If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2011 9:24 am

The UN are showing their Loony left PC obsessed credentials when they are criticising Australia for putting the wellfare of their country and citizens first and foremost. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13537669 -- If only we had a government that would put the interests of Britain and it's citizens first instead of "U turn Cameron" and "ineffectual Cleggy". Or ever the Disgraced Liebour party.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2011 2:44 pm

Hardly - record legal immigration continues to swamp us. Boat people make up a tiny majority of the immigrant intake and "getting tough on them" is political theatre.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:56 am

John wrote:Hardly - record legal immigration continues to swamp us. Boat people make up a tiny majority of the immigrant intake and "getting tough on them" is political theatre.

Very good point John.

Another thing I'll add is isn't it interesting that in this case the BNP supporters haven't gone on about the rights of the indigenous people of Australia

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:27 am

I'm the king wrote:

Very good point John.

Another thing I'll add is isn't it interesting that in this case the BNP supporters haven't gone on about the rights of the indigenous people of Australia

The Aboriginals of Australia had a rough time and lost a lot of their Country to invading peoples, sound familiar? Question

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:36 am

MrDoodles wrote:

The Aboriginals of Australia had a rough time and lost a lot of their Country to invading peoples, sound familiar? Question

No Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:42 am

I'm the king wrote:

No Rolling Eyes

It will do soon! Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:50 am

I'm glad I don't live in your world Mr D.

I'm a straight, white, British Male, according to you I'm meant to be oppressed, but I'm not.

I have an optimistic view of the future, maybe it's because I'm still young and have my life to look forward to though

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:59 pm

I'm the king wrote:
I'm a straight, white, British Male, according to you I'm meant to be oppressed, but I'm not.


You are, you just don't realise it yet! Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:43 am

Oh dear MrD, paranoia is not a virtue. And I do hope I too can maintain a more postivie outlook as I get older Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:39 pm

eilzel wrote:Oh dear MrD, paranoia is not a virtue. And I do hope I too can maintain a more postivie outlook as I get older Very Happy

Its easy Eilzel, I was born at the end of a world war, was involved in Vietnam while working for the New Zealand Air Force, was involved in avoiding uprisings in Singapore when I was there as a tiny child, then again when I was there 18/21 had bombs go off around me. While at boarding school we had the Cuba affair and thought Russia and America between them might blow up the world. Anything else, could probably think of other things, but has it dented my optimism, not one bit. What it has proved to me is that human beings can survive anything and come out the other side smiling.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:03 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Its easy Eilzel, I was born at the end of a world war, was involved in Vietnam while working for the New Zealand Air Force, was involved in avoiding uprisings in Singapore when I was there as a tiny child, then again when I was there 18/21 had bombs go off around me. While at boarding school we had the Cuba affair and thought Russia and America between them might blow up the world. Anything else, could probably think of other things, but has it dented my optimism, not one bit. What it has proved to me is that human beings can survive anything and come out the other side smiling.

Hi Sass x

Glad to hear it Smile

I do find, that people who have seen more of the world and met more people from the 'international community' tend to have a more embracing and open mind. I have done very little travelling tbh, and the only really far reaching places I have visited are Egypt and China. But I'm very young, and plan to take in at least one new country every year; and not live fearing all and sundry who don't live just like we do. Mikes threads on 'taking care in none white countries' are bewildering to me. Most foreigners are ultra friendly to outsiders in my (admittedly limited) experience- and that includes the French Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:11 pm

eilzel wrote:

Hi Sass x

Glad to hear it Smile

I do find, that people who have seen more of the world and met more people from the 'international community' tend to have a more embracing and open mind. I have done very little travelling tbh, and the only really far reaching places I have visited are Egypt and China. But I'm very young, and plan to take in at least one new country every year; and not live fearing all and sundry who don't live just like we do. Mikes threads on 'taking care in none white countries' are bewildering to me. Most foreigners are ultra friendly to outsiders in my (admittedly limited) experience- and that includes the French Very Happy

Good for you Eilzel! There are so many countries to explore and you've a lifetime to do it. The only place I've been where I felt uncomfortable was Jamaica to be honest. Everywhere else I've been the people have been so friendly and welcoming.

The Cuban people are the friendliest I've met so far. Once you get past customs that is!!! affraid

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Good for you Eilzel! There are so many countries to explore and you've a lifetime to do it. The only place I've been where I felt uncomfortable was Jamaica to be honest. Everywhere else I've been the people have been so friendly and welcoming.

The Cuban people are the friendliest I've met so far. Once you get past customs that is!!! affraid

Customs can be a nightmare! My OH keeps trying to kid me we need a passport for going to Scotland later in the year, told him he has troubles then, his needs renewing, mine doesn't. Never let it run out, you never know when you might get the chance to head off. When I was younger, with my dad in the Air Force, we used to move every two or three years. I loved it, it's given me itchy feet ever since. I got thrown in the deep end so many times to new schools, jobs etc, it gave me enormous confidence knowing I could cope with anything. I always wished I was better at picking up languages, but they are my blind spot. Maths, physics, chemistry, tech drawing, no problem. French, German etc, just a bare smattering, much to my shame.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:12 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Customs can be a nightmare! My OH keeps trying to kid me we need a passport for going to Scotland later in the year, told him he has troubles then, his needs renewing, mine doesn't. Never let it run out, you never know when you might get the chance to head off. When I was younger, with my dad in the Air Force, we used to move every two or three years. I loved it, it's given me itchy feet ever since. I got thrown in the deep end so many times to new schools, jobs etc, it gave me enormous confidence knowing I could cope with anything. I always wished I was better at picking up languages, but they are my blind spot. Maths, physics, chemistry, tech drawing, no problem. French, German etc, just a bare smattering, much to my shame.

Hey Sassy I love you x

Good to see you! Believe me, my passport is always in date lol!

I'm the same with languages. I dropped them as soon as possible for other subjects. I wish I'd learnt Spanish Sad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If they don't like the way the Australians do things then they should not go there.

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:26 pm

eilzel wrote:Oh dear MrD, paranoia is not a virtue. And I do hope I too can maintain a more postivie outlook as I get older Very Happy

Don't worry eilzel, when you get to 50, you'll be a miserable old git, just like me! lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic
 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum