condoning "judicial execution" of a child.

I agree with you entirely.And I go back to my earlier comment.....Hopefully none of us will ever be placed in the scenario where we have time to think about killing a child.

But time waits for no man.No man at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:30 pm

shady wrote:

That's not quite right Sassy as my wife had a nightmare very recently & she's never actually been to war & to my knowledge,she's never done anything majorly wrong.

Well, she might not have been to war, but there was definitely something bothering her! Nightmares do not come to untroubled minds. I hope it doesn't return.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:32 pm

shady wrote:

I agree with you entirely.And I go back to my earlier comment.....Hopefully none of us will ever be placed in the scenario where we have time to think about killing a child.

But time waits for no man.No man at all.

And that I will agree with you on, none of us know how much we have left.

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:34 pm

shady wrote:

We all have problems Sassy & I agree that there is no shame in asking for help.

Dealing with nightmares can be difficult and depends on the cause. if they are not caused by reaction to direct event...i.e they are the result of general stress or worry, learning a technique called lucid dreaming can help. I know this sounds odd...but you CAN , with practice learn to recognise when a dream is "going wrong" by the fact that generally things rapidly become illogical. The brain can be trained to reconise this and partially waken enough for the "logical " part to take over and sort out the nonsense that typically infests a nightmare. I dont know if there is anywhere that can teach this...methinks a lot of googling might be in order.....
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:36 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Well, she might not have been to war, but there was definitely something bothering her! Nightmares do not come to untroubled minds. I hope it doesn't return.

I don't really agree with you about the cause of the nightmare as I'm sure that most of us have things that bother us.

Do you remember the film The Exorcist? Well I watched it when I was still in the navy & had a terrible nightmare about it.And that was during a period of relatively trouble free life.......I wasn't married,had no kids,didn't have a mortgage.......you know,the usual day to day crap.

But I do have nightmares from time to time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:41 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

Dealing with nightmares can be difficult and depends on the cause. if they are not caused by reaction to direct event...i.e they are the result of general stress or worry, learning a technique called lucid dreaming can help. I know this sounds odd...but you CAN , with practice learn to recognise when a dream is "going wrong" by the fact that generally things rapidly become illogical. The brain can be trained to reconise this and partially waken enough for the "logical " part to take over and sort out the nonsense that typically infests a nightmare. I dont know if there is anywhere that can teach this...methinks a lot of googling might be in order.....

I learnt to do this a long time ago through meditation. I even have a dream when I know I am dreaming, but I am flying and I decide during the dream where to fly to. I have to confess it is so real that on occasion, when waking, I have thought to myself, well thats easy, I just push up like this and then I will fly. Takes a couple of seconds before I realise I am no longer dreaming. I also can decide to change a dream and have a set sequence to bring it back to somewhere I love. Meditation is a wonderful thing and I would not have coped with half the things in my life without it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:44 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

My main strategy in life Victor is finding happiness.Sassy will know what I mean because I have read the book by the Dalai Lama titled 'The art of happiness'....It's a good guide for living & dealing with lifes hard times.And no before you ask I'm not bald,I don't wear orange robes & I don't chant om mani puni hom....or whatever it is they chant.

This strategy helps me deal with nightmares after I've had them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:44 pm

shady wrote:

I don't really agree with you about the cause of the nightmare as I'm sure that most of us have things that bother us.

Do you remember the film The Exorcist? Well I watched it when I was still in the navy & had a terrible nightmare about it.And that was during a period of relatively trouble free life.......I wasn't married,had no kids,didn't have a mortgage.......you know,the usual day to day crap.

But I do have nightmares from time to time.

But obviously something in the film really troubled you.

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:45 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

I learnt to do this a long time ago through meditation. I even have a dream when I know I am dreaming, but I am flying and I decide during the dream where to fly to. I have to confess it is so real that on occasion, when waking, I have thought to myself, well thats easy, I just push up like this and then I will fly. Takes a couple of seconds before I realise I am no longer dreaming. I also can decide to change a dream and have a set sequence to bring it back to somewhere I love. Meditation is a wonderful thing and I would not have coped with half the things in my life without it.

good isnt it...to be in control of ones dreams......nightmares are often "conflict" symbols, and the reaction and answer of your "lucid" conciousness can sometimes provide a solution to those conflicts........
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:47 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

But obviously something in the film really troubled you.

