Joseph Smith a true prophet of God

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Joseph Smith a true prophet of God

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Joseph Smith was told by God all the other churches are wrong a to start the one true church.
The Chuch of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints.

Back to top Go down

Re: Joseph Smith a true prophet of God

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Sorry, but every religion thinks its the 'true' religion, thats why I think they are all wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:45 am

elektrafied wrote:Joseph Smith was told by God all the other churches are wrong a to start the one true church.

Mormons eh? A very different bunch to Protestant offshoots as we have had in Europe.

When I look at somebody like Wesley, I see a reformer and true believer in Christian charity. Unfortunately I do not necessarily see that in the Mormon Church or indeed with Jehovah Witnesses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:25 am

Seren wrote:
Mormons eh? A very different bunch to Protestant offshoots as we have had in Europe.

When I look at somebody like Wesley, I see a reformer and true believer in Christian charity. Unfortunately I do not necessarily see that in the Mormon Church or indeed with Jehovah Witnesses.

The church of Jesus Christ and the latter day saints work all over the world, bringing the word of God and helping people in need, have you seen the beautiful temples we build.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:35 am

Well I cannot say that I am clued up on the temples really, although I have seen Salt Lake and it is pretty gorgeous isn't it?

What help do they bring to people in need?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:46 am

elektrafied wrote:

The church of Jesus Christ and the latter day saints work all over the world, bringing the word of God and helping people in need, have you seen the beautiful temples we build.

I go with my signature from the Dalai Lama, why build temples?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Seren wrote:Well I cannot say that I am clued up on the temples really, although I have seen Salt Lake and it is pretty gorgeous isn't it?

salt lake is very beautiful, didn't you visit the main temple in temple square what an awesome place.
We bring hope and truth to a people who have none.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:28 pm

elektrafied wrote:[quote=\\\"Seren\\\"]Well I cannot say that I am clued up on the temples really, although I have seen Salt Lake and it is pretty gorgeous isn\\\'t it?

salt lake is very beautiful, didn\\\'t you visit the main temple in temple square what an awesome place.
We bring hope and truth to a people who have none.[/quote]

Temples are only there to show how rich you are and hope and truth (your version of it) don't put food on the table or clothes on your back. So basically, you make money and build large building and hope to convert more people to make more money and build more large buildings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:31 pm

No I have not physically been there but have seen photos and it's really a beautiful place.

I don't know any charities yet supported by Church of the Latter Day Saints yet?

Any ideas?

Or are you expecting me to go and just research it myself. I am quite busy, well too busy to "jump" when asked to by a poster.

I thought you started the thread to "educate" people about this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Can I just ask though, are you having trouble with posting and using the quote button?

Just stop using it for a while and I will try to figure out what the issue is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:47 pm

I want people to know that Joseph smith was a true prophet of God who died a martyr for his beliefs.
That only the Church of Jesus Christ and the latter day saints have the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:39 pm

elektrafied wrote:I want people to know that Joseph smith was a true prophet of God who died a martyr for his beliefs.
That only the Church of Jesus Christ and the latter day saints have the truth.

You can want people to know, but most of us know it is not the truth. Every church, every religion thinks they are the only one that knows the truth, that is why the rest of us know it can't be true and its all rubbish.

Its true for you, because you believe it. I think anyone who believes it has had the wool pulled over their eyes and like it that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:08 pm

As far as I'm concerned if most people don't believe something, it probably isn't true. And in the case of EVERY sect of religion, most people do not believe. As Dawkins says, we are all atheists to most religions- some of us just go that one religion further Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:10 pm

elektrafied wrote:Joseph Smith was told by God all the other churches are wrong a to start the one true church.

Anyone who is "told" anything by "god" seriously needs to see a shrink.......
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:15 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

Anyone who is "told" anything by "god" seriously needs to see a shrink.......

.... quickly!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:44 am

I can understand your position because I was there myself once, I din\'t join the church till I was 16, I thought it was all rubbish made up for weak minded people, Now I know it is a very important part of life something that can make every day so special.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:13 am

Not being rude, but you don't understand my position. At my age I have seen enough to know it is rubbish. At 16 you are very easily manipulated, then once they have got you they can keep on indoctorinating you and make you feel you are nothing without them. As I said, every religion/sect thinks it is the only one that is right, which makes it perfectly obvious that they are all wrong. Every day is special, I don't need a church to tell me that. You just need to live one day at a time and know tomorrow might never come.

