Benefit Cheat Actress Didn't Bury Mum's Body

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Benefit Cheat Actress Didn't Bury Mum's Body

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:20 pm

I'm not too sure about this one. Having just had a funeral, with an ecological cardboard coffin, it still cost £3,500. I did wonder what the hell people would do if they had no money? She only claimed one lot of pension (about £170) and one lot of carers allowance, so she obviously did not do it for the money. I just wonder whether she just did not have the money to bury her and panicked, just tried to pretend it had not happened..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:01 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

I'm not too sure about this one. Having just had a funeral, with an ecological cardboard coffin, it still cost £3,500. I did wonder what the hell people would do if they had no money? She only claimed one lot of pension (about £170) and one lot of carers allowance, so she obviously did not do it for the money. I just wonder whether she just did not have the money to bury her and panicked, just tried to pretend it had not happened..

I guess there is always two sides to every story Sassy. If that's true it would be very sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:19 am

Putting aside the sad complexities of this story, I thought many of the headlines were telling...it included at the fore-front the words 'benefit cheat' when in fact the woman was nothing of the sort. Talk about a RW media agenda twisting reality again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:42 am

Skemster wrote:Putting aside the sad complexities of this story, I thought many of the headlines were telling...it included at the fore-front the words 'benefit cheat' when in fact the woman was nothing of the sort. Talk about a RW media agenda twisting reality again.

That was the thing that sickened me the most. Who the hell knows what that poor woman was thinking, but it definitely wasn't about claiming the money, oh wow, all £200!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:37 pm

I thought that the council provided funerals if you could not afford to. Maybe it is different nowadays. When that fox case in the cemetery in London was in the news, all the funerals involved were paupers funerals apparently.

There is a facebook campaign currently to give soldiers free funerals which I agree with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:55 pm

Seren wrote:I thought that the council provided funerals if you could not afford to. Maybe it is different nowadays. When that fox case in the cemetery in London was in the news, all the funerals involved were paupers funerals apparently.

There is a facebook campaign currently to give soldiers free funerals which I agree with.

Hi Seren Very Happy x
Hope you're well. Totally agree to soldiers having free funerals, shame it's a facebook campaign though lol!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top