Yeah....it was f ing horrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:48 pm

shady wrote:

My main strategy in life Victor is finding happiness.Sassy will know what I mean because I have read the book by the Dalai Lama titled 'The art of happiness'....It's a good guide for living & dealing with lifes hard times.And no before you ask I'm not bald,I don't wear orange robes & I don't chant om mani puni hom....or whatever it is they chant.This strategy helps me deal with nightmares after I've had them.

hmmm...well nothing wrong with that shady, I personally find these guys most agreeable, and very interesting to talk cosmology with. As a pagan, my curiosity knows no bounds in these matters.
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:49 pm

shady wrote:

My main strategy in life Victor is finding happiness.Sassy will know what I mean because I have read the book by the Dalai Lama titled 'The art of happiness'....It's a good guide for living & dealing with lifes hard times.And no before you ask I'm not bald,I don't wear orange robes & I don't chant om mani puni hom....or whatever it is they chant.

This strategy helps me deal with nightmares after I've had them.

I firmly believe Shady that the only way to true happiness in inner peace, that comes from living your lifethe best way you can, doing the most you can do for those around you and living it as an open book. No secrets, no games, straightforward and honest, standing up for what you believe in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:52 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

good isnt it...to be in control of ones dreams......nightmares are often "conflict" symbols, and the reaction and answer of your "lucid" conciousness can sometimes provide a solution to those conflicts........

From time to time I have phases when I dream about large waves approaching a beach.I don't mean destructive tsunamis,just large waves that are larger than say the usual kind of surf.

Other times I am in flight......never really high,but just skimming above the roof tops.in those flying dreams I am very happy & feel a sense of relief......But the detail.My God,the detail of the flying is amazing & if I wake up just after the dream,I feel really disappointed.

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:52 pm

shady wrote:

Yeah....it was f ing horrible.
one wonders why folks fear the spirits of the other world.......you know, they have NO power in this world other than fear, they cannot actually harm you unless they posess some one in order to carry out their badness.........and you cannot be posessed if you dont fear them. Tip...dont play with ouija boards, especially if you are of a nervous disposition.
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:53 pm

shady wrote:

From time to time I have phases when I dream about large waves approaching a beach.I don't mean destructive tsunamis,just large waves that are larger than say the usual kind of surf.

Other times I am in flight......never really high,but just skimming above the roof tops.in those flying dreams I am very happy & feel a sense of relief......But the detail.My God,the detail of the flying is amazing & if I wake up just after the dream,I feel really disappointed.

flying is a common theme, however many of MY lucid dreams are , shall we say Embarassed
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:54 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

I firmly believe Shady that the only way to true happiness in inner peace, that comes from living your lifethe best way you can, doing the most you can do for those around you and living it as an open book. No secrets, no games, straightforward and honest, standing up for what you believe in.

Yes Sassy.Inner piece.I wonder if I have it & everybody around me is lacking it.

What do you reckon?

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:00 am

Well good folks, i recon its time for me to find a bit of "peace" and head for me bed....I recon we are barmy , sitting here nattering on at 01:00 ...yawn....but its a nice kind of nuttyness . sleep well, and blessed be
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:01 am

shady wrote:

Yes Sassy.Inner piece.I wonder if I have it & everybody around me is lacking it.

What do you reckon?

What do I reckon? Inner peace is something i have have always had, whether you have it or not would not like to say. Thats for you to decide.

Night Victor, you are quite correct, we are balmy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:03 am

victorismyhero wrote:
one wonders why folks fear the spirits of the other world.......you know, they have NO power in this world other than fear, they cannot actually harm you unless they posess some one in order to carry out their badness.........and you cannot be posessed if you dont fear them. Tip...dont play with ouija boards, especially if you are of a nervous disposition.

Ouija boards...How funny this is as you have evoked an old childhood memory of mine.It must have have been about 40 years ago when me Mum & Dad were visiting friends who decided to get the ouija board out & call for ghosts......I'm nearly pissing myself laughing at this because my Mum didn't want me to get involved but I & the family friends insisted that I play.

Well to cut it short,I made such a good job of pretending that I was possessed by a ghost that my Mum started screaming......Oh I am pissing myself laughing.......But it all went wrong for me when I spelt out the word 'bum' on the board & burst out laughing.
Well my Mum bounced my head so hard that I saw dozens of ghosts,pixies,goblins & Christ knows what.

Nowadays my Mum can't remember what happened 5 minutes ago.................Dementia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:04 am

victorismyhero wrote:Well good folks, i recon its time for me to find a bit of "peace" and head for me bed....I recon we are barmy , sitting here nattering on at 01:00 ...yawn....but its a nice kind of nuttyness . sleep well, and blessed be

Goodnight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top