Actually I think the two Josephs, Smith and Prince, have a lot in common, they both use religion to their own ends and lead their followers by the nose. I'm sorry if that offends you as a 'true believer', your truth will never be my truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:30 am

[quote=\"sassy1261\"]Not being rude, but you don\'t understand my position. At my age I have seen enough to know it is rubbish. At 16 you are very easily manipulated, then once they have got you they can keep on indoctorinating you and make you feel you are nothing without them. As I said, every religion/sect thinks it is the only one that is right, which makes it perfectly obvious that they are all wrong. Every day is special, I don\'t need a church to tell me that. You just need to live one day at a time and know tomorrow might never come.

Actually I think the two Josephs, Smith and Prince, have a lot in common, they both use religion to their own ends and lead their followers by the nose. I\'m sorry if that offends you as a \'true believer\', your truth will never be my truth. [/quote]

While I would not argue against your life experience I would wonder what could make you so sure that God does not exist.
Every day is indeed special and no you do not need a church to tell you that but eventually the end of those days will come and the brief moments spent on the earth are nothing compared to the eternity spent after.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:34 am

sassy1261 wrote:Sorry, but every religion thinks its the 'true' religion, thats why I think they are all wrong.

Hi Sassy x

I have to say that sadly I agree. I used to think being religious was a good thing. It was about being good and kind, forgiving, treating people how you would wish to be treated yourself, love........

However, it seems to me that many use their religious beliefs to make excuses for evil acts, for hurting others, for killing each other. What can be good about that? Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:46 am

The church of Jesus Christ and the latter day saints have never hurt anyone, we cannot even join the armed forces or carry any weapons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:49 am

elektrafied wrote:The church of Jesus Christ and the latter day saints have never hurt anyone, we cannot even join the armed forces or carry any weapons.

Hi Elektrafied, hope you're enjoying the forum.

You don't need weapons to hurt people. I'm not just talking about physical pain but also emotional pain too Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:52 am

elektrafied wrote:[quote=\"sassy1261\"]Not being rude, but you don\'t understand my position. At my age I have seen enough to know it is rubbish. At 16 you are very easily manipulated, then once they have got you they can keep on indoctorinating you and make you feel you are nothing without them. As I said, every religion/sect thinks it is the only one that is right, which makes it perfectly obvious that they are all wrong. Every day is special, I don\'t need a church to tell me that. You just need to live one day at a time and know tomorrow might never come.

Actually I think the two Josephs, Smith and Prince, have a lot in common, they both use religion to their own ends and lead their followers by the nose. I\'m sorry if that offends you as a \'true believer\', your truth will never be my truth.

While I would not argue against your life experience I would wonder what could make you so sure that God does not exist.
Every day is indeed special and no you do not need a church to tell you that but eventually the end of those days will come and the brief moments spent on the earth are nothing compared to the eternity spent after.[/quote]

What difference does that make? We cannot know what happens after we die, if anything does. All we can do is lead the best life we can. You don't know there is an eternity after death, you just hope. If you go through life being nasty and evil then if there is a spiritual life after, because there can certainly be no other, then basically you will reap what you sow. Therefore churches/sects/beliefs are a total waste of time. Just lead a good life. Nobody should need a third party to tell them how to do that, and the third party certainly should not be making money out of telling you their version of how they should do that as Joseph Prince certainly does and the Mormon Church appears to in order to build its temples.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:52 pm

Joseph Smith was the founder he died a martyr and certainly not rich.
but simply being a good person is not enough to be sure of going to heaven, you must work for God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:55 pm

To be honest the idea of God was really part of our transient stage as we moved from newly evolved sentient beings into the technological age that we are now in.

Religion served mankind for millennial giving it an explanation for many things on the planet. Religious belief, I mean the kind of religious belief demonstrated here, is becoming quite rare amongst Westerners and if not being imported with the mass immigration that Europe is undergoing then it would have mostly died out by now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Seren wrote:To be honest the idea of God was really part of our transient stage as we moved from newly evolved sentient beings into the technological age that we are now in.

Religion served mankind for millennial giving it an explanation for many things on the planet. Religious belief, I mean the kind of religious belief demonstrated here, is becoming quite rare amongst Westerners and if not being imported with the mass immigration that Europe is undergoing then it would have mostly died out by now

Think you might be wrong there, the most strident christians are American!

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top