Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapper sentenced to 431 years

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapper sentenced to 431 years

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:52 am

Fri Jun 03 2011 5:41
The man who held Jaycee Lee Dugard captive for nearly two decades has been sentenced to 431 years in jail for her kidnap and rape.
Philip Garrido, 60, who pleaded guilty to the offences in April, wassentenced along with his wife Nancy, 55, who received a 36 years to life tariff.
Dugard was abducted in California at the age of 11 and gave birth to two children fathered by Garrido during her captivity. She was housed in a tented complex behindGarrido's home in Antioch, California.
Before the sentences were delivered, Dugard's mother read a statement on her daughter's behalf.
Addressing her abductor in her firstpublic statement, the now 31-year-old said: "I chose not to behere today because I refuse to waste another second of my life in your presence.
"Everything you ever did to me was wrong and I hope one day you will see that. I hated every secondof every day for 18 years," she wrote.
"You stole my life and that of my family."
Philip and Nancy Garrido had agreedto plead guilty as part of a deal with prosecutors that spared Dugard and her children from attending the trial.

----------------------------------

I sincerely hope that this brave, young woman and her family go on to lead a happy and fulfilled life now, though the horror's will never be forgotton.

Back to top Go down

Re: Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapper sentenced to 431 years

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:58 pm

431 years! Now that is a sentence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:22 pm

"I chose not to be here today because I refuse to waste another second of my life in your presence."

I hope Jaycee will also refuse to waste another second thinking about this evil man Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Do they get parole after 215 years then? Question lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top