Stuffy British Judge wants Twitter to reveal identity of a member. --- Wrong

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuffy British Judge wants Twitter to reveal identity of a member. --- Wrong

Post by Guest on Sat May 21, 2011 10:48 am

Twitter should tell him to FCUK OFF. The ban on publication of the footballer's name has been set up in Britain and should only apply in Britain. What right has the British judge to influence American law or interfere with American companies. The British judiciery are overstepping the mark day in and day out over those stupid injunctions, they are even trying to ban the historical precedent, Parliamentary Privilege. Parliament should stand up to those judges and show them that it is the democratically elected parliament who are in charge of running this country. Not a few out of touch Judges.

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuffy British Judge wants Twitter to reveal identity of a member. --- Wrong

Post by Guest on Sat May 21, 2011 9:56 pm

So how long do we give this before it's printed in a UK Newspaper then? Question

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuffy British Judge wants Twitter to reveal identity of a member. --- Wrong

Post by Guest on Sun May 22, 2011 9:50 am

MrDoodles wrote:So how long do we give this before it's printed in a UK Newspaper then? Question

Was in Saturday's press Mr D. Was given quite a bit of coverage as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 22, 2011 9:52 am

fred bloggs wrote:

Was in Saturday's press Mr D. Was given quite a bit of coverage as well.

Sorry Fred, I meant how long before his name is printed in a UK Newspaper! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 22, 2011 9:56 am

MrDoodles wrote:

Sorry Fred, I meant how long before his name is printed in a UK Newspaper! Twisted Evil

That's OK Mr D, Guess I misunderstood your post. Sorry!.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 22, 2011 9:57 am

What you mean is, how long til we can say his name here.

I reckon we should go ahead anyway. Whats the worst that could happen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 22, 2011 10:02 am

Seren wrote:What you mean is, how long til we can say his name here.

I reckon we should go ahead anyway. Whats the worst that could happen

Well I nearly did, I was worried about the Legal implications for the site! Twisted Evil

Where are the servers based? Question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 22, 2011 10:19 am

MrDoodles wrote:

Well I nearly did, I was worried about the Legal implications for the site! Twisted Evil

Where are the servers based? Question

I'm fairly sure we'd have some legal issues if we did, but rest assured most of us know who it is don't we.

Best play safe though and not post his name Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 22, 2011 12:30 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

Maybe not too long Mr Doodles.........

Newspaper Claims To ID Injunction Footie Star

A Scottish national newspaper has claimed it has identified the footballer at the centre of a legal injunction.

The Sunday Herald published a barely concealed picture of a football star on its front page. The newspaper's actions come after a British player obtained a superinjunction to prevent details of an alleged affair with former Big Brother contestant, Imogen Thomas, being published. Technically, the newspaper is free to publish the footballer's name, as the injunction does not apply in Scotland.

However, most publications have not exploited this opportunity because of the possibility that copies would be sold south of the border in England. The near-unmasking is the latest blow to the player's attempts to keep his identity under wraps. Users of Twitter posted messages claiming to reveal who he was as soon as news of the injunction first emerged. Then the messages spiked last week as the player's lawyers announced that he would be suing the website and "persons unknown" for breaching the court order.

At one point the name of a particular footballer was mentioned at a rate of up to 16 times a minute.

A spokesman for Schillings, the law firm representing the footballer, said: "An application has been made to obtain limited information concerning the unlawful use of Twitter by a small number of individuals who may have breached a court order."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Superinjunctions-Scottish-Sunday-Herald-Claims-It-Has-Identified-The-Footballer-In-Legal-Row/Article/201105415997071?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15997071_Superinjunctions%3A_Scottish_Sunday_Herald_Claims_It_Has_Identified_The_Footballer_In_Legal_Row

Is anyone really interested anyway? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Is anyone really interested anyway? Rolling Eyes

Precisely! Twisted Evil

If it had been in the papers when it 1st came to light, it would have blown over by now! Twisted Evil

Now, I don't follow football, but I believe that the player in question, has had a long and successful career and now all his legacy will be, is he was the one the had an affair with Imogen Thomas, took out a super injunction which failed, then tried unsuccessfully to sue Twitter! Twisted Evil

What an idiot! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 22, 2011 12:42 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

Precisely! Twisted Evil

If it had been in the papers when it 1st came to light, it would have blown over by now! Twisted Evil

Now, I don't follow football, but I believe that the player in question, has had a long and successful career and now all his legacy will be, is he was the one the had an affair with Imogen Thomas, took out a super injunction which failed, then tried unsuccessfully to sue Twitter! Twisted Evil

What an idiot! Twisted Evil

Totally agree Mr Doodles, what a numpty No

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top