For Animal Lovers :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

For Animal Lovers :)

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi All I love you x

You may have noticed that I have a soft spot for animals. I've been looking at photos on the Guardian website tonight. Take a look, there are some amazing pictures posted Very Happy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/series/weekinwildlife

How cute is this little guy??? x

Back to top Go down

Re: For Animal Lovers :)

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Adorable FtL x

Such brilliant eyes Shocked

The Guardian often features some amazing pictures. It's centrefold eyewitness pictures occassinal display some awesome animal pictures (one of two stallions fighting/playing in water once was incredible).

This one is just cute Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Hey Eilzel I love you x

Hubby took this one of blackbirds nesting in honeysuckle in our garden Very Happy x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Feelthelove wrote:Hey Eilzel I love you x

Hubby took this one of blackbirds nesting in honeysuckle in our garden Very Happy x

She is keeping her eye on you!!!!! Lovely photo FTL xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Feelthelove wrote:Hey Eilzel I love you x

That is actually a really good picture FtL, so close up Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 9:26 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

She is keeping her eye on you!!!!! Lovely photo FTL xx

Thanks Sassy I love you x

I don't think Hubby could believe his luck! We have lots of birds again this year. Blue tits in the box at the end of the garden. Fantastic Very Happy

My little dog doesn't like blackbirds though for some reason. Likes to chase them off! Luckily they are quicker and braver than him lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 pm

eilzel wrote:

That is actually a really good picture FtL, so close up Smile

Thanks Eilzel I love you x It's a once in a lifetime shot and Hubby is rightly very proud of it. I posted it for him xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Thanks Sassy I love you x

I don't think Hubby could believe his luck! We have lots of birds again this year. Blue tits in the box at the end of the garden. Fantastic Very Happy

My little dog doesn't like blackbirds though for some reason. Likes to chase them off! Luckily they are quicker and braver than him lol!

He doesn't do it so often know he is an old fella, but mine loved to chase seagulls, then he would stand and bark defiantly at them when they dive bombed him! Now he is getting a bit blind and chases paper bags until he gets near enough to see what they are, then pretends he was not interested in the first place!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 9:42 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

He doesn't do it so often know he is an old fella, but mine loved to chase seagulls, then he would stand and bark defiantly at them when they dive bombed him! Now he is getting a bit blind and chases paper bags until he gets near enough to see what they are, then pretends he was not interested in the first place!

LOL!!! You can't help but love them can you?? xxx

Seagulls were a nightmare for my cat (no longer with us Sad). Poor old thing rarely caught anything. The last time I remember him catching a mouse a seagull came down and stole it from him!! He didn't bother after that, well he was 18 cat x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 9:44 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

LOL!!! You can't help but love them can you?? xxx

Seagulls were a nightmare for my cat (no longer with us Sad). Poor old thing rarely caught anything. The last time I remember him catching a mouse a seagull came down and stole it from him!! He didn't bother after that, well he was 18 cat x

No wonder he gave up!!! I have changed my avatar to another of my paintings, thought you might like to see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 9:49 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

No wonder he gave up!!! I have changed my avatar to another of my paintings, thought you might like to see it.

WOW Sassy that's beautiful Very Happy xxx

Do you ever share/sell your paintings? You should, you are very talented x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 9:53 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

WOW Sassy that's beautiful Very Happy xxx

Do you ever share/sell your paintings? You should, you are very talented x

Thanks love x I have sold some and friends ask me to paint things for them. Would you believe I have an ongoing one for a friend who used to love pickled eggs when he was a child going to the fish and chip shop, so I am doing him a painting of a bottle of pickled eggs on a marble top with those big salt and pepper and vinegar bottles by it, called 'English Tea'!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 19, 2011 11:17 am

sassy1261 wrote:

I am doing him a painting of a bottle of pickled eggs on a marble top with those big salt and pepper and vinegar bottles by it, called 'English Tea'!

Wouldn't it be more "culturally diverse" to do a picture of a doner in a kebab shop? Question Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Thats an excellent picture FTL Very Happy Your hubby is brave getting so close I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that beak! Suspect

Sassy I noticed your new avatar and wondered if it was one of your paintings, I love it! I want a house like that in the middle of nowhere and even more privacy with the trees, one day maybe Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 19, 2011 8:30 pm

molly wrote:Thats an excellent picture FTL Very Happy Your hubby is brave getting so close I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that beak! Suspect

Sassy I noticed your new avatar and wondered if it was one of your paintings, I love it! I want a house like that in the middle of nowhere and even more privacy with the trees, one day maybe Very Happy

Thanks Molly, it's lovely isn't it. Just luck really cheers

Yes. it's one of Sassy's pictures - see above. She's so talented I love you xxx

Back to top Go down

Hop-pily ever after: Bernie the kangaroo joey brought back to life by his rescuer with a kiss

Post by Guest on Sat May 28, 2011 10:20 am

A baby kangaroo was brought back from the dead after being given the kiss of life by a wildlife carer. So young that it hadn’t even grown hair yet, the joey - the name given to baby kangaroos - was rushed to a rescue centre after it was found lying lifeless by the side of a road near Melbourne, Australia. The tiny pink animal was cold to the touch, but Lisa Milligan didn’t give up hope. She breathed air down its nose and mouth and massaged its heart until it suddenly came to.

Claws for thought: Bernie can consider himself the luckiest kangaroo alive after being brought back to life by Lisa Milligan

‘It was gone for all love and money. It wasn’t breathing. It was icy to touch and rigid,’ Ms Milligan told Australia’s Herald Sun newspaper. ‘But I kept going and after 15 minutes, it suddenly barked, which is what they do. And it started turning from a lifeless grey colour to perfect pink again.’

Ms Milligan has settled on calling the four-month-old creature Bernie, having concluded that naming him Lucky would be plain unlucky. ‘I think Bernie will suit him, after the movie Weekend At Bernie's,’ she told the paper.

He was found by the side of a road next to his dead mother, who had been killed by a collision with a car. Ms Milligan, who works at the Wildlife Rescue Centre at Kilmore, near Melbourne, explained that a passer-by had dragged the body of the adult to the side of the road so that his daughter would be spared from seeing it on her journey to school the next day. It was then that he noticed the joey lying worryingly still not far away. Praying that there was a hope he could be saved, the kind-hearted motorist dashed to the wildlife centre, where Ms Milligan saved him.

Kangaroos are particularly vulnerable near roads as engine noise and bright headlights surprise them and cause the energetic creatures to bound into oncoming traffic. Such is the damage a kangaroo can cause a car that many are fitted with protective ‘roo bars’. Sadly, because joeys travel in the pouches of their mothers, they too are often victims of collisions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1391548/Bernie-Kangaroo-joey-brought-life-rescuer.html#ixzz1NdnpOAKw

Ahhhh I love a happy ending, at least for this little one. He's so cute I love you x

The first photo tickles me, I'm sure Bernie should be growling - GRRRRRRRRR! lol!

Back to top Go down

Smotherly love! A reassuring snuggle for the kitten having a nightmare becomes an international YouTube hit

Post by Guest on Sat May 28, 2011 10:29 am

Awww factor 10! People usually say they're either a dog person or a cat person, but this display of motherly love should have universal appeal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1391736/Smother-love-A-reassuring-snuggle-kitten-having-nightmare.html

Couldn't resist posting this little kitten being comforted by his Mum I love you x

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top