RIP 'planking': Internet craze officially dead after Gordon Ramsay tries his hand at the latest online fad

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RIP 'planking': Internet craze officially dead after Gordon Ramsay tries his hand at the latest online fad

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:53 am

Along with Rick Rolling, LOLCats and recreating classic album covers, it was fun while it lasted.
But the death knell has officially been sounded for the latest online fashion for 'planking' after celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, 44, posted up photos of himself playing out the prank.
He posted up a picture of himself on Twitter trying his hand at the latest cyberspace craze on the back of a boat as he headed out from Newport Beach, California, fora spot of Father's Day fishing in thePacific

For the uninitiated, planking sees people lying stretched out flat in the most unlikely of public places,then sharing their poses on social media sites like Twitter, Flickr and Facebook.
Aficionados - generally youngsters - are required to lie expressionless with a straight body, hands by their sides with toes pointing into the ground.
The phenomenon caused alarm last month when an Australian practitioner was killed trying it on a balcony in Brisbane, but falling tohis death instead.

The victim, a man in his 20s, fell while a friend photographed him, according to police.
However, the fact that craggy-faced chef Ramsay thinks the practice is now cool is more likely to put youngsters off trying it than anything.
According to the BBC, two groups claim to have invented the prank, either in Somerset in 2000 as the 'lying down game' which went online in 2007, or in South Australia the year after where it became known as planking.
Both groups have rival Facebook sites boasting more than 100,000 fans - but maybe a few less after people see the swearing celebrity chef at it..

-------------------------------

I witnessed this stupid and dangerous craze last week, whilst on a train. One young girl lay along the small table between seats while her friends proceeded to take photo's on their phones.

I had been sitting behind these young college students, and up until then had been very impressed by them as I listened to them chat about their studies and their future propects.

As for Gordon Ramsey....extremely imature for a middle aged man.

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP 'planking': Internet craze officially dead after Gordon Ramsay tries his hand at the latest online fad

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:23 am

He likes to think he is 'hot' for some reason, obviously the sort that needs his ego massaging daily! (I did say ego!)

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP 'planking': Internet craze officially dead after Gordon Ramsay tries his hand at the latest online fad

Post by SEXY MAMA on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:35 pm

I suppose when you are young its ok to act like an idiot but not in your FORTIES lol!!!!
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Well I am so glad that by being a tosser he will put off so many young ones!
cheers

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top