Joseph Smith a true prophet of God

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Joseph Smith a true prophet of God

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:05 pm

elektrafied wrote:Joseph Smith was the founder he died a martyr and certainly not rich.
but simply being a good person is not enough to be sure of going to heaven, you must work for God.

As you have never been to Heaven, how do you know you must work for 'God' and being a good person is not enough. You will be telling me next that you have to be 'saved' but that is not a Mormon idea is it?[/quote] What about the Tithe that you believe in? What about the three separate Kingdoms?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:28 pm

of course we tithe that helps people, yes what we do for God allows us to a given level of heaven, our work is ultimately rewarded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:40 pm

elektrafied wrote:of course we tithe that helps people, yes what we do for God allows us to a given level of heaven, our work is ultimately rewarded.

Are you sure you are a mormon. The tithe has nothing to do with helping people and the levels are not about what you do for God. Perhaps you would like to explain it to me as I appear to know more than you do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:20 pm

the three degrees of glory in heaven heaven are protected by angels, they will know wether you should be there or not the celestial, terrestial and telestial..you must past through the temple to go on, there is a ceremony in the temple.

I don\'t know what you have been taught about the Latter day saints but there is much rubbish about the church.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:33 pm

elektrafied wrote:the three degrees of glory in heaven heaven are protected by angels, they will know wether you should be there or not the celestial, terrestial and telestial..you must past through the temple to go on, there is a ceremony in the temple.

I don\'t know what you have been taught about the Latter day saints but there is much rubbish about the church.

So who goes to the three levels and what is the Tithe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:01 pm

elektrafied wrote:
your actions and faith determine which level you will attain, some will go to the outer darkness to.
the tithe is 10% as the bible requires it shows you know where the money comes from in the first place and that is God, it shows humility and love for God and that we want to help people.

Who goes to outer darkness and what people go to each of the levels? And what are the two requirements of the tithe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:10 pm

hi tithes have two points they show we are serious and love God, you cannot get a temple recommend if you don\'t tithe.
the outer darkness is where those who knew God but stopped believing go.
The three glories your level is dependant on your standing in the church and your service to God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:22 pm

elektrafied wrote:hi tithes have two points they show we are serious and love God, you cannot get a temple recommend if you don\'t tithe.
the outer darkness is where those who knew God but stopped believing go.
The three glories your level is dependant on your standing in the church and your service to God.

Are you sure about the three glories and would you not be happier talking about Joseph Prince?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi folks. Mandy, I did warn you of the opposition you'd encounter in these forums. By the way, Electra was the daughter of Agamemnon, king of ancient Mycenea.

At the last count there were over 120 different Christian sects worldwide. Each and every one of them proclaiming to be the one and only true way to God. But calling it a 'Truth' is wrong, for truths are those things which can be analysed, dissected, labelled and categorized. A truth is something which all people can recognise by sight, smell, touch, taste and experience. When we all recognise something and agree it is as we all perceive it, that is a truth. God is not a truth, he is not The truth. All you can do is say: 'I believe in God, and to me he is a Truth.'

Sassy, don't encourage her, we had enough of Joseph Prince with the gruesome twosome.

Last edited by stardesk on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:27 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi folks. Mandy, I did warn you of the opposition you'd encounter in these forums. By the way, Electra was the daughter of Agamemnon, king of ancient Mycenea.

At the last count there were over 120 different Christian sects worldwide. Each and every one of them proclaiming to be the one and only true way to God. But calling it a 'Truth' is wrong, for truths are those things which can be analysed, dissected, labelled and categorized. A truth is something which all people can recognise by sight, smell, touch, taste and experience. When we all recognise something and agree it is as we all perceive it, that is a truth. God is not a truth, he is not The truth. All you can do is say: 'I believe in God, and to me he is a Truth.'

Hi Stardesk, exactly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:31 pm

"All you can do is say: 'I believe in God, and to me he is a Truth.'"

So true xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi Sassy & FTL. It is not for any of us to deny someone their faith, but what I find unaccepatble is when they categorically state their belief as a truth, for it is not. If it were, then we'd have a couple of hundred different truths, going by all the different religious factions. And that of course cannot be, for then we'd have multiple truths interpreting that one truth in many and various ways. A conlict of opinion and reality.

Where god/gods are concerned there can be only one answer for me, and that is God is an untruth in reality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:40 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi Sassy & FTL. It is not for any of us to deny someone their faith, but what I find unaccepatble is when they categorically state their belief as a truth, for it is not. If it were, then we'd have a couple of hundred different truths, going by all the different religious factions. And that of course cannot be, for then we'd have multiple truths interpreting that one truth in many and various ways. A conlict of opinion and reality.

Where god/gods are concerned there can be only one answer for me, and that is God is an untruth in reality.

I just laugh at the thought of a heaven being filled with all the 'one true God(s)' all fighting it out amongst themselves!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:12 pm

You make a good, valid point there, Sassy. Let's asume for the moment, for the sake of this arguement, that God is real, If that were the case, and as He never exterminated Satan, surely an easy thing for a god to do, then we must asume that Satan was also a god. I often like to think of them as brothers whom, like in most families, were completely different and could never agree upon anything, always squabbling and falling out.

Considering them to be real, and considering their different personalities, it is also easy, and -logical?- to visualize the two of them playing a game, with we humans as the pieces on the board.

Now, where has our Joseph Smith missionary gone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:12 am

sassy1261 wrote:

Think you might be wrong there, the most strident christians are American!

I appreciate that but I actually said Europe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:27 am

Seren wrote:

I appreciate that but I actually said Europe.

My apologies, I realised you were talking about immigration to Europe, I did not realise you were talking about only Europe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:17 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

My apologies, I realised you were talking about immigration to Europe, I did not realise you were talking about only Europe.

Since Darwin secularism and atheism has slowly been superseding the old Church here in Europe. Previously the Church held a tight grip on Europeans lives for centuries prior to that.

My point was that Religion as in a belief in some REAL deity is only really strong amongst Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs etc and as we know mostly they are here due to immigration. True Christian belief here is virtually non-existent apart from these anomalies, Mormons and Jehovah's etc.

I rarely class America as part of our European identity. We have very tenuous links at best and as time goes on the differences between us become greater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top